IGNORED

Dragon View SNES Super Nintendo Revised Board Bug Fix? Anyone else still have one too or remember this from Nintendoage?

Right around the time Nintendoage died, Kemco liquidated all of their old stock of SNES games through Seattle Goodwill on Ebay.

There were nothing but mint factory sealed games and maybe 10 unused but not factory sealed copies of Dragon View which I thought was kind of strange. A member who won a copy started a topic about the weird prototype looking board after they noticed how heavy the cartridge was. I guessed all of the Goodwill Dragon View copies would be like this and the auctions were still happening, so I put in a big bid to investigate and ended up winning the last copy for really cheap lol

When it came in the mail, I could tell right away the cartridge was a lot heavier than a normal copy too and was the same board from the NA topic when I opened it.
Those 2 brothers who claimed they found the brown power Fentanyl or whatever it was in an NES game guessed it might have been a revision for a known game ending glitch that made the game unplayable towards the end and Kemco might have been sending out replacement copies to people that complained directly to them, but I've never seen any evidence of that happening. I think their NA names were something like Crzoe and Ichisan? 

I don't play RPGs or dump games so I'll never play it and figured I would revive this from the dead and maybe someone else might have new ideas or information or just enjoy the oddity too! 🙂

IMG_6151.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Uh oh.. Those are erasable chips there. They would be susceptible to bit rot.

I think Limited Run or retrobit did a reprint of this game. I wonder if the reprint is the same data as this version or if this one is unique. May want to make a copy of this game for preservation 

Yeah I know and I think that sleazy Piko bought the rights to this and a bunch of Kemco games and I really hope he just reprinted the broken game without fixing the glitches everyone complained about for years lol
That's why I started this thread and was mostly just curious if anyone else knew about this and dumped this version to compare them. Yes I have prototypes and stuff like Test Carts and the MACS carts and I know about the chips and like I said there are other copies out there and I don't dump games