IGNORED

Certified Link Thread

9 hours ago, guillavoie said:

spacer.png

CLU CLU LAND, MATTE STICKER SEAL TEST MARKET, HANGTAB (NES) WATA 5.0

That one is kinda tempting, I mean, there's a tear on the box, but it's barely noticeable.

A small number of stickers have those from when people ripped the sticker off lol. Must have caught part of the box and continued to rip. 🤣

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, ExplodedHamster said:

A small number of stickers have those from when people ripped the sticker off lol. Must have caught part of the box and continued to rip. 🤣

Geez, you think you'd stop when the tear reached, say, an inch or so?... Or at the most when it got halfway down you'd be like, hold on... NOPE! Just tear that shit all the way down, fuck it I got Clu Clu land to play damnit! 🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, jonebone said:

That's what that * means?  Holy smokes.  Maybe someone fat fingered and extra 0.  

If someone is turning down an offer of $4900 to sell their Bubble Bobble in that grade, I really am at a loss for words. 

I sold a Bubble Bobble same grade for $4,000 this Summer. They were going for $1500 before the boom early in the year, doesn’t seem all that unrealistic an ask at this point. That 9.8 probably clears 10k on HA. 

Guess it depends on how you value 9.4 versus 9.8.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

I sold a Bubble Bobble same grade for $4,000 this Summer. They were going for $1500 before the boom early in the year, doesn’t seem all that unrealistic an ask at this point. That 9.8 probably clears 10k on HA. 

Guess it depends on how you value 9.4 versus 9.8.

I've had some high sales this year too that I would never expect to repeat.

Put another way, do you want to be buying a mid 9 Bubble Bobble at above 4k? At fair prices you should have no preference one way or other. At high prices you'd rather be seller, at low prices you'd rather be buyer.

At above 3k I'd rather be the seller 100 times out of 100 on a mid 9 Bubble Bobble. It wont last.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

I wonder what happened with the 22k matte 6.0 in the last auction (22k) versus this auction (3.9k) lol.   

If that’s the same copy they took an 80% bath.    Market came down to reality on that fast.    

Cibs on those titles have always been plentiful 

I don't really like to laugh at anyone losing significant money.  But yes, all of the stickers to the moon crowd should get a nice reality check after this round of results.

To be fair it was not the same copy and the box was beat on that.  The other 6.0 had a nicer box and box is essentially 95% of the value here.  This 6.0 had a poor box with nicer insides to boost score.  It displays the inherent problem with CIB grading on outliers like this where really all you care about is box.  With a sealed game a 6.0 is a 6.0, perhaps wear in various spots but similar amounts of wear.  On a CIB game two 6.0 games could be entirely different, as the case here.

IMHO, I was shocked the first sticker sale ever cleared $10k and then the $22k result was just stupidly absurd.  I still thought the poor Mario would clear $5k based on the prior hype but $3900 is where it is.  I personally would peg that one closer to $2.5-$3.5k at the moment, $3.9 seems like slight overpay but steep discount to prior sale as noted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

I wonder what happened with the 22k matte 6.0 in the last auction (22k) versus this auction (3.9k) lol.   

If that’s the same copy they took an 80% bath.    Market came down to reality on that fast.    

I had a bid in on it but got knocked out earlier in the day. They have the $22k copy in the banner on their website and this one looked a little rougher, but I wasn't going to bid more than I felt comfortable with and risk having it resell at $500 or something which would be my luck.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

I compared the copies. Not the same copy. Although same 6.0 grade.