IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Administrator · Posted
41 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Whoa @Gloves! You finally made yourself a proper avatar image!!? Looks sick haha.

-CasualCart

Thanks man! I've always had trouble w/ "personal style" and I don't think this is necessarily it for me, but I did enjoy just "doing it" rather than my typical always worrying about perfect lines and such. I'm a huge fan of the semi-sketch look that some people have, but I'm just SO ANAL about like closing loops and coloring in the lines and stuff when I get into Photoshop myself. I had to really "let go" to make this and if nothing else I'm quite happy I was able to do that for once. 🙂

image.png

• Like 1

Set my backlog aside. 😞

Am on 5th level of Mickey Mania (SG) and the boss of Sunset Riders (SG) and I've been popping Enter the Gungeon in on the side. 🙂. Didn't realize this version of SR only has four stages. I really shouldn't have sold my Snes version b/c now that I want to play the price is way higher. 

Finished Spiderman -Miles Morales and started up 3 different games to decide which I really wanted to tackle. The 3 I played intro stages to were Batman: Arkham Knight, Star Wars Squadrons, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Decided to go with Tomb Raider and play the others later. Currently just past 37% through it. Man are there a ton of things to find and explore in this one.

10 minutes ago, Br81zad said:

Finished Spiderman -Miles Morales and started up 3 different games to decide which I really wanted to tackle. The 3 I played intro stages to were Batman: Arkham Knight, Star Wars Squadrons, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Decided to go with Tomb Raider and play the others later. Currently just past 37% through it. Man are there a ton of things to find and explore in this one.

I dropped Star Wars like a sack of potatoes. I think I gave it at least 4-5 hours but it was just not fun. I'm not a flight sim guy and I just couldn't get into it. I've got Shadow of the Tomb Raider on my backlog list so hopefully I'll get to it this year.

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I dropped Star Wars like a sack of potatoes. I think I gave it at least 4-5 hours but it was just not fun. I'm not a flight sim guy and I just couldn't get into it. I've got Shadow of the Tomb Raider on my backlog list so hopefully I'll get to it this year.

Apparently it's really short, so after 5 hrs, you may have been close to beating it. Lol

I absolutely abhor their control decision to make the left stick responsible for acceleration and deceleration. I tried to get used to it, but it's dumb. I'm partial to the layout of Ace Combat, with L2 and R2 being responsible for speed.

Anyway, Squadrons really didn't grab me either, but I'll probably play the occasional mission or 2 per sitting until it's done.

• Like 1

I've been playing Brigandine and Brigandine Grand Edition recently.  I had played the demo of the new one on Switch, but it didn't really impress me and just made me want to replay the original (which I haven't played in 20 or so years).  

In Brigandine, I played through as Lyonesse on normal and then as Dryst on hard.  The AI isn't great, so even on hard mode it's not much of a challenge.  Still fun though.  Now I'm playing as Zemeckis in Grand Edition.  For those who don't know, Grand Edition is a Japan exclusive updated version that, among other additions, allows you to play as the Esgares Empire.

On 1/23/2021 at 6:03 PM, Br81zad said:

Apparently it's really short, so after 5 hrs, you may have been close to beating it. Lol

I absolutely abhor their control decision to make the left stick responsible for acceleration and deceleration. I tried to get used to it, but it's dumb. I'm partial to the layout of Ace Combat, with L2 and R2 being responsible for speed.

Anyway, Squadrons really didn't grab me either, but I'll probably play the occasional mission or 2 per sitting until it's done.

I loved Squadrons but then...I'm also a long-time fan of TIE Fighter on PC and the Rogue Squadron series, so I was already prepared for much of what the game was selling. The controls do take a little getting used to but once you've figured it out, they're actually pretty spot-on.

I've probably sunk about 50-60 hours into it and I honestly only really gave it up because it was eating into my time trying to work on other games in my backlog. But yeah, the campaign is fairly short (6-ish hours) and is merely "okay". Where the real fun is at is the multiplayer Fleet Battles mode, which is mostly what the campaign is training you for.

Cyber Shadow ended up on Xbox game pass so I gave it a download. It’s a pretty neat call out to Ninja Gaiden and a fun...not sure what genre it is but the graphics are on point and a fun game

I also downloaded donut county which is interesting to say the least. Definitely original

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 2

I beat Brigandine Grand Edition since my last post.  Pretty enjoyable.  The newly added final battles were a great addition.  Lots of other nice little additions too.  I think I like it more than the original.  I'd say it's somewhat import friendly for people familiar with the original too.  Many of the menus have symbols as well as next, so they should be easy to navigate.  Using magic and reading the status screens might still be troublesome though.

I'm still in a strategy game mood and giving some of my other unplayed PS1 ones a try.  I tried Wonder B Cruise, another Japan exclusive, yesterday, but it didn't really grab me.  I'll probably give it one more try tonight before moving on to something else.

4 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Cyber Shadow ended up on Xbox game pass so I gave it a download. It’s a pretty neat call out to Ninja Gaiden and a fun...not sure what genre it is but the graphics are on point and a fun game

I also downloaded donut county which is interesting to say the least. Definitely original

I've also been playing Cyber Shadow. I'd call it an action platformer and it's a ton of fun. I love when this type of retro game is done well and this one nails the NES ninja aesthetic and gameplay.

41 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I've also been playing Cyber Shadow. I'd call it an action platformer and it's a ton of fun. I love when this type of retro game is done well and this one nails the NES ninja aesthetic and gameplay.

It’s been fun right up until Mekadragon. That one almost cost me a controller lol

On 1/28/2021 at 7:22 PM, a3quit4s said:

You are close I believe it’s after the level where the laser is being shot from above you constantly 

Not gonna lie, I actually enjoyed the Mekadragon fight. He's actually not bad when you figure out you can spam the uppercut slash. It only takes like 3 or 4 rounds to beat him like that.

11 hours ago, hardstyletoaster said:

I'm playing rogue squadrons 2 for the first time, I'm enjoying it and I actually went and got a thrustmaster flight stick for it. Beyond that, playing some melee and going to play Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights. Very excited.

That game is great. It also has a nice amount of hidden stuff to make it worth repeat playthroughs.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

That game is great. It also has a nice amount of hidden stuff to make it worth repeat playthroughs.

Oh man that's just getting me even more excited to keep playing it. I actually bought a flight stick for the gamecube just for it. I'll be doing up a review one the flight stick since there isn't much info about it.