IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

Found Minecraft Story Mode for Switch on Mercari CIB for $30, smashed that buy button in a hurry, then messaged the seller because they had selected the $9.99 shipping option when it should have been $3.29. I was thinking maybe I would cancel and buy again but they seriously offered to put cash in the package. I am not making this up.

6D4B23C4-3B95-49B0-B9B5-0A6293E08260.jpeg

562DC42D-93C7-4980-B776-80E4B5DD165F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bowser said:

Why has this game become expensive?

The studio behind it went bankrupt and AFAIK the game is no longer on the eShop. Some of the previous versions on other consoles didn't come with all the content on the disc, you had to download the later episodes, but the Switch version has all 8 episodes on the cart. 

Edit: but also because Switch collectors are dumb, they think "not available in stores anymore" is the same thing as "rare."

Edited by MiamiSlice

$29.99 Mercari find (before tax):

E0A3CD62-35EF-4A73-B160-2850759E716A.thumb.jpeg.c0433008c3f3a52f730b053535ef492e.jpeg

B063488C-F832-4C85-BDA1-AF7D37DE0240.thumb.jpeg.f1cd7f0021b383ba894dd1e5a02f2bcc.jpeg

Seems quite obscure! There’s one on eBay right now in much worse condition, and the only two sold listings I could find were one NIB and another CIB, both in 2017, both around $60. 

Edit: who bought the uglier one on eBay? Had to be one of you. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 6

Bit of a different find here... was trying to figure out how to store a stack of Wii games I had accumulated from various hauls and I found that I had enough room to make a third row in my Wii stash! 

0B6F3317-285B-4483-B5B1-0D9E493E3505.thumb.jpeg.da027fa5b1bd4e4d0c74be7af546f659.jpeg

Also I was looking through my CD collection and finally found my copy of the Retro City Rampage soundtrack! 

E7AD7C7F-59ED-42A6-956E-1B9EB6EF6097.thumb.jpeg.bca9917353a9be2ba941fbaa5082ef5c.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

First decent local listing in a while! I recently moved my search area a bit and I’m finding decent stuff in an area I don’t mind driving to. This was $10 which is a lot less than I’d pay to have it shipped. Never had this bundle before and this is only my second official Konami pad (my other one is the DDR Mario Mix pad for GameCube).

10176C40-C23B-426A-80DD-5D10F226FBC5.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

A few recent hauls, no crazy deals, but here goes: 

1. Went to a garage sale Sunday morning. My first sale in a long time. Usually the sales start Saturday and I can't go anywhere because that's the Sabbath. This one started on Sunday and advertised having video games so I managed to make it there when it opened at 7am. Well from the very beginning I had a sense that these people are resellers because they had a lot of unopened stuff (including 5 of those Flashback consoles that plug into the TV) and my guess was these are all the items they couldn't sell online. They had a smattering of video games (none of them desirable) and a PS3 that had seen better days. I ask how much are the games, the lady literally tells me "they are $5 or 4 for $20." OK! No deals here. Then I ask how much for the PS3. "$100, but I can negotiate on that one." Whew lads, what a disappointment after missing out on garage sales for so long. Anyway, I should have probably just turned around and left but I didn't want to leave empty handed so I picked up 8 games that looked like they might be worth the price and said "can I take these 8 games for $30?" And the lady actually said yes without any further haggling. At least the Deca Sports is sealed. 

opsm128.jpg

2. Found a listing on Facebook Marketplace last Saturday, price was $20 and it was a mix of mostly DS games and a couple GBA games. I message the seller and ask if it's everything for $20 and she says she's getting multiple offers so I have to make an offer. I come back with $40 and inform her that I can pick up on Monday and after a little while she agrees to sell to me. So I guess I was that guy who bids up on local listings this time around. I think this one is a pretty good deal even including the $1 toll I had to pay on the way there. Everything is in really good condition so I suspect the original owner of these games was a girl. The obvious gems are Mario Kart DS, Harvest Moon DS and Tetris DS but it's also nice to see a complete GBA game in the wild!

