IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Subscriber T1 · Posted

Just played through adventure mode level 1 of Ring Fit Adventure (don't judge me).

I quite like the running/exploring part but the combat system seems a bit disconnected. Still pretty fun though, and I can imagine it would get pretty challenging on the more intense settings.

1 hour ago, MuNKeY said:

It's pretty good especially if your anywhere close to a fan of NV but I am really enjoying the interactions with the NPCs and such as I've been pulled in so many ways over different situations and at times I get to the point I think I can just resolve shit by just taking out some one, then I'll hear another side or two of the story and end up rethinking the whole thing, there are a lot of funny moments as well and some of the shit you can come off with and the reactions can be comical. Like there is a character in a space station just doing his job and just by his tone you can sense he is not liking it but pretty much has to so I was giving him hell every chance I got just to get him to admit there are better things he could be doing.  There are companions as well and each one (found 3 so far) have their own personality and history, goals that keep things a bit interesting aside doing your thing. Perks is pretty interesting but there is also what is called flaws you can gain as well and gets a bit funny how you can obtain them if you want them like falling off shit too much, getting too many hits and causing a concussion, fear of robots and such. 

But yeah I think its well worth checking out from what I seen its not all that long of a game like near 40ish hours and I have already sunk maybe 20ish in and I don't think I am barely into the main quest yet so I can see this lasting way longer than it was claimed. 

This sounds closer to the fallout experience I wanted that what 4 offered.  4 felt more refined but less creative.  This sounds really refreshing.  I'm going to pick it up after vacation so I can really sink some hours in.  I could see the 40 hours turning into 80 really easily.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ap123 said:

Just played through adventure mode level 1 of Ring Fit Adventure (don't judge me).

I quite like the running/exploring part but the combat system seems a bit disconnected. Still pretty fun though, and I can imagine it would get pretty challenging on the more intense settings.

I watched someone stream that a couple weeks ago, and the battle sequence seemed to take forever. Looks like a good workout, though!

Currently playing Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark on Wii U. I have no idea why other than it's been on my shelf for 2 years. I have zero interest in Transformers anything but 100 percent interest in Wii U. This sucks. Pretty buggy, runs poorly, bad design, wtf is this story. And yet, there is a small amount of fun to be found underneath. It's not good though. don't get me wrong.

Edited by acromite53

Mostly Paladins on Switch.  I played a bit of Shadow Madness on PlayStation a few days ago.  I'm having trouble getting into it.  I did play it once before back when it came out and remember it being average as best, but I wanted to see what I'd think of it today.  I'll probably give it another try, but I doubt I'll play it to the end again.

I hate to admit it but I've been side-tracked by a mobile game that I'm beta testing.  Soda Dungeon 2.  The maker of both SD1 & 2, is quite accessible on Reddit/YouTube and other forms of social media. It is a mobile game, but the guy does seem to have a good grasp on trying to make something with an old school feel, that's also easy to pick-up/put-down and won't hassle you for mobile purchases.  In fact, the in-app purchases are, IMHO, perfect. Completely unnecessary and with enough time you can earn them all. That said, they are all pretty reasonable and if you like to throw a few bucks at a dev that's made a good game, the options is always there (which is what I did just to support the guy.)

Anyway, I'm not trying to promote the game, but... well I guess I am.  Go check it out if you've never heard of it.  It's pretty cool.

I started playing the original Castlevania this weekend. Obviously I've played the game before but this is the first time I've seriously tackled it with the goal of beating it instead of just picking it up until I get a game over.

I'm on Level 5 right now and keep getting my ass handed to me in the last room with a bunch of iron knights and the medusa heads flying at you. Haven't even gotten to Grim Reaper yet which I know is supposed to be the hardest boss in the game. I left my NES on the past few days so I don't have to replay the first 4 levels again. Any advice?

