IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

2 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

I need this from you and that all silver California Games poster you have 😀

It took way too long to find my N7 CIB, and it’s only in OK condition, so it isn’t valuable either.

My California Games poster is something I’d gladly trade away if I get a second copy one day.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Whoops! Must've been in a fever dream when I did that. Thanks!

Any chance you'd share some high resolution pics of the box with us? Even just privately for my upcoming box variant thread would be much appreciated!

Sure thing. Check back in a few hours...I’ll PDF the manual, scan the box flattened front and back, and take photos of the cart and board.

I also need to upload photos of the Mouse Trap Hotel cartridge board I have.

• Thanks 4

Just realized there's no need to open a sealed copy of this game to find out if it's an N7 or a BK-1!!!

The back of the box on the N7 says "Roster of Over 320 Real Players", While the box of the BK and BK-1 says "Full Roster of 324 Players"

Hooray for sealed collectors around the world! No need to worry if your copy is speculatively rare or not 🙂

Edit:

...also, the flap date code on this game is 30827. August 27, 1993.

The cart chips are 9338 (Week 38 of 1993) for the CHR and 9337 (Week 37 of 1993) for the PRG. So from early to mid September of 1993.

Michael Jordan announced his retirement on October 6, 1993 because of his father's murder on July 23, 1993...there's a conspiracy that Michael retired by force, and the dates are really, really interesting on this game.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Just realized there's no need to open a sealed copy of this game to find out if it's an N7 or a BK-1!!!

The back of the box on the N7 says "Roster of Over 320 Real Players", While the box of the BK and BK-1 says "Full Roster of 324 Players"

Hooray for sealed collectors around the world! No need to worry if your copy is speculatively rare or not 🙂

Edit:

...also, the flap date code on this game is 30827. August 27, 1993.

The cart chips are 9338 (Week 38 of 1993) for the CHR and 9337 (Week 37 of 1993) for the PRG. So from early to mid September of 1993.

Michael Jordan announced his retirement on October 6, 1993 because of his father's murder on July 23, 1993...there's a conspiracy that Michael retired by force, and the dates are really, really interesting on this game.

You are the man! That's exactly the kind of little detail I was expecting to be different on the N7 box. Thank you!

• Like 1

Here it is in black and white.

From left to right we have -BK, -BK-1, and -N7. I will bold the changes as they progress in the series.

-BK has a transparent "Official Licensed NBA Product" logo on the front, and no sticker. It has "Full Roster of 324 Players" on the back of the box.

-BK-1 has a white "Official Licensed NBA Product" logo on the front, with a holofoil sticker. It has "Full Roster of 324 Players" on the back of the box.

-N7 has a white "Official Licensed NBA Product" logo on the front with a holofoil sticker. It has "Roster of over 320 Real Players" on the back of the box.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hybrid said:

Besides Jordan who got cut?

26 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Seems to be just Jordan. 323 players is technically “over 320” real players.

please don’t make me check...I’m gonna have to check now. Damn it.

Based on the NA posts, it was just Jordan. But who knows if someone actually checked the entire roster of every team.

Double Dare (Oval Seal TM)

Game Cartridge (NES-2D-USA)
Instruction Manual (NES-2D-USA*)
Gametek Poster (GAM-NES-US-2)
Gametek Registration Card (GAM-NES-US)
Nintendo Power Advertisement (PMG-DD-USA)
Smooth Black Sleeve
Box (NES-2D-USA) 00409

Unboxing video for those curious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qtj1UsBA-A

• Like 3

Crystalis (Oval Seal)

Box: NES-GO USA

Cart: NES-GO-USA

Manual: NES-GO-USA ☆

Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-USA

Smooth Black Dust Cover

*Note* Styrofoam block is thinner than normal NES blocks to accommodate manual and has a blue tinge to it. Manual was placed in back of cart.

Spoiler

49779397386_523baabc18_c.jpg

49779728912_b171b483a3_c.jpg

49779397286_a18d505bce_c.jpg

49779397221_96187bb72a_c.jpg

49779728767_6ae13d695b_c.jpg

49779728682_e26e8cab37_c.jpg

49779728567_c7188ddbf1_c.jpg

49779728532_351ba85a3b_c.jpg

49778864903_ea3d678961_c.jpg

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, austin532 said:

So the manual is in front of the cart? I always thought it went in the back over the plastic bag.

When I pulled the plastic to get the cart out, only the Nintendo Power advert came out with it. I started thinking "where's the manual?" I then pulled the manual out from the front side of the box.

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

When I pulled the plastic to get the cart out, only the Nintendo Power advert came out with it. I started thinking "where's the manual?" I then pulled the manual out from the front side of the box.

Wouldn't that mean that it's likely that many manuals would likely be slightly damaged as soon as they are open? I know that when I pack CIB items, I put manuals toward the back because otherwise the inner flap might bend or crumble the manual cover and/or first few pages.  We collectors care about these things, but factory workers wouldn't pay much mind.

Edited by RH

26 minutes ago, RH said:

Wouldn't that mean that it's likely that many manuals would likely be slightly damaged as soon as they are open? I know that when I pack CIB items, I put manuals toward the back because otherwise the inner flap might bend or crumble the flap.  We collectors care about these things, but factory workers wouldn't pay much mind.

That's what I would of thought too. Perhaps the manual slid to the front when I pulled the cart and advert out. When I put everything back, I  put the manual in the back of the box.

Having the manual in front makes no sense do to the high risk of it getting damaged. I know the workers getting paid minimum rage probably didn't care if it did but still...

This is how I assume it always went. The manual behind the game and styrofoam.

DSC_4464.jpg

DSC_4467.jpg

Edited by austin532
  • Like 1