IGNORED

Just finished my first cib set! (N64)

hyrulevyse

The last two pieces I needed (Stunt Racer manual and ISS 2000 cart) both arrived yesterday.  Even though N64 isn't my favorite I really have enjoyed collecting for it.  Cardboard and carts is more fun than discs and cases.

Plus I happened upon this cabinet 2 1/2 years ago and had to fill it with something 😊

IMG_20191024_185310.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Congratulations!!

What a gorgeous cab, very jealous of how perfect that looks hah

Does that tv have a vhs player built into it? You need a promo 64 tape to run when showing off to really seal the deal.

It actually has a VCD player built in, used to run these discs with Nintendo Power Previews if you want to youtube them.  I can't quite get the tv to work properly as all the buttons on the front are disabled.  I assume it's in "retail mode" or whatever, I synced a universal remote and can do a few things but 'playing vcd' isn't one of them.  

• Like 1

Way cool!  I remember attending a classic gaming convention back in 2004 and my buddy was hoarding N64 stuff.  He would say "look at this mint DOOM, everything included, only $5?? Can you believe it??"  I would shake my head and laugh, of course I can believe it...nobody collects N64 man!! Yeah, he got the last laugh while I'm over here paying 100 bucks for Conker because now I decide I want it haha.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, hyrulevyse said:

It actually has a VCD player built in, used to run these discs with Nintendo Power Previews if you want to youtube them.  I can't quite get the tv to work properly as all the buttons on the front are disabled.  I assume it's in "retail mode" or whatever, I synced a universal remote and can do a few things but 'playing vcd' isn't one of them.

Wow! Ok that kinda makes it cooler because vcd was such a blip in the transition of formats. I hope you can get it working eventually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyrulevyse said:

Now that is genuinely unfortunate. I'd love to have a setup like that that just played old promo material all day. Would really seal the whole deal. Still... that is one heck of an achievement and display case. Congrats!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, m308gunner said:

Now that is genuinely unfortunate. I'd love to have a setup like that that just played old promo material all day. Would really seal the whole deal. Still... that is one heck of an achievement and display case. Congrats!

It is unfortunate but not a huge deal.  I could just run a vcr to it if I was desperate to have something playing on the screen.  But I have a local-ish tech that I'm confident could get it up and running if anything truly needs repaired.  Just have to find time to get it to him.

3 minutes ago, RalliArtEvo said:

Congrats! Looks great in that retail case. 

Any plans for completing more sets in the future?

Other than N64 the only one I've ever really tried to complete was Turbografx/Duo.  I'm 3 away from those two so I'll probably get that done at some point.

Outside if turbo though I'd say Dreamcast would be the next candidate as I have roughly half the library already.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

@drxandy vcd was actually hugely popular in Taiwan it seems, and I'd imagine likewise in other Asian countries like Thailand.

@op: very very cool setup, I'm also going for an N64 full set yet not CIB.

Oh yeah, for sure I have a few Kung Fu flicks on vcd that are total Hong Kong productions boxed away somewhere. In the states it never got the love that elsewhere did and to find a dedicated vcd player is really rare in the wild here. A lot of DVD players did support vcd though, but by that point DVD was superior.

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, acomicbookguyc said:

Congrats! I'm still going on 6+ years trying to finish the set lol

Man, glad to see you posting on here! It is awesome to see all these familiar NA faces popping up every day on VGS!

Enjoy your stay, and get back to the NES weekly competition when you have some time🙂

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, hyrulevyse said:

The last two pieces I needed (Stunt Racer manual and ISS 2000 cart) both arrived yesterday.  Even though N64 isn't my favorite I really have enjoyed collecting for it.  Cardboard and carts is more fun than discs and cases.

Plus I happened upon this cabinet 2 1/2 years ago and had to fill it with something 😊

I saw this picture on reddit and I was struck by how awesome the set looks in that cabinet. I was showing everyone at work and they thought it was cool too 😛  

• Like 1