IGNORED

Flying Hamburgers (Game Gear WIP)

Gamegearguy

I am making a Game Gear game and I'd like some feedback on how I'm doing.

The game is called Flying Hamburgers and the game play is you control a flying hamburger which has the ability to shoot French fries at other flying junk food. The chocolate milkshakes can shoot onion rings, the pizza slice can shoot pepperoni slices at you, and the taco can shoot nachos at you. The pepperoni and nachos follow your vertical movement, so you may need to dodge their shots. At the end of each level is a giant milkshake that you need to shoot at while avoiding the four onion rings he shoots at you continuously.

I've attached a link to the ROM of the game so far. It starts at level 6, so it's kind of harder than the earlier levels. After you beat level 6, it just goes back to the title screen, but my plan is to have 10 levels. Starting on level 7, the enemy food can move up and down in addition to just straight at you. But I haven't gotten that far yet. Also, the music on level 6 is level 5's music since I haven't composed a song for level 6 yet.

Any suggestions?

http://www.atari2600land.com/gamegear/flyinghamburgers.html

Forgot to mention that the chicken nuggets are extra lives. Bump into them to get an extra life.

Edited by Gamegearguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been busy redoing some stuff with the game. I've been making new backgrounds and longer background songs. Here is a sample of my work so far.

output-26.png.0a870494e10f5c9e877fe7d7b73aab42.png  output-28.png.cd1c20772ce4c6ed43e12f32a820cfe2.png

I'm also going to add more levels and I changed it from a "get to the end"-type game to a "see how many points you can get"-type game.

I changed the underwater scene and removed the fish and shark.

output-29.png.1f0a90cf8f4e75537f07ee3a2ff9622e.png

I also made it so if you shoot an onion ring in the boss levels it actually hits it instead of going right through it. If anyone has any suggestions for the game, please let me know!

• 1 month later...