IGNORED

NES Sealed Game Contents

2 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Are you talking about ASM-W1-US Boomers adventure in Asmik World with a Gameboy logo on the poster? I believe this was in later print copies 

Thats the one.

I rarely see it popup in complete copies, so the later run must be somewhat hard to find.

• Like 1

I'm working on an update.  Two issues:

DoctorEncore: your Gauntlet II entry says the NP insert is OMG-USA.  Of course that's supposed to be PMG-USA, I assume?

Trifecta: Regarding Top Players' Tennis, can you confirm that the 4 Player sticker is on the plastic wrap and not slapped onto the box itself?  Based on your photos I'm noting that it's on the plastic wrap, but let me know if that's wrong...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

DoctorEncore: your Gauntlet II entry says the NP insert is OMG-USA.  Of course that's supposed to be PMG-USA, I assume?

Trifecta: Regarding Top Players' Tennis, can you confirm that the 4 Player sticker is on the plastic wrap and not slapped onto the box itself?  Based on your photos I'm noting that it's on the plastic wrap, but let me know if that's wrong...

Alas, it is PMG.

52 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Where is his Gauntlet II entry? I missed that one.

57 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Where is his Gauntlet II entry? I missed that one.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:42 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Gauntlet II (Oval Seal)

• Box: NES-2U-USA - 00824
  • Cart: NES-2U-USA
  • Manual: NES-2U-USA (T) - 00827
  • Mindscape Advert: MIN-NES-US
  • 4-Player Advert: 4PL-NES-US
  • Nintendo Power Advert: PMG-USA
  Reveal hidden contents

On 6/1/2020 at 10:53 PM, austin532 said:

That's a 4 player sticker on the shrinkwrap but I'll let Trifecta chime in. Strange how some games have these even though there is already a 4 player logo on the box.

What's strange to me is the cross-publisher advertising of the 4 Player poster.  Normally a publisher would obviously want to only advertise for their own past/present/future games and not point out the existence of any of the games made by the competition, but it looks like the mighty Nintendo had different views, not unlike their insistence on including an NP insert in every licensed game from 1988 onward.

Anyway, the list had been updated with seven new entries, and can be found here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/916386-nes/faqs/49943

Of the two youtube videos, I wasn't able to get a response from the Simon's Quest guy, but since he put every item close to the camera, I was able to download a 1080 version of the video and see every code clearly; so here are the contents for the two titles not listed in this thread:

Air Fortress
     - Cartridge (NES-AI-USA)
     - Box (NES-AI-USA)
     - Manual (NES-AI-USA)
     - Hal Advert/Poster (HAL-NES-US-1)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-VR-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Round Seal Variant)
     - Cartridge (NES-QU-USA)
     - Box (NES-QU-USA)
     - Manual (NES-QU-USA)
     - Konami Advert/Poster (KON-NES-US)
     - Registration Card (KON-NES-US)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-US)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yes, the 4 Player sticker is on the plastic wrap.

@Goodvibes What are the codes on the manual and box for your copy of Top Player Tennis?

Edited by Trifecta

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

What's strange to me is the cross-publisher advertising of the 4 Player poster.  Normally a publisher would obviously want to only advertise for their own past/present/future games and not point out the existence of any of the games made by the competition, but it looks like the mighty Nintendo had different views, not unlike their insistence on including an NP insert in every licensed game from 1988 onward.

Anyway, the list had been updated with seven new entries, and can be found here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/916386-nes/faqs/49943

Of the two youtube videos, I wasn't able to get a response from the Simon's Quest guy, but since he put every item close to the camera, I was able to download a 1080 version of the video and see every code clearly; so here are the contents for the two titles not listed in this thread:

Air Fortress
     - Cartridge (NES-AI-USA)
     - Box (NES-AI-USA)
     - Manual (NES-AI-USA)
     - Hal Advert/Poster (HAL-NES-US-1)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-VR-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
     - Cartridge (NES-QU-USA)
     - Box (NES-QU-USA)
     - Manual (NES-QU-USA)
     - Konami Advert/Poster (KON-NES-US)
     - Registration Card (KON-NES-US)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-US)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Well the NES Four Score and NES Satellite were Nintendo made products so I guess they had the say so to include an advert about all the 4 player games.

Also for the Castlevania II entry, can you specify that it's a round seal version.

Shame we will never know what’s inside that MC Kids VHS bundle on eBay right now.

I was trying to win it for cheap and open it up but it’s nearly $1000 now so even if I still muster up the courage to try and win it I’ll be really hesitant to open it.

4 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Shame we will never know what’s inside that MC Kids VHS bundle on eBay right now.

I was trying to win it for cheap and open it up but it’s nearly $1000 now so even if I still muster up the courage to try and win it I’ll be really hesitant to open it.

Man, don't waste your money opening it. I'm sure it's just the standard game and then a standard VHS taped together.

45 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Man, don't waste your money opening it. I'm sure it's just the standard game and then a standard VHS taped together.

I never knew this variant even existed though! It reminds me of the Golgomania Pack with Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode and a Golgo 13 comic/manga...another rare variant I'm on the hunt for (I used to own a sealed copy too 😓)

DSC_0001.thumb.JPG.d75c6c00bfc0e57a973a455284fffa52.JPG

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I never knew this variant even existed though! It reminds me of the Golgomania Pack with Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode and a Golgo 13 comic/manga...another rare variant I'm on the hunt for (I used to own a sealed copy too 😓)

DSC_0001.thumb.JPG.d75c6c00bfc0e57a973a455284fffa52.JPG

Man, I can't believe I'm still seeing new stuff. NES is the best 

8 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Hmm, I open a sealed M.C. Kids and then someone decides to list this. Coincidence? LOL. I am curious to see if the box is different in any way. Maybe it has a -1 box or maybe there is a blank sticker on the barcode?

Also, @DoctorEncore I do have a sealed Caesar's Palace but I haven't opened it yet.