IGNORED

FS/FO: Brand New PS5 Blu-Ray Edition w/ Spider Man: Miles Morales & Sonic Frontiers ($375), PS4/5 and XB Games

RH

Posted
Posted (edited)

I managed to get an exceptional deal (and I mean literal pennies on the dollar) for a brand new PS5 Blu-Ray Edition from someone who didn't know how to use discs with the system and said the "drive didn't read".  I did my research and they were wrong and I think they used it as an excuse to make a return and I managed to get this through the retailer.

I have set this up, loaded and played Astro Boy from DLC and Sonic Frontiers from disc.  Both games, and the controller work 100% fine.  I wiped the unit so now it's otherwise 100% new and comes with everything but the box.  It has cables, the one controller, and the two manuals and the PS5 stand.

To be clear, what this bundle is for is:

• Sony PlayStation 5 -Blu-Ray Edition
  • Sonic Frontiers - Opened
  • Spiderman: Miles Morales - SEALED

Asking $375 for the lot.  I bought this as a small part of a LARGE lot of almost 100 new, modern titles that are almost all entirely sealed.  I'll be posting more photos later, but I'd like to use this PS5 to recoup much of the costs.

That said, as a deal for VGSers, if someone wants to make an offer, feel free.  I can let this go for a good price if anyone's interested.  If I don't get any takers in the next couple of days, it's going to eBay.  Also, I'll add photos of the games and add them to this post at some point.  Overwhelmingly, most are Switch titles, but I probably have about 10/15 other X-Box Series X, X-Box One, PS4 and PS5 titles.  Some of them Triple-A's, so check back on that too.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to FO: Brand New PS5 Blu-Ray Edition w/ Spider Man: Miles Morales & Sonic Frontiers , PS4/5 and XB Games
  • The title was changed to FS/FO: Brand New PS5 Blu-Ray Edition w/ Spider Man: Miles Morales & Sonic Frontiers ($375), PS4/5 and XB Games
Posted
Posted (edited)

Possible, final bump.  I'll be listing this unit on eBay tomorrow, to be scheduled for Sunday evening.  Will likely be a $1 auction cause that's how I roll.

Full discloser--the kids begged to give it a try.  Sigh... I walked through the setup process, again, and installed Sonic Frontiers.  They played it for about an hour. I also _think_ I figured out what the disc problem was--the person might have put the disc in upside down!  Why is this a problem?  Well, I didn't know which way to orient it this last time and I put it in the wrong way.  However, the PS5 doesn't give you ANY warning that it can't read the disc nor, in 2024, does it have an extra layer or anything it could read that would allow the unit to know it was an upside down disc!  To make matters worse, for a half-second, I thought the drive might have actually been broken because it does spin-up the disc a bit.

So. PSA, if you ever get a new PS5 and it seems like it won't read the disc, eject it and flip it over.  It might just be gaslighting you!

Edited by RH
  • Haha 1

I was pretty tempted to make an offer, but I just don't see myself getting a PS5 any time soon.  There just isn't anything I'm really interested in playing that I can't play on hardware I already own.  However, I am interested in seeing what PS4 and Switch games you plan on selling, so looking forward to seeing that list.

Good luck with the auction.