IGNORED

FBA Scam? 3rd Party Seller Fulfilled by Amazon

monsterG

Someone fill me in on the scam going on here.

-I bought a high dollar game on Amazon at well under market

-Sold by 3rd party seller, but shipped from Amazon warehouse (FBA)

-I've seen this seller on Amazon. Normally they handle shipping from their location.

-Received game, opened it, and was surprised that its board was completely different and strangely sabotaged (ROM was ripped off).

-Applied for return and was instantly granted one as is the case with any item shipped from Amazon (minus food and personal use items). I didn't have to wait for seller approval. I chose "sent the wrong item."

Does the seller get reimbursed / keep their money for all returns on items FBA? I've seen feedback for sellers crossed-out / removed--legitimate negative feedback--with additional text underneath, stating the item was FBA. The feedback thing is definitely a loophole and doesn't hurt Amazon nor the seller (buyer can choose to buy elsewhere though). I'm suspicious of the return FBA thing being a loophole too.

My suspicions are:
-Seller (sosa) bought a bad game in a lot

-Determined that the game was bad

-Sent game to Amazon's "experts" who give the check that the seller is selling an authentic item (similar to those GameStop "experts" did for their site a several years back)

-Buyer purchases bad merch and get refunded immediately

-Seller makes profit off bad merch when Amazon lets them keep money from sale.
I'm not familiar at all with selling on Amazon, so this is the loophole I suspect is in returns.

I don't care if they are the "bad guy" or the "big guy." The more people say it's OK to screw over Amazon or some seller because they screwed over someone in the past, the more this behavior seems excusable / allowable. If people want to be treated right, they have to consistently follow the rules and be responsible. It's why people expect stop lights to regulate traffic.

Yes, I also noticed the label is not authentic. It's color-faded, but the real giveaway is the thick text used for the product code the bottom left.

https://i.postimg.cc/jSTYL5kJ/azPocky.jpg
Edited by monsterG

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic