IGNORED

Beat the SNES Library - 305/714

I have finally beaten 7th Saga! Wow, what a slog in the second half of the game. I spent hours upon hours just grinding levels and money for better equipment. This was way too harsh. Also, I only managed to beat Esuna with that resurrection glitch. Otherwise it would probably have been impossible. This game's balancing is just so messed up. I don't think I will ever feel the desire to come back to this one. I might try the Japanese version one day since that one's supposed to be much easier and better balanced. But even that probably won't be able to hide that this game is very monotonous and repetitive. Every area just almost exactly the same, most of the monsters are just reskins of older enemies and it drags on for a bit too long. I think I might have invested around 40 hours in this game, when it felt like half the amount would have been more appropriate. As for the plot, it was quite interesting at times, although I think that there might be a time paradox at the end? It didn't feel quite logical. Whatever, I'm happy to finally have beaten this game, one of the hardest 16 bit RPGs!

Now I can spend more time on the NES challenge Thread again.

7th Saga.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the clear!

I know that The 7th Saga is supposed to be quite difficult..., and it does require some grinding to get past certain parts for sure, but for some reason, every time that I played through this games, it never really seemed overly difficult.  (And if I recall correctly, I played through the entire game once with each character being the main character and twice for Esuna.)  Now, I did pretty much every time let the Sky Rune Apprentice join me, so I was able to avoid that fight, which is supposed to be one of, if not the most difficult fights in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and my younger bro used to play Super Double Dragon as kids, and tonight we tried it for the first time in about 15 years. We beat it first try but with one sliver of health on the last life. We never beat it as kids. I took out the last boss and about 10 other guys with half a health bar and it really just comes down to understanding the fundamentals of beat em up games, which really got drilled into my fingers when I was in college and me and my roommate beat DD2, by far the hardest DD game imo. DD1 was harder than SDD because of platforming, DD3 is about the same difficulty as long as you can do the spin kick easily, Neon was longer but you can save progress. Im actually not sure if this counts as a clear for our purposes because it gave me a neutral ending, it said something like "we never found the girls but we became known as fighting legends." We were kinda celebrating and almost missed it. I remember DD2 pulled the same BS and actually that game has a hidden final level you can only get to by playing on supreme master difficulty. Me and my roommate read that and decided to just gamegenie to that level and beat it lol I have no idea if SDD has a similar hidden level but for now I dont have much interest in harder difficulties.

gHp6sTT.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Minicham said:

Hi guys please let me know if someone know where I can find info on how to beat Super Scope 6. I can't find info about how to beat this game. Thanks in advance.

These were the win conditions used for an older version of this thread:

Blastris A & B - Finish one level on highest difficulty ... gameplay is endless otherwise
Mole Patrol - Finish level 30 in Stage Game, and complete one round of Score Mode
LazerBlaster - Finish level 30 in EACH of the three subgames

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 10:52 PM, Andykin Skysk8r said:

Me and my younger bro used to play Super Double Dragon as kids, and tonight we tried it for the first time in about 15 years. We beat it first try but with one sliver of health on the last life. We never beat it as kids. I took out the last boss and about 10 other guys with half a health bar and it really just comes down to understanding the fundamentals of beat em up games, which really got drilled into my fingers when I was in college and me and my roommate beat DD2, by far the hardest DD game imo. DD1 was harder than SDD because of platforming, DD3 is about the same difficulty as long as you can do the spin kick easily, Neon was longer but you can save progress. Im actually not sure if this counts as a clear for our purposes because it gave me a neutral ending, it said something like "we never found the girls but we became known as fighting legends." We were kinda celebrating and almost missed it. I remember DD2 pulled the same BS and actually that game has a hidden final level you can only get to by playing on supreme master difficulty. Me and my roommate read that and decided to just gamegenie to that level and beat it lol I have no idea if SDD has a similar hidden level but for now I dont have much interest in harder difficulties.

gHp6sTT.jpg

I guess I missed that still being on the list. I'm glad that you beat it so I didn't have to. It's almost as bad as Double Dragon 3.

I'm looking to double check on the requirement for Clue.  It has no default difficulty level.  Instead the game requires the player to select 1 of 5 levels in order to start the game - Amateur, gumshoe, Sleuth, P.I. and Detective.  So I'm just wondering if Sleuth is the requirement or if any setting will do.

• 2 weeks later...