IGNORED

Gloves does Extra Life 2019!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

Day 2 Update!

I'm going to be doing the second part of my stream this Saturday, December 21st! I'll be getting up and starting around 8-9am, and honestly just givin' 'er 'til I give out!

Come join me as I play games to raise money for kids!

It's that time of year again! TOMORROW is Game Day!

I've been so busy lately I've not had a whole lot of time to prep and post about this, but tomorrow I am doing my annual 24 hour gaming marathon live on Twitch!

Join me as I play games to raise funds for Sick Kids hospital here in Toronto through Extra Life!

Any donations are so appreciated, this charity really does mean a lot to me! If you can donate please pop by my donor page here:

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=348327

I'll be starting at around 8 or 9am EST and going for the full 24 hours. If you make a donation you can request a game! I'm currently setting up the graphics and all my consoles so it should be easier to switch between them and play whatever is requested (or whatever I feel like playing, barring any requests). Hopefully it goes nice and smooth, and hopefully I see some of you there!

Really looking forward to it, please do come say hi!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Moderator · Posted

The webpage said it didn’t go through, but I got the confirmation email, so hopefully it went through alright.

My game request: Dick Tracy on the NES 😈

Good luck on the fundraiser! Still kicking myself for not bidding on a copy of Shmup Speed, heaven knows I need the practice.

75CF10FB-9301-4CA7-8248-E816A9FD7B5C.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah the Extra Life site is under heavy load. On Twitter they say to keep trying. This happens sometimes due to the amount of people participating. 😞

I tried using a card directly and after I filled everything out and it said it didn't go through, so I tried PayPal and it did the same thing, but I got a PayPal confirmation email. When I checked my online banking account apparently both donations went through and were charged to my account. I don't mind donating extra (Hey, it's for a good cause!), but if people are getting that message saying it didn't go through on the site they might want to double check with their bank's website to make sure.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Administrator · Posted

Ok guys, so unfortunately the compounding technical issues with both Extra Life themselves (a DDoS attack) and my own connections failing (especially my Elgato), I have decided to split this into two sessions. The first today was great despite everything, I really want to thank all of you who came by, it truly means the world to me.

But I don't want to half-ass anything and it simply makes sense to me to give the best go possible, so I'll be back in a few weeks with another 12+ hour stream to raise funds, this time with a functioning (not 10 or so years old) capture card, so I can play console games as I had originally planned.

Extra Life has confirmed that they are indeed suffering from a DDoS attack, and encourage us to hang in there and keep trying the donation pages. HOWEVER - I'll ask that anyone who was going to donate just sorta wait a day or so. I hope that despite the technical issues on their end you can find the time to come back and donate as every bit really does help the kids and this is a charity that's really important to me personally.

Thanks again for all the support, and look for another update here soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw on the Extra Life Twitter that it was a DDos attack. There have to be some messed up people out there to try and ruin a charity event. Hopefully all of the donations that were sent get through after it's all straightened out on their end. It's awesome that you are going to do another stream to keep raising money for the kids!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Thanks 1