IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

48 minutes ago, Pendragonx said:

nice! I love the music in that game.. the humor is good too .. .Never did get very far in it though .. I apparently just suck at platformers these days I guess?

Loving the music. You're right, humor IS good. Glad they put it in there. It's definitely tough, currently just got out of the tower of time and fighting a dragon.

• Like 1

I've been play Robocop Vs. Terminator (prototype) for the NES.  I like all these games, but honestly this one is probably the most fun to play even if Robocop moves like a tank.  Then again I like Predator on the NES also, but RVT is definitely better than that.

18 minutes ago, CMR said:

I've been play Robocop Vs. Terminator (prototype) for the NES.  I like all these games, but honestly this one is probably the most fun to play even if Robocop moves like a tank.  Then again I like Predator on the NES also, but RVT is definitely better than that.

Interesting. NES Predator is the bane of my existence, so now I'm curious what kind of impression RvT would leave on me. Challenge accepted!

54 minutes ago, CMR said:

This is the first proto I ever discovered on the internet way back when I started collecting (from TSR's NES Archive) and I really liked it.  I think it's way better than the three released Robocop NES games, and I couldn't get a repro cart made fast enough.  Have you done a No-Death Run yet?  That was my original goal when I started playing it...

9 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

I’ve spent a silly amount of time playing Barbie over the years for having not finished it.

Barbie was a surprisingly tough game, if I remember correctly (mostly due to all the cheap hits and Barbie moving so damn slow). I beat it once as a kid because my sister owned it and I just had to conquer every NES game I could get my hands on.

7 minutes ago, cj_robot said:

Barbie was a surprisingly tough game, if I remember correctly (mostly due to all the cheap hits and Barbie moving so damn slow). I beat it once as a kid because my sister owned it and I just had to conquer every NES game I could get my hands on.

I’ve got through most of it but it’s definitely been a confusing trip. Barbie moves so slow and her jumps are clunky too. I used to be able to get to the last level consistently so let’s see how i can fare now 🙂 

On 1/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, croagunk said:

I’m currently playing Sonic Forces on the Switch. Pretty good!

Finally, someone else with that opinion! 😆 I don't get why it's consistently regarded as one of the worst games in the franchise. It's nothing special but there's far worse. I quite enjoyed my playthrough of it a few years back too. 

As for what I'm playing now, I just finished Night in the Woods on the Switch. If none of you have played it, it's fantastic. I'd highly, highly recommend it. It's a heavily story-driven adventure game with focus on the characters. I've not been so invested in a game and its world in a long time, if ever to this extent. Got it digitally during a Christmas eShop sale, and during my free time I've played through it once, and I'm almost done with my second playthrough. (The outcome is dictated by the characters you interact with midway through the game). I still don't feel like I've got all the content out of it, will put it down for a month and probably go through it a third time. 

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:52 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

This is the first proto I ever discovered on the internet way back when I started collecting (from TSR's NES Archive) and I really liked it.  I think it's way better than the three released Robocop NES games, and I couldn't get a repro cart made fast enough.  Have you done a No-Death Run yet?  That was my original goal when I started playing it...

I haven't even beaten it yet.  lol

8 hours ago, Pendragonx said:

Which one are you playing?  I loved Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood a lot

I guess I should've clarified since there are something like 18 mainline Assassin's Creed games. I'm playing Valhalla right now. It's a great game, but really suffers from bloat. Also the main story is completely off the rails. I hadn't played an AC game since AC II, so I didn't realize how insane they had become.

• Thanks 1

Got the Switch remaster of Link's Awakening for Christmas, and have been playing that all week. I guess I didn't expect it to be almost literally the same game as the old one, but that's totally fine. I really love the visuals, and I hope they remaster some other 8-bit games in this fashion (Super Mario Land series?).

1 hour ago, cj_robot said:

I really love the visuals, and I hope they remaster some other 8-bit games in this fashion (Super Mario Land series?).

Ooh! I would kill to see Nintendo remake/remaster the Super Mario Land games! I've developed a habit of playing through those about once a year. They're all just so much fun.

• Like 1

My best buddy from Med School stopped by for a quick jam session on his way moving across the country. We had a few beers and played Rampart, Trog!, and TMNT3 on the NES. I have to say that TMNT3 is way too easy on coop. We easily made it 2/3 of the way through the game while intentionally attacking each other dozens of times. Still a ton of fun though.