IGNORED

What is your current goal or focus?

Strange

My “focus” is SNES/Genesis and down, with a bit of PS1/N64 collecting too. I’m always looking to add Atari, NES, SNES, and Sega stuff I’m interested in, but that’s on a broader scale.

Right now: I just got a ColecoVision so I’m putting more effort into looking for those games at the moment to build my library. It’s such an interesting console to me, like a short bridge between Atari and NES. It’s got some MSX and Famicom titles on it like Antarctic Adventure, and some really early Sega stuff like Girl’s Garden (homebrew). The Cabbage Patch kids game is a Coleco-branded reskin of an earlier platforming game that I can’t recall the name of right now (they owned Cabbage Patch kids).

What about you?

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 1

Nintendo NFR complete for all consoles, which is really a never ending goal since it will takes many years to complete.

Goal is also to reach 250 Nintendo Switch games in any region.

Later down the line: Complete CIB N64 set all in excellent shape. (Don't care for sealed, just CIB)

• Like 2

N64 boxed, going for us full set(fingers crossed) and jpn exclusives.

Original Xbox, going for full set of cib us games

Gamecube, cib any north american games that look cool but not on Xbox and all jpn exclusives I can muster

Everything else, just stuff that looks cool (rpgs, shmups, point and click text adventures, whatever I'm feelin)

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

I've got a small handful of SNES carts and Genesis manuals I need, but nothing expensive except for Hagane. Poking at getting/upgrading CIB favorites I still don't have in nice shape. Trying to totally square away all my current collections so I'm happy with them before I get started on anything new.

Right now, I'm on a Switch and Switch Steelbook chase.  I need five of them to have every one released so far.  My REAL goal is to re-configure my game room to make room for all of this stuff.  I though I had that problems solved, then filled two shelving units with games in less than a year.  My wife hates me right now.  LOL!

I’m trying to complete the Brazilian GBA CIB set. I’m missing two games. Hopefully they will appear someday soon. I would also like to upgrade my Super Mario Advance 2 box.

Besides that, I’m on a SNES kick lately. I’m buying a few CIB games that I don’t think are very expensive. I managed to find some good deals on ebay specially when I compare the prices to the ones people ask here in Brazil. A US$25 game in the US can  reach almost US$60 here.

• Like 1

Oh man.  In a dream world I’m collecting the vast majority of things from NES to PS3/360.

right now I’m focused primarily on the Wii and dabbling in a couple of smaller library systems.  I’ve managed to complete a Wii U set and am surprisingly over 25% of the way done with the Wii set.

Graphics Team · Posted
6 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Right now: I just got a ColecoVision so I’m putting more effort into looking for those games at the moment to build my library. It’s such an interesting console to me, like a short bridge between Atari and NES.

Keep us updated on that ColecoVision collection - that console always seemed interesting, and I'd love to learn more about it.

-CasualCart

6 hours ago, The Strangest said:

My “focus” is SNES/Genesis and down, with a bit of PS1/N64 collecting too. I’m always looking to add Atari, NES, SNES, and Sega stuff I’m interested in, but that’s on a broader scale.

Right now: I just got a ColecoVision so I’m putting more effort into looking for those games at the moment to build my library. It’s such an interesting console to me, like a short bridge between Atari and NES. It’s got some MSX and Famicom titles on it like Antarctic Adventure, and some really early Sega stuff like Girl’s Garden (homebrew). The Cabbage Patch kids game is a Coleco-branded reskin of an earlier platforming game that I can’t recall the name of right now (they owned Cabbage Patch kids).

What about you?

I've got several ColecoVision dupes if you are interested in a trade!

A complete MINT set of US GBA releases. This includes Games, GBA Video and eReader. I understand this goal is not a short term goal, and may take longer than a lifetime, and I will need to be patient, and plan to start with whatever condition I can get (hoping to at least start with nice CIB copies except maybe the rare stuff), and will continually do condition upgrades over time. I'm putting it out there, in case anyone has GBA games they need to get rid of, and wants to help me out. 🙂(As far as I know only DreamTR has a boxed GBA set. If anyone has done this before,  I'd love from hear from you.)

