IGNORED

8-Bit X-Mas Complete Set

RH

Since I've been around the community for over 4 years, I've certainly noticed the "tradition" of the 8-Bit X-Mas games. I just saw the post on here that 2019 will be out soon.  I never got into these because I don't buy many homebrews and, if I were too... I know I'd want all of these.

So, asking for a friend, but how much would a complete set (through 2018, since 2019 can still be pre-ordered) go for?

Prices have come way down from what they were in say 2015. There are still folks that think they're worth more (or folks who want to sell them for more), but everything except '08 can be had for a somewhat reasonable price. The last '09 I saw sell publicly went for like $350. I want to say the last 2010 was $150 or so? I haven't been keeping track too much, but if you're not buying this time of year they're not too bad.

Before the great purge, a set was on NA for $2500 (including 16-bit X-mas). I don't think it sold, someone figure out how to check in GoCollect, lol. 2008 is definitely the killer because there are only 50 and tons of them are already in full sets from the kinds of people who (IMO) aren't likely to ever break it up, lots of homebrew fanatics and "guys who have everything". ~$1000 is usually the price I see tossed around for 2008.

Edited by DefaultGen

Just now, DefaultGen said:

... ~$1000 is usually the price I see tossed around for 2008.

Yeah, that's pretty typical. I haven't seen one sell for less than that since 2015, but I also don't think a lot of people are going to want to let it go for less; it's easier just to hang onto it. If a couple hit public auction we'd have a better gauge, but they rarely do.

8 minutes ago, RH said:

$1,000

Welp, to rich for my blood.  I was thinking, maybe, $1,200-1,500 for the set but it seems I'm way off.  I knew nothing about this set, though, other than seeing these things pop up around Christmas time.

Go spend that sweet homebrew money on better, err I mean OTHER, cool holiday homebrew like Spook-o'-Tron just to pick a totally random one out of a hat.

19 hours ago, fsped09 said:

Maybe @Ferris Bueller can chime in. He was tracking sales for a some time. 

There hasn't been one up for sale publicly in a long time. I think things heated up with the gifts for full sets from Brian and cooled off after he quit giving out freebies. It is still one of the rarer and more desired homebrews out there.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, MrWunderful said:

Isnt 2008 and 2009 the most rare?

Yep. 2010 isn’t easy to find I’d say but they’re out there and available. 2011-2012 come up semi often and ‘13 forward are readily available on secondary markets. 

Id be very curious to see what recent pricing for 08/09 is currently. I need both and would like to get one after the new year. 

I paid $115 for my 2010 two years ago and I felt I got a great deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a 2010 and a 2008 on eBay but they have been sitting really high priced for quite some time. The market has decided that $350-$400 is too high for 2010 and $3,700 is to high for 2008. I wasn’t paying anymore than $50 or so for 2011 to 2015 and I got them all recently with the pin up cards. I bought 2019 and 2017 for retail since they were on the site. 

I would like to complete the set but I’m not paying a huge chunk of change for 2008-2010. Congrats if you got one when they came out!

edit: maybe secret Santa will send me one I’m missing 😛

Edited by a3quit4s

On 11/6/2019 at 1:00 PM, Foochie776 said:

Yep. 2010 isn’t easy to find I’d say but they’re out there and available. 2011-2012 come up semi often and ‘13 forward are readily available on secondary markets. 

Id be very curious to see what recent pricing for 08/09 is currently. I need both and would like to get one after the new year. 

I paid $115 for my 2010 two years ago and I felt I got a great deal. 

Agree, especially if it has the pin up card.