ExplodedHamster

Heritage Auctions Thread

13 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It will be interesting to see how it affects CIB prices. My sticker seal SMB and TM Zelda didn't come cheap, but it seems like Heritage has a CIB Dr. Wright error Mega Man about once a month. The 7.0 CIB white bullet MTPO is the first one I've seen in a while other than a 5.5 on ebay. 

The 5.5 on ebay is mine. I have been buying white bullets for a little over 2 years now and I have only been able to buy 4 or 5. Its in the same category as TM Zelda value wise IMO. Probably even harder to find.

Out of all the " Popular first print CIB's" as far as difficulty goes id say Matte mario, (NOT Gloss, Glosses 5x more common, if not even more) , White bullet Tyson,  DR Wright, TM Zelda.  In that order. Juts going off what I have seen on ebay over the past 2 years. 

Honorable mention to Daytime Rad racer,  I never see them. 

From a projected value standpoint id go Matte mario, TM zelda, tyson, Mega man. 

Edited by Domuhnator
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

It will be interesting to see how it affects CIB prices. My sticker seal SMB and TM Zelda didn't come cheap, but it seems like Heritage has a CIB Dr. Wright error Mega Man about once a month. The 7.0 CIB white bullet MTPO is the first one I've seen in a while other than a 5.5 on ebay. 

On 2/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, Domuhnator said:

The 5.5 on ebay is mine. I have been buying white bullets for a little over 2 years now and I have only been able to buy 4 or 5. Its in the same category as TM Zelda value wise IMO. Probably even harder to find.

Out of all the " Popular first print CIB's" as far as difficulty goes id say Matte mario, (NOT Gloss, Glosses 5x more common, if not even more) , White bullet Tyson,  DR Wright, TM Zelda.  In that order. Juts going off what I have seen on ebay over the past 2 years. 

Honorable mention to Daytime Rad racer,  I never see them. 

From a projected value standpoint id go Matte mario, TM zelda, tyson, Mega man. 

I look at almost every single CIB NES game that gets put on eBay and I've seen multiple copies of all of these in the last few months. It is not uncommon for them to be pulled in the middle of the auction for a backdoor sale, so they don't come up in standard searches. In order of rarest first, I'd put it at:

• Sticker Seal SMB
  • Mega Man
  • LoZ TM
  • MTPO white
  • Rad Racer

The value of MTPO White Bullets has been skyrocketing since the big NIB sale, LoZ has dropped a bit, and Mega Man seems steady overall (a sealed MM just sold for $40,000!). Rad Racer is hit or miss since it's less known and the seller almost never mentions it, but I see it regularly.

Did anyone notice that the Sony PlayStation prototype was up to $350k, then back to like $250k, and now at $300k? Seems like some bids got pulled, strange. 

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I look at almost every single CIB NES game that gets put on eBay and I've seen multiple copies of all of these in the last few months. It is not uncommon for them to be pulled in the middle of the auction for a backdoor sale, so they don't come up in standard searches. In order of rarest first, I'd put it at:

• Sticker Seal SMB
  • Mega Man
  • LoZ TM
  • MTPO white
  • Rad Racer

The value of MTPO White Bullets has been skyrocketing since the big NIB sale, LoZ has dropped a bit, and Mega Man seems steady overall (a sealed MM just sold for $40,000!). Rad Racer is hit or miss since it's less known and the seller almost never mentions it, but I see it regularly.

Are people trying to make Rad Racer a thing? I've found a bunch of them in the wild since print run madness began. I haven't seen any of the other games sitting on a vendor table or game store for $30 yet.