IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

1 hour ago, Webhead123 said:

I put down WoW about a year ago but I'm kinda feeling an urge to revisit again, since the new expansion has seen some significant reworks, plus the new story content which I've heard was pretty good.

I haven't played since cata came out. Was really disappointed in the game at that point. But just came back with shadow lands and it's much closer to og WoW. Only sad thing is I lost access to my og account, starting front scratch it is haha. 

3 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Experiencing The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages for the first time.  Damn it's good.  

Ages and Seasons are both on my short list. I'm trying to finish a couple other titles first but then really feel the urge for a classic Zelda adventure and told myself it's time to stop putting off those two. Always wanted to play them but didn't have a GBC back then, so it never happened.

I decided to get back into playing Super Mario Sunshine, and continue a save file that I've had since 2003. The Lily Pad Ride secret area is a nightmare (even getting there is frustrating), but after more than an hour I finally got that Shine Sprite:

IMG_5544.thumb.JPG.6f3b79ea93d061da62a346940d181be0.JPG

IMG_5548.thumb.JPG.428af36f59e55fb015b438f99dae835c.JPG

Only ten more to go.

Edited by MegaMan52

On 12/15/2020 at 7:15 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Just beat Time Zone on Famicom... a waaaaaay too easy hop 'n bopper platformer with no real gimmick of its own.  I will say that the overworld ditty was so catchy that I can't get it out of my head.

I liked Time Zone a lot, but yeah, it's so easy it's unlikely you'll ever play it again.

It has one mechanic that I think is sorta cool though, in how if you know where you're going you can essentially cover multiple enemies and obstacles in a single jump due to the speed and gravity of the player controls. I can see this game being a lot of fun for casual speedrunning.

For as cheap as a game as it is, I think it's a bit of a hidden gem, and full value for the money - especially compared to the very similar Panic Restaurant from the same team, which isn't nearly as good.

17 hours ago, Sumez said:

I liked Time Zone a lot, but yeah, it's so easy it's unlikely you'll ever play it again.

It has one mechanic that I think is sorta cool though, in how if you know where you're going you can essentially cover multiple enemies and obstacles in a single jump due to the speed and gravity of the player controls. I can see this game being a lot of fun for casual speedrunning.

For as cheap as a game as it is, I think it's a bit of a hidden gem, and full value for the money - especially compared to the very similar Panic Restaurant from the same team, which isn't nearly as good.

Yeah speed runners would have fun with it for two reasons: first you go really fast and jump extremely far when you're holding the B button down, but also because you could time your skateboard power-up to start at particular times at the beginning of certain levels to beat them insanely fast.  On the downside, there are quite a few auto-scrolling levels, which must be hell for speedrunners to have to sit through...

• 3 weeks later...

My reaction when I looked up from my Switch and realized I’m using it to play Okami, Katamati Damacy, and Super Mario Sunshine:

78E8A7AC-510E-44AF-8B0F-D23CAF9385AD.gif

I am having a blast though and basking in some nostalgia. I guess I know why people my age are driving PS2 and GameCube prices through the ceiling.

Edited by The Strangest
  • Haha 1

I'm torn. (Aside from dabbling with the couple games on my phone) My focus is on Fenyx Rising on the Switch as it seems exceptionally good still, need to reassemble Aphrodite first it appears.  The thing is I know I really should also touch Civ 6, Cadence of Hyrle, Panzer Dragoon, Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2, Grandia HD Collection, and FF9 I imported... but PD aside they're all time sinks and I fear if I start to flip flop, the flipped for the flop ends up collecting dust.

Still playing way too many games at once, but I also started Sackboy on PS5. I'm playing online co-op with one of my buddies since they finally updated the game. The gameplay itself is kind of meh, but the visual design is great and the music is absolutely fantastic. It might be my favorite soundtrack of 2020.

Wasteland 3. This game is like a post-apocalypse, worse, buggy version of the Divinity: Original Sin games, but it's pretty much the only co-op RPG that's similar to D:OS. There are decades of games like this but so few really designed for 2 players where it doesn't feel like #2 is just #1's helper.

Got Kirby Tilt n' Tumble a couple of weeks ago and was very excited to start playing it. But then I remeber I got Kirby 64 two months ago and didn't get to play it. So I decided to play Kiby 64 first, that way I keep up with the "story and plot" (yeah... what ever that means in kirby games...).

Anyway, Kirby 64 is amazing! I knew it's supposed to be good, but it's even better then I expected. They got the "2.5d" with the panning camera better then in most "2.5d" games released today, the game looks beautiful for this resolution (and not only by n64 standards), and the level design is great. What a fun game!

Currently playing through New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on Switch.  I haven't played it in about 4 years, but I'm loving it way more that I did the first time I played it on Wii U.  I'm attempting  to beat all levels in the main game, including the ones that are skippable.  I'm not sure if I will go back and try to get all of the star coins or not.  Most likely not.  I realize that will keep me from some of the secret levels, but I'm not sure if I want to put in that much effort.  

It really is a good game and it shows that 2D Mario is still a viable type of gameplay.  I wish we would get a proper new 2D Mario game for the Switch.  

3 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Playing Dragon Warrior for the first time.  Enjoying it so far.

Oh, man! I wish I could re-experience my first time playing DW! I got the game as part of the Nintendo Power subscription promo, which came with all the extra stuff (flyers, poster-map, guidebook, etc.). It was the first proper RPG I ever played and it totally drew me in. It felt like a real adventure and it took me almost a year of fairly regular play before I finally conquered the Dragon Lord. It's an experience I'll never forget and one of my all-time favorite gaming memories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausden said:

Starting up The Messenger now.

Fair warning (and, of course, your experience may vary) but I loved the first half of The Messenger and then...kinda lost steam about an hour into the second half. I can't exactly explain why but the game just kinda changes tone and perhaps felt like it was just retreading old ground for me. I'll probably go back and try to finish it one day but I'm going to have to really push myself to do it, I think. That's going to be especially tough with Cyber Shadow coming out...😬

But while it lasted, it was an excellent time.

Edited by Webhead123
  • Like 1

Finally got around to loading up the Retranslation+Map patch for Simon's Quest. Even without the patch, I've always loved the game despite its issues. Amazing graphics and music. I love the atmosphere and emphasis on exploration of different environments. This is something I feel is lost with Symphony of the Night and its lineage. In Simon's Quest, you had graveyards, swamps, caves, dungeons and villages to visit.

The patch makes the game more accessible in just about every way I have seen. The map screen is definitely useful and the corrected NPC text is a HUGE improvement. There's even a semi-hidden save feature, which is simply amazing to me.

So yeah, for anyone who hasn't given Simon's Quest a fair shake because of concerns over its infamous limitations, you're missing out on a great game and should do yourself a favor by loading up this patched version. A+

Edited by Webhead123
  • Like 3

Oh yeah I forgot about reading that in relation to the hidden save.  I'm not sure even how it works exactly because at the time I really didn't care as it was a hot patch on that atrocrious retron5 so I could just stop whenever and it would pick right back up like sleep mode.

I wonder if anyone ever go the smart idea of throwing that on a real cart and peddling it as I think it would be a service to say the least.