IGNORED

RetroUSB AVS compatibility with Famicom extension port peripherals

Ghegs

Not sure if this is the correct section, please move if needed.

Bit of a long shot, but does anybody know if the RetroUSB AVS is compatible with the Turbo File / Turbo File II? I bought the Turbo File II a little while ago, but turns out it doesn't work on my Analogue NT Mini. It does work with my AV Famicom however, so the the device itself is fine.

• Like 1

I can't speak to that specific peripheral, but many folks have happily reported the expansion port on the AVS working with everything they've thrown at it, and the website itself claims "all devices, all regions," so I'd wager the answer is most likely "yes."  In doing some quick reading about that specific device, it appears that it's only supposed to work with certain games, so make sure those are the ones you're using with your NT Mini (probably doesn't need to be said, but did so anyway, just in case).

Yep, it was tested with JPN version of Wizardry. Saves and loads just fine on the AV Famicom, just says "Turbo File not connected" on the NT Mini.

It is still something of an obscure peripheral, with most of the supported games being of very little interest to anyone outside Japan, so I'm hesitant to take it for granted that it would work on the AVS. I thought it'd work on the NT Mini, but alas.

6 hours ago, Ghegs said:

It is still something of an obscure peripheral, with most of the supported games being of very little interest to anyone outside Japan, so I'm hesitant to take it for granted that it would work on the AVS. I thought it'd work on the NT Mini, but alas.

I totally understand.  If you don't know somebody who has one or are near anybody who has one who'd be willing to meet up and help you check, I'd try reaching out to bunnyboy directly via the retroUSB website and seeing if he might have the answer for you.  I know he did a ton of various testing before the thing launched, then quickly fixed anything that wasn't 100% right after launch, so chances are even if he can't answer you directly, he'll know someone who can.