IGNORED

What is your current goal or focus?

Strange

17 minutes ago, ViKiNg said:

My goal is Genesis full set, but i'm not sure i'll reach it. 😂

I also trying to compleat a small sealed Game Gear set from my childhood and buy all NES games i played as a child.

And of course just enjoy collecting 😁

Seems as though Genesis games have been steadily getting pricier. You ok with carts or only CIB?

10 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

Seems as though Genesis games have been steadily getting pricier. You ok with carts or only CIB?

Yes, prices of some games has gone up in recent years. But it's still not very pricey platform to collect.

I trying to buy 100% CIB games with all papers, cards, posters and so on. Sometimes i buy sealed copies if i find cheap copy.

I mostly collect stuff I will play, I'm wanting to pick up a Sega Saturn and a Turbografx or PC engine. Otherwise just working on my nes set minus stadium events and odds and ends for other consoles like the SNES, Gameboy, GBA, Gamecube... ohh and the switch, the backlog for that thing actually gives me anxiety and I get confused when I try and decide what to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, so many people saying Genesis. It's such an annoying set to collect for, with CIB rising and loose carts dropping. Y'all making it harder on me.

I'm finishing up Saturn and Dreamcast right now, before I tackle that giant Genesis CIB nightmare. Only 28 left to go on Saturn, 45 on Dreamcast.

I'm going for all the launch titles for every system I own. So far I'm there with Sega Master System, Genesis, SNES, GameBoy, and just about there with NES (damn you Stack Up...although I do have the Famicom version). 

I also want to get every game featuring Mario for the NES. I'm only missing Mario is Missing (ironically) and Mario's Time Machine.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:16 PM, DarkKobold said:

Ugh, so many people saying Genesis. It's such an annoying set to collect for, with CIB rising and loose carts dropping. Y'all making it harder on me.

Sorry, I’m one of those people. Been chipping away at the Genesis black grid set.

Mostly, I'm focused on trying to keep up with limited releases of games I want. Other than that, it's Pokemon stuff. I have a few more games I want CIB, lots of cards I still need, and plenty of unique merch I'm interested in. 

At this point, it's been something I've enjoyed for over 20 years. I don't think my enjoyment for it is going away, so I might as well go all in.

1 hour ago, Philosoraptor said:

Mostly, I'm focused on trying to keep up with limited releases of games I want. Other than that, it's Pokemon stuff. I have a few more games I want CIB, lots of cards I still need, and plenty of unique merch I'm interested in. 

At this point, it's been something I've enjoyed for over 20 years. I don't think my enjoyment for it is going away, so I might as well go all in.

I’m a long time Pokémon fan and I’ve considered getting into purely the collecting side of Pokémon cards (as if I need a new hobby to collect for) but I don’t know anything about that whole scene.

I had been focused on the Switch for the past two years but have honestly been getting burned out on it, mainly after I somehow missed Ms. Splosion Man on LRG, just totally slipped my mind and when I remembered it was too late. Don't really feel like going to ebay for it. So that broke the addiction so to speak. Now I think I may re-focus on some pre-NES stuff or maybe pickup the last Songbird Titles for the Jaguar I need.

After downsizing to a small NYC apartment, my focus is curating my own perfect tiny collection consisting of a mix of nostalgia, new title discoveries, NES home brews, and Everdrives. Right now I’m at roughly 30 titles and I just have a few more I’d like to pick up someday before I’m fairly content.

• 3 months later...

I’m always working on full sets. The main/favorite one I’m working on at the moment is Mattel Aquarius. I already have a full US set, but I’m working on worldwide as well. I just picked up a copy of Melody Chase CIB, so that brings me to 4 more carts for the full set (extended basic, space speller, chess, and zero-in). I’m also casually working on Tapwave Zodiac. Now, for the systems that may be considered a little more well known, I’m working on a full Odyssey 2 set as well, which I hope to have done by the end of 2020, which I’m thinking is very reasonable as long as a Power Lords comes up for sale. The only other set I’m working on currently other than that is CIB US Game Gear. I’m taking my time with that one though, trying to get the really expensive titles like Mega Man and Rise Of The Robots done first before commons. That probably won’t be done for a few more years. Oh, it’s also worth mentioning I only collect CIB.

• Like 1