IGNORED

Nes konami 352026 board repro question.

New gamer

Hello all, 

I have a konami 352026 board which is a tlrom but was wondering about the wiring of it for a repro. I know that boards made by acclaim and other 3rd parties like color dreams don't require any rewiring, but I was not sure about this board in particular as it has Nintendo stamped on it. Please let me know if anyone has used this board for a repro in the past. Thank you

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I know of Konami, the only wiring that you'll need to do is to connect the extra pins.  They usually used the standard pinout on their own boards.  The big problem would be the fact that the 32 pin chip will likely stick out past the edge of the board.  A lot of Konami boards have a vertical PRG, so it wouldn't be a problem, but on this particular board it is oriented normally.  You may have to cut some plastic out of the shell to accommodate that.  

Oh, and a fun side note - the Konami boards only have metal on one side of the pin holes.  This makes it super easy to desolder chips as there is no chance that solder made its way through the hole to the top and stuck there.  The down side to that is that you can only solder wires in on the bottom, so every wire has to come out on the top of the board, but overall I find it much easier to work with Konami boards.