SB6Qwqg.jpg

3. OK here's the one I'm really excited about, this is technically a grail get for me. Railfan Taiwan High Speed Rail Asian version with English language option. I've been hunting this one for a while and it's been hard to find. Most copies on eBay are the Japanese version which doesn't have English text and they are usually priced way too high. I even reached out to @fcgamer and asked him to look around Taiwan for this, to no avail. Eventually I did see one copy, sealed, go up for about $100 + $9 shipping from Taiwan. Wasn't looking to pay the premium for a game I'm going to open just yet so I held out. Then finally I see on of all places, someone on Reddit selling this and asking $150. I showed him the eBay listing and said up to him but I would be happy to pay $80 + shipping, he came back asking $85 so I ended up paying $88 for it. This is more than what I would have paid pre-COVID but for the satisfaction of finally having it I didn't mind! Now I just need to make some time to play it 🙂

FRRMOKV.jpg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

A bunch of hauls arrived today. My porch looked like a loading dock. Broke a sweat just unpacking everything!

1. Sometimes you just have to be quick. Once in a while I will open Facebook and the algorithm will show me exactly what I want on the first post. This time it was a sale post from a Facebook group, just posted seconds before, of a huge pile of magazines and guides for $100. I message the guy right away and ask him, "How much for everything?" and he responds "What do you mean? $100 plus shipping." Can life really be this good? He said shipping would be $20 so I paid $120. Here's the box I received: 

kapDqR9.jpg

It was shipped poorly but none of this stuff was mint to begin with. Can't win 'em all. Here's everything laid out: 

Dkp10Xi.jpg

SvG4Iu6.jpg

MtsJ5Pb.jpg

e0WrxHI.jpg

BPntsWc.jpg

gu90Z9N.jpg

Honestly never thought I would land a massive Nintendo Power haul like this. For the record, the Eon ticket issue is missing the ticket, but regardless I'm very happy. I was actually hunting for the Mega Man X Command Mission strategy guide so that's a real nice find here. Also happy to get Mega Man Battle Network guides (love that series) and a Myst guide too!

There's a couple duplicates here I'll be letting go of but for the most part this is going right onto my shelves. I was seriously moving furniture around today to make room for this stuff. 

2. This was another Facebook group post, guy was asking $140 for everything, I saw Sky Gunner and some desirable DS games and figured why not. 

2sOTgFz.jpg

Had my son help me lay out the DS games: 

g655Fpu.jpg

I already have a nicer Sky Gunner and I don't collect PSP or loose DS games, so I'll be selling almost everything here. The pickups for me are actually RC Helicopter (been on my wantlist for a bit), Billiards, and Onimusha Dawn of Dreams. Also that Snoopy is sadly water damaged, such a shame. Edit: Onimusha Dawn of Dreams is pretty badly damaged, gonna let that go too. Might keep Motocross Mania though. 

3. This was a small eBay auction win, I was surprised I got it for so cheap: 

9nyTPlp.jpg

Paid less than $20, all are complete and the Cleaning Kit is sealed. I used to have 4 sealed cleaning kits until I sold them all last year, ended up picking up a CIB one instead, but lately I was thinking I wanted a sealed one again. So I'll be selling the CIB one and maybe Dogz / Monsters Inc unless they have good reviews. Dora is a keeper obviously!

Edit: just checked reviews. Yeah I'll be selling Dogz and Monsters Inc. 

4. GameStop pickup: 

HMbj6ro.jpg

I've been snagging some good deals with all the GameStop sales going on lately, got Children of Morta for $14.99 but you know, you have to spend at least $35 for free shipping. They've had this Psikyo Bravo collection on sale for weeks now at something like $44 and change, which is crazy. I already have one I bought for $59.99 on release day, and I'm surprised this isn't sold out already. $44 is a steal for this package! I hate to admit to "investing" in a collectible because I'm usually the guy who argues against that sort of thing, but an item like this at $44, with legendary shmups, still sealed... I think it's worth sitting on. 

That's all folks!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Another Facebook deal! All this for $67 shipped, everything is 100% complete and well taken care of. It seemed like the seller was pricing everything based on loose pricing or something... 

F8B39418-EFA2-40B8-9BF0-2F3C840F8B61.thumb.jpeg.ab5a5bb078289e0da9f39293c5d13159.jpeg

Rampage Puzzle Attack, Chameleon, Pogo Island and Pokemon Trozei! were all on my wantlist, the rest were too good to pass up. I'm big on collecting puzzle games so it was nice to pull in a whole bunch at a great price 🙂

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

You have an awesome collection. Any favorites? 

