IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

2 hours ago, doner24 said:

That he should send all his VGA stuff to Wata to reslab and send to Heritage 🤷‍♂️ 

Plot twist: he’s part of a syndicate that’s buying up all the WATA auctions on HA, to spur people to buy up all the VGA to then re-slab at WATA.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For those questioning the Pokemon prices, its just bleedover from the card market. Bear in mind these high grade 1st-print gen-1 Pokemon games might actually be rarer than some of these crazy expensive cards. Anyway even though I don't love live playing Pokemon and am not into the cards, i am totally into the Pokemon "meta game". Gotta catch 'em all! (Talking about collecting all the main series Pokemon video games.)

That said, be warned, this can't end well. 

Edited by Grondorr

• 3 weeks later...

$120 for the nice Castlevania III with the trip insert. Poor seller spent $50+ grading and shipping that to get less than Ebay prices.

I don't know if you'll convince me anything is more interesting than a 8.0 CIB Left Bros outselling a sealed 8.0 B+ Right Bros... Left Bros had a 7.5 box, so technically the Right Bros was even nicer and sealed. The Left Bros madness man.

vpstNAB.png

• Like 1

I guess also the JP OOT sold for $660, which in a vacuum is a super high price, but it was literally the same price as the CIB Australian OOT CE in worse condition that was right before it. So this market values lower condition CIB Australian games over new Japanese games. This world continues to fascinate me.

QMccCaY.png

• Haha 2

On 12/14/2020 at 6:48 PM, DefaultGen said:

I guess also the JP OOT sold for $660, which in a vacuum is a super high price, but it was literally the same price as the CIB Australian OOT CE in worse condition that was right before it. So this market values lower condition CIB Australian games over new Japanese games. This world continues to fascinate me.

QMccCaY.png

As somebody who has been through numerous variations of this hobby, it does not surprise me at all.

Regardless of condition the Australian release closely resembles the U.S. market release. Which might have caused bidders to believe they are going to get a deal on a game that could cost more if they went for a U.S. release. Personally speaking, if 2020 was both a rational and sane year my guess is that it would have sold for $375 AUD (before fees).

As for being one of those who collect Japanese releases... That price feels spot-on. With reasons being that Japanese variants of select games go for less, even if it is the rarer of two versions. But I have also concluded that buyers will pay more for something that is recognizable to them. Just like some pay more for a higher grade than its rarity.

Beyond that, both myself and imaginary Werner Herzog agree with you.

Edited by FenrirZero
Added 'AUD' to $375 price.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

QMccCaY.png

Don’t know about the price for the Japanese OoT but that price for the Australian OoT is absolutely crazy.

You can get an Australian OoT in that condition or better for $200-$300AUD max.

The game was only ever sold here in the collectors edition packing as far as I am aware so there are millions of these floating around.

I actually don’t think this buyer will ever make their money back unless they find another HA sucker.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

$120 for the nice Castlevania III with the trip insert. Poor seller spent $50+ grading and shipping that to get less than Ebay prices.

I don't know if you'll convince me anything is more interesting than a 8.0 CIB Left Bros outselling a sealed 8.0 B+ Right Bros... Left Bros had a 7.5 box, so technically the Right Bros was even nicer and sealed. The Left Bros madness man.

vpstNAB.png

$50? It's $85 minimum to grade a CIB and was $75 (no one uses Select I hope).  Those mid level CIBs would do better on eBay.  No one wants to pay the tax + $30 or $40 shipping on a $150 game.  Sell that direct collector to collector or eBay and it would pull closer to $225-$250 IMO.  Due to the sheer cost of grading, anyone collecting graded CIBs will bite at a certain floor, especially if any components are decent.  

I underestimated the Left Bros madness too, the sealed right is a much better buy there.  Having said that, I think everyone who collects graded NES will want a graded Left Bros CIB... just that this is nowhwere near as rare as White Bullets Tyson, Zelda TM, etc.  It was a much later release and massively produced.  They'll be a good amount of SMB Lefts to choose from, at least CIB.  Sealed probably not as much, but again, I don't think sealed Left Bros is  nearly as rare as some hangtab NES for example.  Population on one will increase faster than the other. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 10:03 PM, Shmup said:

Don’t know about the price for the Japanese OoT but that price for the Australian OoT is absolutely crazy.

You can get an Australian OoT in that condition or better for $200-$300AUD max.

The game was only ever sold here in the collectors edition packing as far as I am aware so there are millions of these floating around.

I actually don’t think this buyer will ever make their money back unless they find another HA sucker.

Just to reiterate, the Zelda OOT in Australia in 7.5 WATA condition is just about the commonest thing to find in Australia for N64 CIB. They were only ever sold as a Collectors edition, and most boxes I see is in that sort of range (7.5) or in better condition. 

So with collector speak, I might offer $550 US for a CIB 9.6-9.8. For the 7.5 item, I might offer $150US and nothing more.

One really has to wonder, who bothers to sign up on HA, spend the time to read through all the rules and regulations, but then not even bother to do one minute of research on eBay?

7A146FEC-2E35-4D46-AFC1-9F97A8E7431A.thumb.png.26668ce57912eb41ddcf66a5f220797e.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, OptOut said:

Yep.

And, moreover, it's a good thing someone else's opinion of someone else's decision doesn't effect YOU personally, right? 😉

correct. for me instance... none of this effects me. you don’t have to be effected just to point out the idiocy of others.