IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Official Tournament Thread!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

OK, this is the moment of truth  you all were waiting for.

There will be no elimination during the 3 weeks of the tournament.
Instead, the players will earn points for their placement at a given round and the player with the most points will win.
For the first 2 rounds, the points will be awarded in the following fashion:

• 1st - 20
  • 2nd - 18
  • 3rd - 16
  • 4th - 14
  • 5th - 10
  • 6th - 8
  • 7th - 6
  • 8th - 5
  • 9th - 4
  • 10th - 3
  • 11th - 2
  • 12th - 1

For the last and final round, there will be more points to be gained:

• 1st - 45
  • 2nd - 40
  • 3rd - 38
  • 4th - 36
  • 5th - 34
  • 6th - 30
  • 7th - 16
  • 8th - 15
  • 9th - 14
  • 10th - 13
  • 11th - 12
  • 12th - 11

I will post the thread for the first round tomorrow, but the games officially begin on November 10th.
Get ready!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted

Winning the first two rounds gives you leeway to finish 2nd place on the last game if the same player takes 2nd in the first two rounds and then finish 1st.

But if the player that won the first two rounds ends 3rd on the last round, he will have 78 points whereas the players that finished 2nd on the first two rounds and won the last will have 81 points.
And this is an scenario considering two dominating players. I think we will have a more chaotic placement distribution during those rounds.
It will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Winning the first two rounds gives you leeway to finish 2nd place on the last game if the same player takes 2nd in the first two rounds and then finish 1st.

But if the player that won the first two rounds ends 3rd on the last round, he will have 78 points whereas the players that finished 2nd on the first two rounds and won the last will have 81 points.
And this is an scenario considering two dominating players. I think we will have a more chaotic placement distribution during those rounds.
It will be interesting to see.

I think this is a lot more balanced than the old format where someone could just make the cutoff in the first two rounds and win the tournament by getting a lucky draw with the final game being something they are great at. I also like that everyone plays the entire tournament so the opposite doesn't happen where you have a top player get eliminated in the first round because they didn't happen to be good at that specific game when they may have had a legitimate shot to win the next two rounds. Good luck everybody!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug