IGNORED

Wata SNES cib grading questions

Jayleonis

1. I see the back of cib wata games only show grade for manual cart and box. Is the overall score and score on the front the average of all 3?

2. Does wata take into consideration if the cib is 100% complete with original paper work? White warranty slip, registrations cards, advertisements and posters(game specific or generic). Is there a designation on the wata label for this? And if so how do they know what was originally in it to grade the paperwork completeness. 

3. Can someone explain more on the imp designation I have seen on some.  Is this like a box made in japan but has the made in Mexico black and white manual? I’d imagine though there is no way to no if a manual is specific to a certain box so these can be pieced together and pass wata inspection to avoid the imp ?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It's a weighted average so I think it's 20% manual, 30% cartridge and 50% box.

2. Yes, I have seen some mention of extra inserts listed below the grades but WATA will consider it complete without them. There is no way to tell for sure which inserts came in a specific game without having someone document opening a sealed copy but we do know the timelines of when certain inserts were included and we have an idea of when the print runs for specific games happened. So if a print run of a game happened in November of 1995 and then another run happened in spring of 1996, we can tell the inserts that were usually included in those time periods.

3. IMP is Improperly Married Parts and refers to pieces being put together from different print runs which were never initially released together, like a Made In Mexico cartridge with a Made In Japan box. Or on NES, a circle seal cartridge with an oval seal box (even though those occasionally did come together).

23 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

1. It's a weighted average so I think it's 20% manual, 30% cartridge and 50% box.

2. Yes, I have seen some mention of extra inserts listed below the grades but WATA will consider it complete without them. There is no way to tell for sure which inserts came in a specific game without having someone document opening a sealed copy but we do know the timelines of when certain inserts were included and we have an idea of when the print runs for specific games happened. So if a print run of a game happened in November of 1995 and then another run happened in spring of 1996, we can tell the inserts that were usually included in those time periods.

3. IMP is Improperly Married Parts and refers to pieces being put together from different print runs which were never initially released together, like a Made In Mexico cartridge with a Made In Japan box. Or on NES, a circle seal cartridge with an oval seal box (even though those occasionally did come together).

Ty.  I read in another thread just now as I was searching that WATA lists extra inserts that are game specific like registration cards, but not the extra more generic advertisement posters and inserts. Which is ashame because cibs do go for a premium and are only considered 100% complete when they have all of the papers

15 minutes ago, Jayleonis said:

Ty.  I read in another thread just now as I was searching that WATA lists extra inserts that are game specific like registration cards, but not the extra more generic advertisement posters and inserts. Which is ashame because cibs do go for a premium and are only considered 100% complete when they have all of the papers

It depends on the buyer. Any of the Heritage Auction guys aren't going to give a shit about a registration card and wouldn't pay $1 more for it.

I would, but there aren't many people like me.