IGNORED

Nintendo Power Game Counselors Earthbound Book and Game

8bithustler

Those of you from NA may remember I posted this beauty up for some background or something honestly about this thing.

We have in our collection a Earthbound guide and game that have the Nintendo Power Counselor hotline sticker that they probably used to check out the book and game. Pictures are posted, and I've asked wata about any information they may have had on it, google etc. because I am a huge fan but really curious on rarity worth etc.

Long story short on the history: wife finds this in a place out here called bobakun. She buys it knowing I love Earthbound. Doesn't realize significance of item until I point out the sticker on the book.

PXL_20220205_062711404.jpg

PXL_20220205_062704388.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, 8bithustler said:

Those of you from NA may remember I posted this beauty up for some background or something honestly about this thing.

We have in our collection a Earthbound guide and game that have the Nintendo Power Counselor hotline sticker that they probably used to check out the book and game. Pictures are posted, and I've asked wata about any information they may have had on it, google etc. because I am a huge fan but really curious on rarity worth etc.

Long story short on the history: wife finds this in a place out here called bobakun. She buys it knowing I love Earthbound. Doesn't realize significance of item until I point out the sticker on the book.

PXL_20220205_062711404.jpg

PXL_20220205_062704388.jpg

PXL_20220205_062659272.jpg

• Like 1

The old Nintendo employee copies are definitely not coming up as frequently as they may have used to.  I'd say as a rarity factor, this one is definitely way up there.  For a value standpoint, I'd estimate roughly 1.5 - 3x the value of the typical pieces.  Something like this is sought after by people such as myself (really just the book for me) but there are a few collectors who have a solid collection of former Nintendo employee copies that would probably go after this if at auction.  I think that the following for this game in particular could essentially raise your price pretty well given it is a unique version of a popular title.  

I believe the story goes that NoA had employee store where they could rent out games and play them.  This would be an example of such a game and book.  There is another version that were sent out as promotional copies and denoted by the clear sticker and text reading "NINTENDO PROMOTIONAL OFFER" Not For Resale (yellow text). 

The game counselors had a bin of current magazine issues they would take (including NP guides) but typically those are marked by a Desk #xxx or just a number as shown here: 

Nintendo Power Issue #1 - Game Counselor Copy

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 7:54 AM, acidjaguar said:

The old Nintendo employee copies are definitely not coming up as frequently as they may have used to.  I'd say as a rarity factor, this one is definitely way up there.  For a value standpoint, I'd estimate roughly 1.5 - 3x the value of the typical pieces.  Something like this is sought after by people such as myself (really just the book for me) but there are a few collectors who have a solid collection of former Nintendo employee copies that would probably go after this if at auction.  I think that the following for this game in particular could essentially raise your price pretty well given it is a unique version of a popular title.  

I believe the story goes that NoA had employee store where they could rent out games and play them.  This would be an example of such a game and book.  There is another version that were sent out as promotional copies and denoted by the clear sticker and text reading "NINTENDO PROMOTIONAL OFFER" Not For Resale (yellow text). 

The game counselors had a bin of current magazine issues they would take (including NP guides) but typically those are marked by a Desk #xxx or just a number as shown here:

IMG_6829.JPG.c068dda7d41fcb07657db49d65919d53.JPGIMG_6830.JPG.ea28dcde03c63f371533011a09e22777.JPG

Edited by Nintendopower4ever
  • Like 1
  • Love 2