IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Rant incoming because it’s from a game I’m playing and I don’t know where else to post this.

I just got back into Old School Runescape and I was told PVP was a shadow of its former self, and I saw that today.

You know you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel for enjoyment as a PKer when you prey on people killing low wildy green dragons. These players are always level 60-something, worthless Rune gear at best, and aren’t risking a damn thing. You’re making no money. All you’re doing by PKing them with your teleblock and snare spells is being a chode and discouraging up and coming players. Fight someone who can reasonably fight back and whip up a challenge for you. But then you’d be risking your gear. I get it.

Rant over.

Bought Stardew Valley on PC so I can mod it.  Added some quality of life improvements and portrait swaps.  It's such a fun game. 

Also playing Final Fantasy X HD on PC. Still enjoy this game after all these years.  The reduced animations of the characters is kind of off but the arranged soundtrack is really good.

Kung Fu, NES. Stitched Thomas from this game, then got in the mood to play it, so gave it a few tries. Last time I played this game from what I have logged down was in 2009 and my highest score was score 984,710 (wonder if I can achieve that again).

1577576640_2020-2-21KungFu(JapanUSA)-game39-score231610.png.8d6aa79a5ab6cb81f46386ed435e718a.png

763372293_2020-2-21KungFu(JapanUSA)-game39-score325340.png.38781b632ebd70931fb56e150d88b871.png

896219761_2020-2-21KungFu(JapanUSA)-score344940.png.4eeb3991dc83aec0e9ed4458c53ce611.png

Yoshi's Cookie, only played one game of it. Not much for what I call the Falling-block puzzlers (Tetris, Dr Mario, ect), but I do like this one.

695864019_2020-2-21YoshisCookie-score11820.png.33c3a9eea8ad50236c5bb0dca8ee4653.png

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 7:23 AM, Nintegageo said:

Odin Sphere. I was reminded how I wanted to play Princess Crown so this has been nice. But man do I wish they would translate Princess Crown.

I skipped that game during the PS2 era.  (didn't look "RPGy" enough for me).  However Lefthrasser or whatever on Vita was one of my favorite games.  Amazing game!

How do people like the snowblind studios multi player RPGs?  Dad and I played Dark Alliance years ago and loved it.  I just bought Dark Alliance 2 and Champions return to arms.  Even though they score a little lower on metrcritic.  Both of them have a couple more playable character options, which we value.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
9 hours ago, ErickRPG said:

How do people like the snowblind studios multi player RPGs?  Dad and I played Dark Alliance years ago and loved it.  I just bought Dark Alliance 2 and Champions return to arms.  Even though they score a little lower on metrcritic.  Both of them have a couple more playable character options, which we value.

28ba78ceb7cce91dd93dd032c5b50a247f58fb53_00.jpg

• Like 1

Finished Ford Racing 3 today. Budget PS2 game, good for its price and I wouldn't have been overly disappointed had I got it back in the day. However it gets rather tedious towards the end of the main mode. I'd recommend it, but only for short bursts over a long time period. 

Thinking of either Crash N-Sane Trilogy, LA Noire or Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn for the next game to play. Leaning towards Crash the most, because it's probably the easiest to play for a few minutes when I have the time. 

7 hours ago, NZCollector said:

Finished Ford Racing 3 today. Budget PS2 game, good for its price and I wouldn't have been overly disappointed had I got it back in the day. However it gets rather tedious towards the end of the main mode. I'd recommend it, but only for short bursts over a long time period. 

Thinking of either Crash N-Sane Trilogy, LA Noire or Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn for the next game to play. Leaning towards Crash the most, because it's probably the easiest to play for a few minutes when I have the time. 

I would not recommend LA Noire. I played it on Switch in 2018 and that game is just straight up bad. The interrogations make no sense (even with the renamed commands), the investigations follow no logical order, the story and character arcs are so bad that I was waiting for some kind of twist to redeem what had happened, and the gameplay sucks. It's one of those games where I felt like reviewers were taking crazy pills to even score it above a 6. Apparently great facial animations and a relatively authentic 1940s setting get you a lot of goodwill. Of course this is just my opinion, and a lot of people like the game. I just think they're insane.😁🤪

Anyways, sounds like you have a lot of good stuff lined up.