I started Kingdom Come Deliverance last weekend. It's great. Good graphics, not amazing but still pretty good. Great story and storytelling/flow. Not nearly as many technical glitches as i had been lead to believe. I've been wanting to play this one for a while I was just waiting for the price to drop and baseball season to be over. 

Just finished Link's Awakening for the Gameboy, but also had started several other Zelda games at the same time, only sorta put them on hold as I progressed more in that one. The ones that I'm currently working on are Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, and Minish Cap, as well as Ocarina of Time. I hadn't gotten far yet in any of them. The Oracle games and Minish Cap I'd never played before until this week. Ocarina of Time I never beat because long ago when I did play it it didn't hold my interest, maybe this time be different, I dunno.

Oh, actually forgot to mention Crystalis for the GBC. There was a topic over at Gamefaqs on the classic board asking if anyone ever beat that version of it and I had never played it so popped it in the emu and gave it a try. So far a little easier than the NES one. It has more dialogue, more coherent conversations, all swords do damage to any enemy, and there are some other minor changes. The music sucks though, totally different and very generic soundtrack, so after the initial listening for about 15 minutes I couldn't take it anymore and listen to some music on youtube while I've been playing. I'm at level 10, just got the Kirisa Plant and Fog Lamp and have yet to get any armor or shields. It was easy, actually super easy up to Portoa, but the area and caves around here are slightly more challenging that I've had to use the inn more than a few times to recover. I wasn't going to play this far into it, but figure at this point, well, I guess I can keep at it.

Crystalis - GBC

Now at level 11 in the town of Joel. Decided to turn the sound back on again. I would really love to know why when they made this port that they changed all of the music, there was nothing wrong with the original soundtrack at all. Anyway, aside from that the game is okay, any of the little bits of changes here and there haven't hurt it. Certainly better than Blaster Master Enemy Below, that one from the bit I played, up to stage 3 was while not horrible, I didn't much like that one, no momentum for the vehicle and only four directional walking for Jason in the overhead areas and other gripes, maybe I'll get back to it, maybe not, but one game at a time.

Gave a couple of Gameboy games a try.

Battle of Olympus for Gameboy is terrible. Character now has a floaty jump, enemies behave slightly different, you can be hit back repeatedly until dead, if you strike while an olive or leaf are in front of you they get destroyed (WTF), and enemies take more hits. I could not even make it to Athena because the hoppy hoofed guys kept killing me. Damn shame, ruin a perfectly good classic like that.

Final Fantasy Adventure, feels like Mystic Quest on the SNES but active battles like Legend of Zelda. Okay except for limitations not just on keys but mattocks and those are used to break walls, problem is guessing which walls are breakable. Sure one could think, well Zelda was like that will the bombs, only with these mattocks, I haven't seen an enemy drop any. Enemies seem to be able to wander anywhere, across river, through solid rock. The music is good thus far from what I heard though and I don't mind the simplicity of the gameplay. Just got the mirror after killing the dragon/hydra boss.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, MeganJoanne said:

Gave a couple of Gameboy games a try.

Battle of Olympus for Gameboy is terrible. Character now has a floaty jump, enemies behave slightly different, you can be hit back repeatedly until dead, if you strike while an olive or leaf are in front of you they get destroyed (WTF), and enemies take more hits. I could not even make it to Athena because the hoppy hoofed guys kept killing me. Damn shame, ruin a perfectly good classic like that.

Final Fantasy Adventure, feels like Mystic Quest on the SNES but active battles like Legend of Zelda. Okay except for limitations not just on keys but mattocks and those are used to break walls, problem is guessing which walls are breakable. Sure one could think, well Zelda was like that will the bombs, only with these mattocks, I haven't seen an enemy drop any. Enemies seem to be able to wander anywhere, across river, through solid rock. The music is good thus far from what I heard though and I don't mind the simplicity of the gameplay. Just got the mirror after killing the dragon/hydra boss.

I'm also playing that right now.  You can swing a sword at walls to hear a sound signifying they can be broken, and I think every dungeon should have a random spawning mob that drops mattocks.