Jump to content
IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how if your game is shit this is the description it gets: But otherwise you get one o' these novels: Note the SEO going on here聽"... most influential video game..." etc.

Eh my advice, just don't take it personally.聽 I don't understand the whole mentality of buying it for the collection but then immediately listing it for sale (even if price is obviously unreasonable)

@DefaultGen

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I still can't believe that there isn't viable competition in the auction space with huge buyer premiums like that.

And aren't there fairly substantial聽seller-side fees as well?

I mean, ebay is *RIGHT THERE* and still cant compete.

No idea why, but I don't think it's a money thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ebay is a nightmare. HA is risk free for the buyer and seller, no shenanigans, no item not as described, no cancelled orders, no non paying buyers. Not saying their fees aren't crazy high, but they offer a much better service for people who don't give AF about money.

Certified Link is the low-fee HA competition. The Chase the Chuck Wagon聽of the modern day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DefaultGen said:

Ebay is a nightmare. HA is risk free for the buyer and seller, no shenanigans, no item not as described, no cancelled orders, no non paying buyers. Not saying their fees aren't crazy high, but they offer a much better service for people who don't give AF about money.

Certified Link is the low-fee HA competition. The Chase the Chuck Wagon聽of the modern day.

I'm definitely not suggesting that eBay would be a viable alternative for high-dollar auctions like this.

Just surprised that there isn't another reputable boutique auctioneer, given how much these guys can pocket from a single-day auction event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Velvet_the_Elf said:

Best bargain?聽聽

Chatting here instead of bidding, CIB video games, non-NES games. Take you pick.聽

I know sealed people's tastes is an entirely different world than us normies, but seeing Renegade sell for more than Rockin' Kats sure surprised me. I don't know anyone who cares about Renegade but Rockin' Kats is in that cool uncommon/enthusiast-favorite聽sort of tier of NES games. Looks like Jone sold a Renegade for $600 recently, when was the last sealed Rockin Kats you sold buddy?

Edited by DefaultGen
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, jonebone said:

Mega Man was like $26k in the first few hours it was live.聽 When it was discussed on NA most people thought it was worth "at least $35k" anyway.聽 Trying to guess an exact spot is kinda pointless, someone will just have to bid whatever it is worth to them if they wanted to win it.

Sad story, I was the underbidder on that exact game when it was auctioned raw on eBay 3-4 years ago? @Jedisam2013聽won it for like $6500 or $7k IIRC and I was #2.聽 It got graded at 85+ then聽sold聽to Dain for a private amount.聽GoCollect bought it and regraded to Wata, there it is now.聽

Sold Raw for $6500. Today for $75K. Wild stuff man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

If they are making $10k+ in buyer-side fees on an auction like this I would HOPE the seller-side fees are negotiable!

On the one hand, that鈥檚 understandable. On the other, sellers are still making way more there than the competition most of the time. It more than makes up for it.聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Chatting here instead of bidding, CIB video games, non-NES games. Take you pick.聽

I know sealed people's tastes is an entirely different world than us normies, but seeing Renegade sell for more than Rockin' Kats sure surprised me. I don't know anyone who cares about Renegade but Rockin' Kats is in that cool uncommon/enthusiast-favorite聽sort of tier of NES games. Looks like Jone sold a Renegade for $600 recently, when was the last sealed Rockin Kats you sold buddy?

Rockin Kats went cheap, yes. I鈥檇 expect for the time being for more obscure games like that to stay low for a bit, then jump up when we get population reports etc. Same for Uninvited.

I won the Dragon Warrior 9.6/A+ for like $2300 with BP, and I gotta say I鈥檓 thrilled. The 1HP variant in mint condition with no sun fading is very聽difficult to come across. My maximum was a lot higher. I only bid on DW and made a good run at Contra, but enough was enough at some point lol...

Edited by ExplodedHamster
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Chatting here instead of bidding, CIB video games, non-NES games. Take you pick.聽

I know sealed people's tastes is an entirely different world than us normies, but seeing Renegade sell for more than Rockin' Kats sure surprised me. I don't know anyone who cares about Renegade but Rockin' Kats is in that cool uncommon/enthusiast-favorite聽sort of tier of NES games. Looks like Jone sold a Renegade for $600 recently, when was the last sealed Rockin Kats you sold buddy?

That Renegade I sold was probably a 9.6 A to A+ too. All of the games I've had from that batch have been 9.4 to 9.6 A to A+.

I had interest in the Rockin Kats too, but basically I had interest in everything just to make sure nothing went too cheap. I'd say that one closed fair, and it was a former VGA 90.

@Velvet_the_Elf聽My personal pick for cheapest game was Excitebike at 3k or 3600 BP. You can't get round seal black box games that cheap in that condition other than Pinball these days. Maybe Golf or Hogan but everything else is a tier up.聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jonebone said:

That Renegade I sold was probably a 9.6 A to A+ too. All of the games I've had from that batch have been 9.4 to 9.6 A to A+.

I had interest in the Rockin Kats too, but basically I had interest in everything just to make sure nothing went too cheap. I'd say that one closed fair, and it was a former VGA 90.

@Velvet_the_Elf聽My personal pick for cheapest game was Excitebike at 3k or 3600 BP. You can't get round seal black box games that cheap in that condition other than Pinball these days. Maybe Golf or Hogan but everything else is a tier up.聽

I agree with Excitebike.

It's one of the super fun black box games, and even has sequels on the Nintendo 64, and Wii. It's a really important non-Mario black box game IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

There's an Excitebike sequel on Wii?

They're kinda good and totally worthless. Maybe they don't hold up, but I had fun with both games. Excitebots came out in 2009 so it wasn't even just the Wii honeymoon phase when I liked it.

Edited by DefaultGen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

  • Create New...