MrWunderful

• 2 weeks later...

Knocked some off the set:

image.thumb.jpg.6717de66552c550e8626bb6d0bb86351.jpg

variants:

5 screw zelda

red label blades of steel

tengen tetris and pac mania

and my dude @TylerBarnes music release, Moonfall (outstanding btw)

image.thumb.jpg.e1d4a156c4f1e4f849058c82389b3284.jpg

getting pretty close, but my collecting for NES cart only is getting re-invigorated for variants/unlicensed etc. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

AB1EDF52-8EF6-40FE-BB87-DF79C16C9582.jpeg.33c19628e23c3ab724592eb6afc12f2f.jpeg

Got 2 harder ones off the list. Nothing exciting, just watched eBay saved searches until a clean copy popped up Of each. That marker isnt sharpie, will come off easy. 

Think Im going to leave it though, I actually dont mind clean marker names on carts!

I thought I had 2 left -

nobunaga 2 

wizards and warriors 3

but I just realized I need namco pacman (grey) so its actually 3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

AB1EDF52-8EF6-40FE-BB87-DF79C16C9582.jpeg.33c19628e23c3ab724592eb6afc12f2f.jpeg

Got 2 harder ones off the list. Nothing exciting, just watched eBay saved searches until a clean copy popped up Of each. That marker isnt sharpie, will come off easy. 

Think Im going to leave it though, I actually dont mind clean marker names on carts!

I thought I had 2 left -

nobunaga 2 

wizards and warriors 3

but I just realized I need namco pacman (grey) so its actually 3. 

nice !  good luck with finishing it!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So I Stopped actually buying games (or even thinking about collecting- still played) for a year or so, and focused on other stuff.  I actually finished my full NTSC-us set minus SE before I had stopped, too. 

I Trimmed down a lot of non-cart based stuff to focus my collection.   hope @Reed Rothchildand @docile tapeworm enjoy some of those games. (And anyone else who I sold to, thanks)

For the near future I am going to Get back into 3-screw/5screw, Revision and label art variants, and after that I will tackle unlicensed. Went on a bit of a spree after my PP account got stacked from some sales and was sick of looking at it. Stand by for some pics. 

• Like 4

Graphics Team · Posted

@MrWunderful - what a great thread, dude! I especially like all those PAL additions.

How many of the PAL exclusives do you have? I've always wondered about what would make up a "region-free" licensed NES set (as in, one of every game released for the NES (excluding Famicom) regardless of region).

-CasualCart

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

@MrWunderful - what a great thread, dude! I especially like all those PAL additions.

How many of the PAL exclusives do you have? I've always wondered about what would make up a "region-free" licensed NES set (as in, one of every game released for the NES (excluding Famicom) regardless of region).

-CasualCart

Thanks! I am still missing a few. And I am sure I will be after that set at some point. One day when I need something to do I will make a shopping list for the specific PAL-A, and PAL-B carts I still need. 

• Like 1

Wanted To show some quick love for this Famicom Box game (Golf) that came in the famicom box and famicom station. 

Original, Black plastic,5-Screw case 🥰

0B660A44-0C8C-4D19-9B83-BE8241E7E1BE.jpeg.39c4d8809a3c454293562e70f2a7d858.jpeg

2BC90D67-961B-49E3-B993-0799FE267C8F.jpeg.f792962ffd1102d7e28d0670ce6e6053.jpeg

Wonder if it has an adapter. I will have to pop it open soon. 

Its surprising how high quality the cart plastic feels compared to modern reproduction cartridges, even normal 3-screws carts. Has a noticeable weight to it too. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I applaud the attempt at FF7 for the NES but I didnt care for the port (hack?)

Confused.

You don't like the bootleg altered version that hobbyists did, or you don't like the original backport that the Chinese company did, or you don't like both?

8 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Confused.

You don't like the bootleg altered version that hobbyists did, or you don't like the original backport that the Chinese company did, or you don't like both?

Ive only played the chinese one. 

021CF152-46C2-44B2-8188-22B804BD12D7.jpeg.1ea2c8241c15e9a87471c897235317b6.jpeg

Shout out to the testing team for Baleful sonata @spacepup 

@JamesRobot

Anyone else who made the voyage. 

• Like 3

5 screw collection as it sits now. FA73743D-ED32-4E50-AED7-DAAEF70E8F0E.jpeg.543061a75e330aea764565cc0477a543.jpeg

If you see the “common” 5screw games here, it means I have the 3screw version displayed with the other carts. 

Couple decent ones, but I really want some of the grail ones. 

If you have a 5er you dont see here and want to sell, dm me if its mint or near mint. 

• Like 3