IGNORED

Beat Every TurboGrafx-CD Game - 34/47

Finally beat Monster Lair after working on it for the past several days. Definitely a tough game. Like most Wonder Boy games it had a bunch of parts that just kill you the first time you reach them until you know to work around them. There is also a bit of luck involved with the power ups that drop since some are almost necessary in certain situations so if you don't get a good drop you'll likely have to take a death. Same with the bosses, most are pretty easy with the right power up so if you arrive without a good power up they can be quite challenging in some cases. 

Monster Lair - Ending.PNG

Monster Lair - Score.PNG

• Wow! 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every TurboGrafx-CD Game - 27/47

Been working of Forgotten Worlds for the last 2 days. Most of the game isn't much trouble, it's just the final boss who's a huge pain. Lots of runs stopped at that fight before I got a good one. Decent game though with a good variety of power ups to play around with. Pretty easy (other than that final boss fight) after a couple attempts once you start to build up your character. 

Forgotten Worlds - Ending.PNG

Forgotten Worlds - high Score.PNG

• The title was changed to Beat Every TurboGrafx-CD Game - 29/47

Beat both Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 this morning. We own a Pen & Paper version of all of the mysteries on both of these games. It was weird to go back to a really clunky version of them from this era. The FMV actor's were actually mostly decent though. It was just a real pain to navigate and wait for videos to load. The newpapers were the absolute worst part of the game. 

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Vol 1 - Ending.PNG

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Vol 2 - Ending.PNG

• The title was changed to Beat Every TurboGrafx-CD Game - 30/47

Just beat Lords of Thunder. This is one of my favorite games of all time. Havn't played it in quite a while, but it is EXACTLY as good as I remember it being...amazing. No notes. Probably has my favorite OST ever as well. If you're into shmups and haven't played Lords of Thunder you should check it out. 

Lords of Thunder - Ending.PNG

Worked my way through Beyond Shadowgate today. It was actually decent for a console point & click adventure game from the early 90s. Voice acting was alright too. Started and ended pretty strong, but most of the game in the middle was pretty dull, boring or nonsensical. Lots of silly ways to die like in the first Shadowgate, but definitely lacked the cool atmosphere of the original. 

Beyond Shadowgate - Ending.PNG

• The title was changed to Beat Every TurboGrafx-CD Game - 31/47

Been working on SimEarth A LOT over the past few days. I knew there were credits thanks to @Rishary's channel, but it took me a long time to figure out how to trigger them. It's actually not that hard now that I know what to do, but it took a lot of experimentation to figure it out. At first I was playing through each scenario and I almost finished that, but nothing was triggering credits. Turns out you just have to reach the Migration event off planet, but must be on at least Average difficulty for the credits to trigger. 

This is the most hours I've put into a Sim game in my entire life. Only really dabbled briefly with SimCity as a kid. 

SimEarth - Ending.PNG

• The title was changed to Beat Every TurboGrafx-CD Game - 32/47
  • The title was changed to Beat Every TurboGrafx-CD Game - 34/47

Finished up Dungeon Explorer II today. It was a big improvement from the first game. Really liked it. The soundtrack was AMAZING. If you're in the mood for a Gauntlet/Zelda style game, but just a light version of those that can be beaten in about 4-5 hours this'll scratch that itch. There is also a fair amount of optional dungeons and tons of characters to experiment with and a few secret things too. Good way to spend a Sunday. 

Dungeon Explorer II - Ending.PNG

Edited by Crabmaster2000