IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

9 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I still can't believe that there isn't viable competition in the auction space with huge buyer premiums like that.

And aren't there fairly substantial seller-side fees as well?

I mean, ebay is *RIGHT THERE* and still cant compete.

No idea why, but I don't think it's a money thing.

Moderator · Posted
11 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I still can't believe that there isn't viable competition in the auction space with huge buyer premiums like that.

And aren't there fairly substantial seller-side fees as well?

Apparently the seller side fees are very negotiable. 

Ebay is a nightmare. HA is risk free for the buyer and seller, no shenanigans, no item not as described, no cancelled orders, no non paying buyers. Not saying their fees aren't crazy high, but they offer a much better service for people who don't give AF about money.

Certified Link is the low-fee HA competition. The Chase the Chuck Wagon of the modern day.

Just now, DefaultGen said:

Ebay is a nightmare. HA is risk free for the buyer and seller, no shenanigans, no item not as described, no cancelled orders, no non paying buyers. Not saying their fees aren't crazy high, but they offer a much better service for people who don't give AF about money.

Certified Link is the low-fee HA competition. The Chase the Chuck Wagon of the modern day.

I'm definitely not suggesting that eBay would be a viable alternative for high-dollar auctions like this.

Just surprised that there isn't another reputable boutique auctioneer, given how much these guys can pocket from a single-day auction event.

13 minutes ago, Velvet_the_Elf said:

Best bargain?  

Chatting here instead of bidding, CIB video games, non-NES games. Take you pick. 

I know sealed people's tastes is an entirely different world than us normies, but seeing Renegade sell for more than Rockin' Kats sure surprised me. I don't know anyone who cares about Renegade but Rockin' Kats is in that cool uncommon/enthusiast-favorite sort of tier of NES games. Looks like Jone sold a Renegade for $600 recently, when was the last sealed Rockin Kats you sold buddy?

Edited by DefaultGen

On 11/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, jonebone said:

Mega Man was like $26k in the first few hours it was live.  When it was discussed on NA most people thought it was worth "at least $35k" anyway.  Trying to guess an exact spot is kinda pointless, someone will just have to bid whatever it is worth to them if they wanted to win it.

Sad story, I was the underbidder on that exact game when it was auctioned raw on eBay 3-4 years ago? @Jedisam2013 won it for like $6500 or $7k IIRC and I was #2.  It got graded at 85+ then sold to Dain for a private amount. GoCollect bought it and regraded to Wata, there it is now. 

Sold Raw for $6500. Today for $75K. Wild stuff man.

45 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

If they are making $10k+ in buyer-side fees on an auction like this I would HOPE the seller-side fees are negotiable!

On the one hand, that’s understandable. On the other, sellers are still making way more there than the competition most of the time. It more than makes up for it. 

40 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Chatting here instead of bidding, CIB video games, non-NES games. Take you pick. 

I know sealed people's tastes is an entirely different world than us normies, but seeing Renegade sell for more than Rockin' Kats sure surprised me. I don't know anyone who cares about Renegade but Rockin' Kats is in that cool uncommon/enthusiast-favorite sort of tier of NES games. Looks like Jone sold a Renegade for $600 recently, when was the last sealed Rockin Kats you sold buddy?

Rockin Kats went cheap, yes. I’d expect for the time being for more obscure games like that to stay low for a bit, then jump up when we get population reports etc. Same for Uninvited.

I won the Dragon Warrior 9.6/A+ for like $2300 with BP, and I gotta say I’m thrilled. The 1HP variant in mint condition with no sun fading is very difficult to come across. My maximum was a lot higher. I only bid on DW and made a good run at Contra, but enough was enough at some point lol...

Edited by ExplodedHamster

39 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

That Renegade I sold was probably a 9.6 A to A+ too. All of the games I've had from that batch have been 9.4 to 9.6 A to A+.

I had interest in the Rockin Kats too, but basically I had interest in everything just to make sure nothing went too cheap. I'd say that one closed fair, and it was a former VGA 90.

@Velvet_the_Elf My personal pick for cheapest game was Excitebike at 3k or 3600 BP. You can't get round seal black box games that cheap in that condition other than Pinball these days. Maybe Golf or Hogan but everything else is a tier up. 

Just now, jonebone said:

That Renegade I sold was probably a 9.6 A to A+ too. All of the games I've had from that batch have been 9.4 to 9.6 A to A+.

I had interest in the Rockin Kats too, but basically I had interest in everything just to make sure nothing went too cheap. I'd say that one closed fair, and it was a former VGA 90.

@Velvet_the_Elf My personal pick for cheapest game was Excitebike at 3k or 3600 BP. You can't get round seal black box games that cheap in that condition other than Pinball these days. Maybe Golf or Hogan but everything else is a tier up. 

I agree with Excitebike.

It's one of the super fun black box games, and even has sequels on the Nintendo 64, and Wii. It's a really important non-Mario black box game IMO.

3 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

There's an Excitebike sequel on Wii?

Excite Truck and Excite Bots. They''re really good.

When I first heard about Excite Truck, I expected to be jumping ramps with a tractor trailer, which is sadly not included. It's SUVs and pickup trucks.

12 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

There's an Excitebike sequel on Wii?

They're kinda good and totally worthless. Maybe they don't hold up, but I had fun with both games. Excitebots came out in 2009 so it wasn't even just the Wii honeymoon phase when I liked it.

Edited by DefaultGen