IGNORED

The 3DS Thread

On 10/30/2019 at 4:13 PM, hassangba said:

What do you mean port over? Like, you will make a port with homebrew to 3DS?

I think he means porting over the thread he saved from NA. I have a few more I created that I will port over eventually. Glad I saved what I could while I had the chance. 

Anywho, I'll kick it off. Some awesome 3DS games I've played and can vouch for are 

Shovel knight
Fire emblem Awakening
Fire emblem echoes
Fire emblem fates
Pokemon x and y
Mario kart 7
Cave story 3D
NES remix
Azure striker gunvolt
Star fox 64
Zelda OOT
Zelda link between worlds
Witch and hero 1, 2 and 3
Pocket card jockey
Fan translated version of dragon quest monsters joker 3 (actually my favorite 3DS game)
Super smash bros

Some games I'm sure are good but I haven't played are

Bravely default 1 and 2
Shantae
Xenoblade
Radiant historia
Mega man legacy collection

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Stella Glow, Ever Oasis, and Code of Princess are games that every 3DS owner should play

I'm happy to see someone else mention Stella Glow. I thought it was amazing but I haven't seen it praised before.

I also liked Monster Hunter Stories and Shinobi, which are 2 other games that I think need more credit.

I'm currently playing Etrian Odyssey V (close to 100% complete on the hardest setting). It's the best game in the series but sticks to the standard Etrian Odyssey formula and doesn't try anything new. If you like Etrian Odyssey (or dungeon crawlers in general) you should enjoy it.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2019 at 1:25 PM, BreaKBeatZ said:

I also liked Monster Hunter Stories and Shinobi, which are 2 other games that I think need more credit.

Ahhh yes - Monster Hunter Stories was actually quite fantastic.. I forgot I beat that as well this year! (or was it last year?)  Anyway, I got to the hunts for high-rank monsters, but really never did too much after that.. Didn't know anyone else to PvP against at that point

monster_hunter_stories_cast.png

• Like 1

Had I time for collecting for real still I'd probably be sitting at more than around a dozen DS and 3DS games respectively but I like to play things.  3DS has a fairly incredible library of stuff.  I've only bought to keep like 2 games over this year and last (Metroid, Luigis Mansion 1), though I did try that Mario & Luigi remake but it bored me as GBA was good enough.  The last unique one I got maybe in that time early on was Hatsune Miku as that's just fun.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:27 PM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Ambiguous news this week that the 3DS will have some new content in 2020!  Any new games is nothing but a good thing

Well this is certainly exciting. I wonder what's coming out. 

On 11/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, Pendragonx said:

Ahhh yes - Monster Hunter Stories was actually quite fantastic.. I forgot I beat that as well this year! (or was it last year?)  Anyway, I got to the hunts for high-rank monsters, but really never did too much after that.. Didn't know anyone else to PvP against at that point

monster_hunter_stories_cast.png

I really really wanted to like monster hunter stories and I did, but after a while it just became tedious and not enjoyable. I never actually ended up finishing it.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:52 PM, kapitank00 said:

Man I really need to start collecting 3DS games. So much fantastic stuff, I've only played a few but Kid Icarus is one of my favorite games.

Just need to buy a new battery for mine...

Yes you do lol. Check out cave story 3d if you haven't already. Very solid game.

1 hour ago, Makar said:

I really really wanted to like monster hunter stories and I did, but after a while it just became tedious and not enjoyable. I never actually ended up finishing it.

Ah too bad.. The ending was pretty great.. But eh, to each their own .. I have a ton of games I never finished either 

On 11/11/2019 at 8:44 PM, Pendragonx said:

Ah too bad.. The ending was pretty great.. But eh, to each their own .. I have a ton of games I never finished either 

It wasn't a bad game by any means but it was just drawn out too much. Same thing with Mario and Luigi dream team. Good game, just went on forever so I never finished that either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Alright, The DS Thread™ is alive and kicking so let's resurrect this fucker.  And I swear that OP will get updated any day now...

