IGNORED

Your Avatar. What is it? What does it mean?

m308gunner

Some people's avatars are immediately recognizable. You know who it is before you see the name. Others, not so much. Some are odd. Some are bizarre. Some make zero sense. So what does your's mean? Why did you pick it? What does it have to say about you? Is it significant?

I'll go first:

Mine is the m308gunner from Metal Storm. That is one of my most sought after NES titles (and one of my biggest selling regrets) from my childhood. I lovingly traced it in Adobe Illustrator and it's been with me ever since.

• Like 3

At one point I got a random funny notion of Mario getting jacked. So I cropped Mario's head and looked for buff dudes on google. I found one that would work and I resized and angled Mario's head and applied a filter to it so the colors would blend better. Used it on NA for years so had to bust it out again here.

• Like 1

Mine is Zeke, the main character from Zombies Ate My Neighbors, but more specifically the Majesco SNES artwork variant. This was the very first video game I ever played, and one of my all time favorites. Though I mainly collect Gameboy consoles, that variant box is still a grail that seems to elude me. It has also been my avatar since I started collecting, I'm one of those people that sticks with one thing forever, so I'll probably never change it. 

• Like 1

Mine is a combination of things: the owl and windows are from Castlevania III, the pillars and curtains are from Castlevania, and the floor is from Super Mario Bros. 3. It was just whipped together in PhotoShop real quick just to have an avatar that makes sense with my name and some of my favorite NES games.

... maybe I need to update it...

• Like 2

Bad Dudette. She's my sprite edit from the dude from Bad Dudes. I had intended to do more with her, put her in the game, but whenever I do sprite edits I tend to pick one frame and never do the rest. Originally she was three colors, went through several edits before I was happy with her look and then enhanced her with more colors as seen in my avatar. Also have more outfits for her which I may swap out once in a while. After she turned out so good I did some more characters using the Bad Dudes model. I did intend to do even more, but ran out of steam, bored, distracted, I dunno, maybe someday I will do some more like this. It used to be I would use a hermitcrab sprite I created for my avatar most of the time back with my Miss Clawful name at the old site, but I think a human character better represents me, well a more kick ass version of me.

Edited by MeganJoanne
  • Like 4

For years it's been this gif of Cranky Kong. I'm sure everyone here recognizes it but it's from the intro to Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. I picked it because I like the character, not because I'm an old guy (I'm 28), or a fan of DKC (it's great, but I love SMW/LttP a lot more). The intro is bangin though. Maybe someday I'll change it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeXmetal said:

Mine is Zeke, the main character from Zombies Ate My Neighbors, but more specifically the Majesco SNES artwork variant. This was the very first video game I ever played, and one of my all time favorites. Though I mainly collect Gameboy consoles, that variant box is still a grail that seems to elude me. It has also been my avatar since I started collecting, I'm one of those people that sticks with one thing forever, so I'll probably never change it. 

Best...cover...ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m308gunner said:

Some people's avatars are immediately recognizable. You know who it is before you see the name. Others, not so much. Some are odd. Some are bizarre. Some make zero sense. So what does your's mean? Why did you pick it? What does it have to say about you? Is it significant?

I'll go first:

Mine is the m308gunner from Metal Storm. That is one of my most sought after NES titles (and one of my biggest selling regrets) from my childhood. I lovingly traced it in Adobe Illustrator and it's been with me ever since.

That game gives me the spins and makes me want to Ralph. Am I #tooold?