• Like 1

Wild West: C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa (jesus, what a title)

moomesa-6.png

Picked up this board 8 years ago because I thought it looks super good, but I never got around to really playing it outside of a single credit feed through it, which left me pretty disappointed.

After sitting down and trying to learn the mechanics of the game though, I think I'm now able to enjoy it, and it's actually a really fun game. Going for a 2-ALL 1CC.

• Like 1

Was playing The Guardian Legend yesterday, decided after cross-stitching one for this game that I wanted to play just a little of it, so using an old password I saved long ago, loaded up ready for the final corridor, I decided to play against the bosses using just the regular shots, only resorted to enemy erasers on the last boss when I figured him impossible to beat without some special weapon, but kept looking for an opening, some way that maybe it would be doable (could it be, I dunno), but it is shielded completely from the front thus a side or rear attack is all that is effective (usually I would use the twin saber lasers or the rear wave blasts), and the missiles that it sends out take more than a hit to destroy and always try to seek your rear and without any reverse firing other than with a special I kept getting missiles up my ass, so just before I was about to die started using the enemy erasers and continued to look for any possibility that this boss like the others could be defeated with only the regular gun, still found it seemingly impossible thus continued with the combo enemy erasers and shooting it until it died.

And then I played the TGL mode. Died a bunch against the shrimp boss before I found out how to keep it from moving around so much (if you don't move around then it will stop moving back and forth thus so much easier to avoid getting killed by all those claws it sends out), aside from the Optomons this has always been one of the hardest bosses in the game, but I think I can beat it much easier now. And then I got to the Red Optomon and gave up after losing a ton against it, and it's not so much that it is really hard, but the stage, which is tough, and then in battling against the boss its regular little shots being white blend in with the whitish parts of the background which there is a lot of, so I struggled to be able to see them all and got hit too much, heck the long beams are easier to avoid, and since I done played the game up to that point for an hour and 21 minutes my stamina and interest got too low to finish it. Never really did enjoy the TGL mode much, way too long for a shmup and power ups aren't gotten when best needed, yeah, I like the regular game better. I think if memory serves me right, I only ever got through the TLG mode twice ever.

255154978.jpg

I've been meaning to play Xenoblade Chronicles for, oh, ten years now. That whole Operation Rainfall thing was fascinating while it was happening. And it was my intention to play all those games. But I haven't. And yet, the Xenoblade series has continued to grow over those years. The original game has been re-released on 3DS and soon on Switch, while a full on numbered sequel was released on Switch along with a game-length stand-alone expansion.

But I still haven't played any of those games. Instead, I've just fired up Xenoblade Chronicles X, a spin-off title that was released (so far) exclusively on Wii U. And people love to hate that console. And I love to defend it. Here's a good example of why. Now in fairness, a lot of the once exclusive Wii U games have been ported to Switch. Tokyo Mirage Sessions was a recent surprise. But for now Xenoblade Chronicles X is still exclusive to Wii U. And even IF it gets re-released, it'll no doubt be a $60 game and I managed to grab it for less than $15 in pristine condition. So I'm happy.

I'll be honest - I had NO IDEA what to expect from this game. Screenshots and videos I've seen from the original look like the typical blue sky and green grass RPG, albeit with some futuristic designs a la later Final Fantasies. But as I delved into X, it became immediately clear that I was really in for a treat.

The influences here are staggering, and really check off a lot of boxes for me. The game opens with a huge cinematic intro that involves aliens and robot spacecrafts in fight in space. It's awesome. And as the game started up, it became clear that the futuristic designs are more inline with Phantasy Star Online than say Mass Effect. It's an awesome blend of bright colors typically found in JRPG's with a more sci-fi feel. Even better, once you get to "New Los Angeles," it's like you're in a JRPG version of Blade Runner. Heck, the team that you join is even called "BLADE." This game feels like my kind of game.

That said, I'm two and a half hours in and still struggling at times to figure out the basics. Combat feels awesome, but I'm still not fully understanding how it all works yet. It's sort of a blend of auto-attacks, and then cool-down skills you can manually do and then there's even some QTE stuff thrown in. I think this feels like a metaphor for the game as a whole. There's a LOT going on and it's going to take some time to make sense of it all.

But for now, I'm heavily intrigued. I think this game is going to really click with me - even more than it already has in the opening hours.