Dunno if it's a temporary effect from the COVID mass insanity, but all of the Shin Megami Tensei games have risen pretty good.  Might be a good time to try and get a copy of some of the platform's best games while you have a chance.  Can't imagine too much of this stuff is gonna get ported to other systems.image.png.3b70ab287015f960bad775192d76f827.png

It might be bc they're good games. I remember a could of those games were constantly on clearance for $20 at Amazon and best buy. I would be surprised if they sold poorly enough to be rare but I know they are sought after games. Most people who bought them aren't likely going to be quick to put them up. 

I'm kicking myself bc I was putting offers in on these games in February trying to get good prices and they just started taking off. 

Best buy has the current release on clearance now:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey-redux-nintendo-3ds/5957716.p?skuId=5957716

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

It's nice to see this thread again. Two or three months ago, I decided to go for the fullset. I'm at 60% right now but it's geting harder to find titles here in Brazil. I managed to get a lot of great deals on some rare games but there's a lot of games that I just can't find it here and people aren't willing to ship it here if I buy them on ebay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
11 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It might be bc they're good games. I remember a could of those games were constantly on clearance for $20 at Amazon and best buy. I would be surprised if they sold poorly enough to be rare but I know they are sought after games. Most people who bought them aren't likely going to be quick to put them up. 

I'm kicking myself bc I was putting offers in on these games in February trying to get good prices and they just started taking off. 

Best buy has the current release on clearance now:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey-redux-nintendo-3ds/5957716.p?skuId=5957716

Looks like Persona Q2 is already out of print.  Came out a year ago, and was on sale for clearance prices by Black Friday.

Funny that Strange Journey seemingly got a larger print run.  Or maybe it just hasn't sold as fast.

56 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Looks like Persona Q2 is already out of print.  Came out a year ago, and was on sale for clearance prices by Black Friday.

Funny that Strange Journey seemingly got a larger print run.  Or maybe it just hasn't sold as fast.

SMT games are on fire after SMT 5 trailer on Switch.

I’m definitely glad I picked up these late 3DS releases. I may go for a full set if I can locate the Barbie game at a fair price.

57 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

WOW I remember passing that one up on BF too 😩😩

I think the Switch might be effecting 3ds prices in 2 ways.

1) gamers have been brought out of hibernation with the success of the Switch and are catching up on a lot of the games theyve missed, like the Disgaea and Persona franchise which makes them aware of the 3DS games and makes the demand more than what it was when the games were released.

2) The Switch is largely legitimizing handheld gaming like we haven't seen before. Most people thought of handheld gaming like a Gameboy game or a phone game and not like BOTW. Now 3DS and Vita are getting a ton of interest, especially the most playable games which include RPGs. 

One thing I do worry about is how easy the 3DS is to mod and how available all the games are on the internet. I know that hasn't slowed down Saturn or Dreamcast collecting or prices but it still makes me wonder how much of a demand physical games can have considering how simple it is to play them all after about an hour of tinkering, downloads and installs

1 hour ago, DeuceGamer said:

SMT games are on fire after SMT 5 trailer on Switch.

I’m definitely glad I picked up these late 3DS releases. I may go for a full set if I can locate the Barbie game at a fair price.

Right now, my biggest problem is finding any copy of Barbie. Since I started to go for the fullset, I have yet to find a CIB copy for sale. 

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

One thing I do worry about is how easy the 3DS is to mod and how available all the games are on the internet. I know that hasn't slowed down Saturn or Dreamcast collecting or prices but it still makes me wonder how much of a demand physical games can have considering how simple it is to play them all after about an hour of tinkering, downloads and installs

I don't think it will be a big problem for the collecting scene. You can play any game from the previous gens on almost any console you want and that hasn't made prices lower at all.

What I find interesting about the 3DS is the size of the library. It's smaller than the GBC library. I think that once people notice this, they will go for it. It helps that the cases are a lot better than the cardboard boxes from previous handheld gens.