IGNORED

The SNES Rankings - Finished!

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
On 3/26/2020 at 11:52 AM, glazball said:

I know I can't be the only one craving your next installment.  We need cool, funny shit to read - now more than ever!

On 3/26/2020 at 11:52 AM, glazball said:

I know I can't be the only one craving your next installment.  We need cool, funny shit to read - now more than ever!

On 3/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, ICrappedMyPants said:

I wait eagerly every day hoping that this will be the day for the new post!

On 4/1/2020 at 4:21 PM, profholt82 said:

I made the sojourn here from NA, largely to keep following your SNES countdown. Very cool to see that you've got your own site up and going for it now. Let the good times roll. 

Thank you very much.

Stuff got delayed because we rearranged our house and then COVID19 changed my work schedule, but it will be done soon.

• Like 1

I'd like to see an option to hide the list on the left side of the page. I don't like to be spoiled on which games are coming up while I'm in the middle of reading it.

Most fans would probably say that there's a big difference between MK3 & UMK3. I know it's easier to rank similar sequels together, but that's a case where one game should definitely be higher. The vanilla version is far more unbalanced, and nobody really plays it today compared to UMK3. Just comparing it to Street Fighter, I remember playing a lot on Kaillera 10-15 years ago, and you would often see people play the various versions of SF2. Even the ones nobody played (World Warrior and Super) you would still see once in a while. But vanilla MK3? Never.

I would pick MK2 over UMK3 though, so at least you got the order right. They're actually quite different gameplay-wise, MK2 is very slow paced and defensive, whereas UMK3 is very fast and crazier with the run button, auto-combos, and pop up hits.

Edited by scaryice
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Man, I really need to go and polish some of them up.  After watching the AVGN video, I revisited my Dennis the Menace write-up, and it is horrible 

Also, with our ongoing move, and the work I'm doing in my game room, it might be another 4-5 months before #250-201 are ready.  But it will be smooth sailing after that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Editorials Team · Posted

I took a few months off with moving and then building the game room.  Back on the horse for the last month though.

50/50 spots are finalized and I am done playing all of the games

43/50 entries are at least mostly written up

0/50 edited

I also need to try and make some site alterations.  Next batch I'll finally get around to the javascript so I can add stuff like a search.

Aww here we go.  I was wondering what your SNES shmup rankings were and so far it looks only 3 of them have been reviewed?

It goes without saying that D-Force is the worst shmup on the system, but I agree with you in that the rest of them are at least medicore/good. 

Very curious what your top pick is.  My guess would be Axelay or Space Megaforce.  Aerofighters?

Editorials Team · Posted
16 hours ago, peg said:

Aww here we go.  I was wondering what your SNES shmup rankings were and so far it looks only 3 of them have been reviewed?

It goes without saying that D-Force is the worst shmup on the system, but I agree with you in that the rest of them are at least medicore/good. 

Very curious what your top pick is.  My guess would be Axelay or Space Megaforce.  Aerofighters?

There are quite a few in the next 50, and a ton in the 50 after that.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 5/13/2020 at 9:01 AM, scaryice said:

I'd like to see an option to hide the list on the left side of the page. I don't like to be spoiled on which games are coming up while I'm in the middle of reading it.

I've gotten quite a bit of feedback about getting rid of the sidebar, so I will be going with a look akin to this:

image.thumb.png.d88bbda6efb7aef93541b61552464cf0.png

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, peg said:

Looking forward to the new installments.  I must be in the minority since I like the sidebar, how else are you going to easily go to a specific review?

I haven't done it yet, but the plan is for a menu item at the top that drops down and displays the games for the current page.