IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Alright fellas. Ive done it. Ive fallen. The only game I have not even wanted to try.... Fortnite.... I know I know... My only reason to play has been my son. Hes been begging me more and more to play with him and I just couldnt hold out any longer. I feel ashamed to even say this but it was actually pretty fun, but I feel I would say its mostly because it is playing WITH him. 

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, ChickenTendas said:

It's not a BAD game. It's one of the best multiplayer shooters of the past few years. It's not incredible, but it certainly isn't the shit everyone claims it is.

A big part of it being "shit" is it's main audience. I feel like it's like going to a Markiplier fan convention. Sure there's gonna be some adults around, but mostly you're gonna be surrounded by kids, and embarrassingly, most of those kids will kick your ass.

27 minutes ago, Gloves said:

A big part of it being "shit" is it's main audience. I feel like it's like going to a Markiplier fan convention. Sure there's gonna be some adults around, but mostly you're gonna be surrounded by kids, and embarrassingly, most of those kids will kick your ass.

cant tell you how many times my son had to come revive yesterday.😪 

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Calan87 said:

Alright fellas. Ive done it. Ive fallen. The only game I have not even wanted to try.... Fortnite.... I know I know... My only reason to play has been my son. Hes been begging me more and more to play with him and I just couldnt hold out any longer. I feel ashamed to even say this but it was actually pretty fun, but I feel I would say its mostly because it is playing WITH him. 

It's a good game with a strong hook.  Buncha cranky old men around these parts.

20 hours ago, Sumez said:

SS4 is one of the best fighters ever though 🙂

Ok you have me curious, because honestly I've got cares for the odd numbered ones, sentimental with SS1 but loved SS3 as I mastered a few characters on that in my college days as it was in the rec room there.  I rarely touched SS4 and had bad experiences with it, but for all I know whoever had it at the time had jacked it up to lv8 because when I tried it the other day it didn't seem so bad.

Yeah, as I remember it, SS3 is the one that has a really difficult single player mode, while the SS4 one (on default level-4) is notoriously easy?
Could be the other way around though, I don't play single player a lot, I'm basing this entirely on regular versus gameplay. 🙂 The incredible tension between two human players is what really sets the series apart IMO.

SS4 is basically the same as SS3, with a bunch of small improvements. They got rid of the random healing food spawns, and life bars are longer so you don't get battles that are over in two hits (though to be honest I some times liked that aspect of 3), and most importantly, "VICTOLY!" is back.

Both games are great.

Edited by Sumez

No everything I've ever read was that SS3 is the nasty one for difficulty, but I had put daily play on it originally just using Shizumaru, then Haohmaru and Nakoruru(hold over from SS1 I cared most for) and learned how to drop the game with them then others on a quarter.  It really wasn't bad, but I imagine if Ir eally put effort on it now I'd get ticked at it remember how it was easy.

On 7/25/2020 at 11:29 AM, The Strangest said:

I still haven’t beaten the shadow queen from my old save file as a kid

Right lol she is tough!! Well I got her down to 43 HP that time before dieing. My issue is I only have one item an ultra shroom and that is it and I forgot why. I think I stored everything thinking there was going to be a lot of items in the palace or something I don't really remember. If I can figure out how to get out of the palace and get some more items from storage I can easily beat her as I memorized her patterns very well. I'm just stuck really as she does some insane damage when she increases her attack.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Nearly done with SteinsGate, with some shorter games lined up behind it.  I'm thinking realMyst, Contra Rogue Whatever, or the Trine games.

Still plugging along with my SNES stuff too.  I'd say 50 games left in the library that I still need to put some more time in before I can call my experience with them "complete."

11 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Nearly done with SteinsGate, with some shorter games lined up behind it.  I'm thinking realMyst, Contra Rogue Whatever, or the Trine games.

Still plugging along with my SNES stuff too.  I'd say 50 games left in the library that I still need to put some more time in before I can call my experience with them "complete."

How is Steins Gate? I've been really curious about it. I started the anime but didn' get past the second episode

Steins;Gate is amazing.

It takes a while to wind up. Like, it takes many hours of reading dialogue to wind up.
And during this whole period you have to deal with an incredibly annoying (first person) main character, Japanese stereotypes, and honestly just a whole lot of nothing happening.
But once the story starts to really get off the ground, it all pays off. Everything that happens is a setup for something else, including the main character's intentionally insufferable personality.
Getting the actual "true ending" to the game basically requires looking up a flowchart on the internet and following a bunch of easy-to-miss branches to find, it's honestly impossible to figure out on your own. But holy shit. When I watched it I was pretty much in tears - it's a story that really gets to you.

I think a lot of the annoying stuff, especially early on, is probably much easier to swallow if you're into anime and stuff. But like Reed I really don't watch a lot of that, and the story is still so solid that it doesn't matter.

Editorials Team · Posted

I should clarify that I'm playing Steins;Gate Elite, which is the "animated" version of the game.

Didn't get to play last night, but I should be near the end.  Unless I have to look up the flowchart to get the true ending.  I have saved at every major branch (as far as I know).

5 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Unless I have to look up the flowchart to get the true ending.  I have saved at every major branch (as far as I know).

It's not "major branches", it's little things that feel like they don't matter, like whether you respond to some phone calls, and how they are doing etc.

It feels very unintuitive, but given the "true nature" of the final ending, it all makes sense. Essentially

Spoiler

the "main girl" isn't who the game makes you think it is when you don't do all of these

(pretty major spoiler, so maybe skip it...)

I don't know if it's different in Elite though. If it's based on the anime, the "true ending" might just be the default one.

Editorials Team · Posted

I thought I read that getting the 5 bad endings unlocks the ability to get the true 6th ending.  That's what I aim to do.

If I need to go back and change how I responded to texts... well, I probably won't do that.  I'd just resort to watching whatever I missed on YouTube at that point

I don't think I'll pick it back up again as it gets tedious and a bit confusing based on the random placement of every resource, but I fired up Terraria again after like 3 years because my kid got hooked on playing it this morning and did it all day long on my tablet.  She got quite a nice system of caves going after I gave a few pointers, also made some nice stairs, a 2 story frame of a house with little to it so far.

I did around two hours or so, smaller than hers 2 story home with a table, chair, furnace and a chest.  I got some odd resources, but for some reason I can't seem to get the furnace to smelt my bars into better gear.  I got kind of bored and put it up, probably do it again when she's into it though.

Playing Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 right now, and I'm not enjoying it like the first for some reason, it just feels kind of dull for some reason. All the references I'm seeing to the 3d game don't help. I've seen plenty of stories so bad that they ruin the whole game, but the 3d Bionic Commando's story was so awful it kind of peripherally ruins the Rearmed games for me, every time they reference it I wince a little. Please don't mention his wife who was turned into a robotic arm.

I was playing Doom on the SNES and I have to say that I'm giving up. I got about half way through. The framerate, pixelated graphics and laggy controls are just too awful. Strangely, they didn't offer any way to save your game or even a password. I might have been able to do it in chunks, but there's no way I'm getting through the whole thing in one sitting.

I mean it's pretty much what I expected, but I thought I could at least slog my way through it just so I could knock it off my list. Oh well.