In parallel I am hoping to complete a US GBA NFR set as well.

I have other collecting goals, but they aren't my focus right now.

• Like 2

Kinda focusing on series right now, and have been the past year or so. 

Funds are a bit tight because uni expenses come first, but I'm really enjoying collecting Sonic, Simpsons, Mario and Crash games. (Original I know). It's really enjoyable to casually buy something in those series I've not got yet to play and most of the time finish. 

For some reason golf games are a guilty pleasure, don't ask me why I don't know. I'm going after all the golf games for each system I own, while focusing on PS1 right now. I have 4 left to get, then one needs a manual. After that I'll move onto the PS2 ones and add the occasional one where I see the opportunity. No real rush. 

• Like 1

My focus through August had been Virtual Boy, but with the US game set fully locked down and most the paper side along with other tidbits, it's a passive grab now.

Honestly, maybe not the most normal thing for a kind of collectors focused site, but my goal is to have no goal, at least with actual growth.  My goal if there is one, shrinkage, and I mean of the inventory of things I have, not just games, but also a few other odds and ends too such as some of my vintage toy collection.

I kind of broke that finding a stupid cheap PSP and DS deal within weeks of each of them at the start of summer but I didn't go crazy at least.  The DS I'd keep as my kid has one too, but I could see just being sad about it briefly and dumping PSP again.  I got rid of the PS4 because the unique library was garbage so it was a space waster and the rest Steam/GoG covers.  I've mostly repressed my buying of Switch titles as I've got backlog making me uncomfortable with it and beyond, enough that I've been dumping games I couldn't get time for on that system and others.  I've totally removed Sega ownership outside of a closed handheld SMS/GG device and nothing with the Wii namesake is welcome in these walls, at all, so that's out too.

So right now, selling off games (and some antiques/toys) I have no use for anymore or trading into something I could use.  Trying to keep up with playing more, it's a motivation and time issue.  And also as I can get them, repairing/refurbishing handhelds (and virtual boys) to either keep or sell so I can get things I could use/actually need.  That's about it.  If I buy now from previous eras it's strictly to play, or to sell so I can get something to play.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Keep us updated on that ColecoVision collection - that console always seemed interesting, and I'd love to learn more about it.

-CasualCart

Right now my favorite games I’ve got for it are Time Pilot - an early shooter from Konami and Venture, an arcade action game where you enter different rooms and fight monsters. The Atari 2600 got a version of Venture but it’s more limited. This was done on purpose by Coleco to make their version (and console) look better. Even though Atari, Coleco, and Mattel were competitors, they still ported games to their competitors’ systems.

20 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

I've got several ColecoVision dupes if you are interested in a trade!

Potentially, depending on what you’re looking for. We can talk over PM!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hyrulevyse said:

Trying to Magically Chase down the last turbografx game I need.  But since that could take awhile and I'm almost done with my Genesis black box subset, I think I'm going to do Dreamcast next.

There are 4 copies of Magical Chase on Ebay and zero Grooveriders for Gamecube. You Turbo people need to understand TRUE rarity.

4 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Right now my favorite games I’ve got for it are Time Pilot - an early shooter from Konami and Venture, an arcade action game where you enter different rooms and fight monsters. The Atari 2600 got a version of Venture but it’s more limited. This was done on purpose by Coleco to make their version (and console) look better. Even though Atari, Coleco, and Mattel were competitors, they still ported games to their competitors’ systems.

Potentially, depending on what you’re looking for. We can talk over PM!

PM sent!

BTW, my favorite game is Venture, too! Played that game to death when I was a kid.

Edited by Fleck586

NES/SNES/N64 full sets. CIB and loose with manual.

Trying to get the N64 complete first since I love that system so much. I'll probably have it complete with a mix of loose+manuals and CIB. And then finish off the next set however I need to (just CIB or not.). I've frankensteined some CIBs before...get the boxes loose from one yard sale, games from another and manuals from another...doesn't happen often but it has happened a few times. I still have some empty boxes...though I think those are for NES games...