Tough question man! My favorite items in my collection are not necessarily my favorite games (some of my favorite games are on SNES and I have zero SNES games right now, for example). Also my favorite items aren't posted on here yet! If I had to make a list from what I have now: 

• Solatorobo big box soundtrack bundle for DS
  • King James Bible for Game Boy
  • the Franklin the Turtle plush set sealed for GBA
  • Sonic Mania Plus launch edition for Switch (my first purchase for the console)
  • Either Animal Crossing or Gotcha Force for GameCube (technically Gotcha Force is my brother's but he's kind of a minimalist now)
  • Mischief Makers for N64
  • OutRun 2006 Coast to Coast for PS2
  • The Raiden Project long box for PS1
  • Louvre Guide (English and Spanish) sealed for 3DS
  • Kirby's Dream Collection for Wii
  • Rockman.exe soundtrack CD set
  • Club Nintendo Mario Children's Picture book 

Then of course there's the sets... I have all the Professor Layton games (and the movie), all the InfoGenius games for Game Boy, all the Korg releases for DS/Switch (some are stuck in a Buyee warehouse but they are mine), every Animal Crossing game, every Mario Party game (including Mario Party-e), every Metroid Prime game, I'm one away from a complete Fire Emblem set, close to a complete Mega Man Battle Network set, close to having every PopCap game on DS.... and there's probably something I'm forgetting. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

I never like to buy stuff like this but it just so happened I needed some of the items in this lot and the price was too good. This is a case & manual only haul, no games, that I found on Mercari for about $224 shipped. The SoulSilver box looks rough but it has all the inserts including the Pokewalker.

68C3E070-4768-498B-AF80-C125EAB68188.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 10:38 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Wow, lil update on one of my recent hauls... sold Sky Gunner CIB on eBay for $149.95 (fees = $20, shipping with insurance = $4.99), crazy market we are in. 

Man, prices are crazy indeed. I think I paid something like 45-50 bucks by using a coupon on that shop called eStarland. Glad I managed to pick it up back then, it´s not a style of game I usually play, but heard really good things about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Nintendo Power score! 95 issues for $180 shipped! Found this one via a Facebook group, the newer issues are from when the seller was a subscriber while the older issues were found by him over the years at thrift stores and such. Mixed condition but quite a few are in good shape with all the extras attached! And I’m very happy that this haul included the final issue with the bonus farewell letter and poster!

5ADF8FF2-E5B1-415E-9A5E-197D3A27C63E.thumb.jpeg.ec0cc48a1577182bb1c29671766ac5d4.jpeg

FF72968B-25CE-406A-90A6-20EF00A4A806.thumb.jpeg.012adca00d7505de06b807e14ec87a57.jpeg

3D22ACFC-A22C-4876-8B27-1D209882AAF1.thumb.jpeg.8b491e33ae6e55c7157c6ea7f549afe0.jpeg

1225D0BC-DDED-4FE1-9F4B-13DF42D17FD1.thumb.jpeg.e9e16f6f2e72eb417b65895692cb4322.jpeg

Also this post was up for 2 hours before I saw it... I couldn’t believe no one else jumped on it. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

NIce one dude, you got a local lot as well.  A week or two ago I had nailed down that lot of 40 for $40 and I was blown away, and have since scored a few more online cheap-ish lots.  They're so fun to breeze through so it'll be a good time.  I got one of those two lots in the mail today, even had a couple extras like the N64 Power Tips mini bonus issue that was mailed, and also a NP subscriber bonus forecast for year 2000 which I can't seem to figure out goes to what issue if it did at all.

The coming lot, it's very heavy in the 88-89 and up stuff, not all in the best of shape, but when dimwits throw down $100 for #1 I don't care if the cover is kind of shit if the inside is fantastic with the fold out still. 😄  (And yes it's in there, and like that, though other issues after are far nicer including the so called controversial #2 with headless drac.)  I'm ok paying like $5-6/avg an issue, just not $10+ per magazine, though the first two lots have been in the $1-2/avg range so I know I got off easy.

Oh and I have that last issue too, was given it as a gift, but as I was so utterly disgusted with Future One, I've kept it sealed all these years, and it's still in that bag.  Kind of tempted to sell the dumb thing.

• Like 1