IGNORED

Is there a way to delete attachments?

Bearcat-Doug

Administrator · Posted

I don't know if there is a way to delete them from there - but you can click on the link for the thread and edit your post where you added the attachment, and delete the image / delete the attachment at the bottom.   This would of course delete it from the thread and not just "my attachments."

17 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I don't know if there is a way to delete them from there - but you can click on the link for the thread and edit your post where you added the attachment, and delete the image / delete the attachment at the bottom.   This would of course delete it from the thread and not just "my attachments."

I don't have to worry about coming anywhere near my attachment limit yet, but thats what prompted me to ask the question. Even after it's removed from the message/thread it looks like once you add an attachment to a post or PM, there's currently no way to permanently delete it from "my attachments" unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

11 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Ahh, I see what you mean.  I don't see a way to delete as is - but I'll look into this.

Thanks!

I didn't want to start another thread, but while I was looking into different ways to clear messages and attachments I apparently disabled my messenger completely and I can't find any options in the settings to turn it back on. 

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I didn't want to start another thread, but while I was looking into different ways to clear messages and attachments I apparently disabled my messenger completely and I can't find any options in the settings to turn it back on. 

I've reached out to get this fixed for you.  

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Oh lol. I just hopped on and sent a test. Looks to be working so I guess that's cuz you fixed it. 😛

I was on your profile page trying to see if I could send a message that way and I guess it was right when you were sending the test message and I clicked the link that says "currently using personal messenger" and it gave me the option to enable it and I was able to turn it back on.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

I think the attachment I uploaded here earlier is gone now. Hard to tell with the long generated file names but I have no orphaned attachment. Maybe it just takes time to get cleared. 

Testing again ... 

Yes, it does work. Attachment I had in this reply is no longer in my account.

Edited by Link

Administrator · Posted

I'm gonna be honest guys, it's probably not worth bothering. 

I don't want you all worrying about this, it's a pain. Golly I'd hate having to delete attachments and worrying about filling up space as a user. I'm more than likely to just make it unlimited, and move everything into an S3 bucket. It'll cost some more money in the long run, but it shouldn't get crazy or anything. 

For now don't worry about filling it u' too much, and if you do, message me and I'll give you more space. I'd like to see if/when someone reaches the cap, check costs, and then go from there. 

Basically though if we come across anything that makes us go "man that would suck, having to deal with that" it jumps to the top of our radar and we'll do our best to sort it out so the user experience is the best it can be! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...