IGNORED

What VGSers have you met in person?

captmorgandrinker

9 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I'm going to be in Iowa over the long weekend.  Just south of Des Moines if anyone is in the area and wants to have a beer.  🍻

@Boosted52405 @Sign Collector Guy Where are you guys located? 

Cedar Rapids here, about 2 hours away from DSM.  If you're in DSM hanging out, I'd recommend a Barcade called "Up/Down".  They have lots of arcades/pins/drinks - a few years back they had an N64 with Mariokart on a projector it was a cool place.

11 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Cedar Rapids here, about 2 hours away from DSM.  If you're in DSM hanging out, I'd recommend a Barcade called "Up/Down".  They have lots of arcades/pins/drinks - a few years back they had an N64 with Mariokart on a projector it was a cool place.

I've been to Cedar Rapids! While I was there, I went the The Quarter Barrel. Pretty good food, decent beer, but the games were unfortunately not free to play. (That didn't stop me though). 

3 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

I've been to Cedar Rapids! While I was there, I went the The Quarter Barrel. Pretty good food, decent beer, but the games were unfortunately not free to play. (That didn't stop me though). 

Indeed - a very nice little barcade/brewery!  I had the Pac-Man high score for a while, but have since been annihilated.  Great pizza and food too, I live about 5-10 from there 🙂

2 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Indeed - a very nice little barcade/brewery!  I had the Pac-Man high score for a while, but have since been annihilated.  Great pizza and food too, I live about 5-10 from there 🙂

Yeah, the pizza was very good! And it was very clean. Probably the cleanest barcade I've been to. That's cool! Too bad I don't think I'll be in the area again any time soon, but if that changes, I'll let you know. 😃 

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

@Romiked2689 is the one I've met most.  He's actually been to both my current house and last house.  Delivered a Playchoice-10 to me a couple of winters ago and popped my arcade cherry!  Good dude.

That playchoice was my first also. It was awesome to meet you also. No clue if I ever mentioned but one of our trades lead to my top item so glad our paths crossed! 

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

@Romiked2689 is the one I've met most.  He's actually been to both my current house and last house.  Delivered a Playchoice-10 to me a couple of winters ago and popped my arcade cherry!  Good dude.

That playchoice was my first also. It was awesome to meet you also. No clue if I ever mentioned but one of our trades lead to my top item so glad our paths crossed! 

Events Team · Posted
18 hours ago, ookii_risu said:

I think most of the ones I've met haven't migrated here. @Nightowljrm, @Megamanfan@SoleGoose @K3VBOT etc. etc.

Tonya, all these have joined VGS 👍, SoleGoose is in the Staff (Homebrew) and Nightowl is posting regularly. Andy and Kev have been quiet so far though.

Became good friends with a couple people down in my area from NA @Oishii san & @Penguin.

Also have drank some beers with @diddles_mcbean at Magfest a few years back. Hope to do it again in a few months.

And swapped quick pleasantries with the likes of @K3VBOT, @Ferris Bueller, and @KHAN Games at Magfest various years as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:08 PM, barrels said:

of people that actually signed up so far, likely just @Makar . Buncha slackers need to get on here already, I think my IRL list is up to 6 or so.

Lol for real. Glad to see @Romiked2689 made it over here. Very cool dude. Now hook me up with that Kyogre GBA SP would ya lol

19 hours ago, the tall guy said:

Lots.

@B.A. @captmorgandrinker (briefly at a Cleveland show in 2009), @darkchylde28 @EarlyWorm @GameboyRicky @SoleGoose @ookii_risu @Nightowljrm @Natebit @K3VBOT @K.Thrower @Penguin@Quack @mog 

Bunch of others as well.

You cut me deep Randy........ Didn't the Campouts mean anything to you???? 🙂 

Oh man there are lots of people from the campout days. Any more drinking in a tent, playing games soon????

14 hours ago, Futureman said:

Also have drank some beers with @diddles_mcbean at Magfest a few years back. Hope to do it again in a few months.

Yessir! Muchas beers! Although I didn't end up in the 'Lord this year 😞

I've also met @darkchylde28 and @the tall guy! Have interviewed, thrifted with, and bought from those swell fellas.

I've met @Winterion and watched his panel at TMG!

I met some others from the old site but don't see their names here now.

Edited by diddles_mcbean
  • Like 1