IGNORED

Collection Pics

doner24

On 10/22/2019 at 11:15 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Ahhh, the Collection Thread. Or as I like to call it, The "See honey, I don't have nearly as much as this guy" Thread. Saving marriages since 2019. 😂🤣

Haha, I also suggest if you want your significant other to feel better about your situation, have them watch the "The Bits of Yesterday" documentary with you.

My wife felt a lot better about the whole situation after that. Did a lot of, "oh I guess you aren't a random crazy person". I also remember her pointing out that Dain looked like the most normal guy ever.

• Haha 2

I love looking at all these pics. You all have some incredible collections. I love anything with the world of nintendo cabinets!

Here is the current state of my collection. Actually I've added about 6 large totes since taking this picture over 1 year ago, but they're all in closets right now... can't wait to own a home and set up a dedicated game room.

20180923_210310.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/24/2019 at 9:29 AM, Futureman said:

Haha, I also suggest if you want your significant other to feel better about your situation, have them watch the "The Bits of Yesterday" documentary with you.

My wife felt a lot better about the whole situation after that. Did a lot of, "oh I guess you aren't a random crazy person". I also remember her pointing out that Dain looked like the most normal guy ever.

My wife cried when she first moved in and realized how much stuff I had. 😭

Now I keep my collection organized and mostly stored away with the exception of the NES wall with custom shelves, which visitors seem to enjoy. She now tolerates the collection and me with little complaint. 🤣😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alder said:

I love looking at all these pics. You all have some incredible collections. I love anything with the world of nintendo cabinets!

Here is the current state of my collection. Actually I've added about 6 large totes since taking this picture over 1 year ago, but they're all in closets right now... can't wait to own a home and set up a dedicated game room.

20180923_210310.jpg

Haha you are not alone

20191029_103556.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, drxandy said:

Haha you are not alone

Nice, lol. I moved everything to my current place using priority mail boxes and decided to invest in totes for better protection and stability. I hate plastic totes with flimsy lids and handles - the ones in my pic are Sterilite modular stackers from Walmart and I really like them. Spent close to $300 on them though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alder said:

Nice, lol. I moved everything to my current place using priority mail boxes and decided to invest in totes for better protection and stability. I hate plastic totes with flimsy lids and handles - the ones in my pic are Sterilite modular stackers from Walmart and I really like them. Spent close to $300 on them though.

Those look nifty. I can't say enough good things about Really Useful Boxes, specifically the 64L and 17L sizes. They don't curve inwards at the bottom, they're sturdy, and they stack to the moon. AFIAK Office Depot is the only major place in the US that has them, and they're pricey as hell, but there's always a 20% off coupon and free shipping at least. Not sure if those modular ones are a newer line, but most plastic totes available at stores in the US are pretty much garbage in my experience.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alder said:

Yeah I can tell, those are really nice and stack together perfectly. The Cadillac of totes hahah.

I had a variety of different sized totes and they were a pain in the ass to get stacked nicely so I switched to the boxes and they're pretty easy to pull out and sort through. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 7:49 PM, DefaultGen said:

Those look nifty. I can't say enough good things about Really Useful Boxes, specifically the 64L and 17L sizes. They don't curve inwards at the bottom, they're sturdy, and they stack to the moon. AFIAK Office Depot is the only major place in the US that has them, and they're pricey as hell, but there's always a 20% off coupon and free shipping at least. Not sure if those modular ones are a newer line, but most plastic totes available at stores in the US are pretty much garbage in my experience.

second on the awesomeness of Really Useful Boxes. They are the best totes I've owned.

• Like 2