IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

8 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

I had no idea people collected those Animal Crossing cards.  I have a small stack from a bunch of copies of Happy Home Designer that are collecting dust 

Now is the time to sell them or trade them, people are stocking up before New Horizons comes out. You can see what each one goes for  with eBay sold listings.

Another little "haul" this past week: bought 4 unused, loose, authentic NES Classic Mini controllers on eBay for $34.99 ($37.31 with tax). Kept 2, sold the other two on Mercari for $27 + $2.99 shipping (so I keep $24.30). So $37.31 - $24.30 = I got my two controllers for $13.01 🙂

Back when the NES Mini was on store shelves I was like "why would I buy an extra controller, I don't need that." Well now I'm like "playing NES games on Switch or Wii VC or whatever just isn't right without the NES controller, nothing else has the right layout, Wiimotes are too thin and knockoffs are just not good enough." Problem solved!

• 4 weeks later...

Back again! This haul is kind of a long story. I picked up a lot a little over a week ago that was easily my biggest pickup yet in terms of sheer number of items. But the story goes back further than that. Over a month ago someone posted in a local game trading group that they had boxes and boxes of stuff to get rid of and they were thinking of taking it all to a retro shop. I saw what was in the photos and could tell there were some decent items from my wantlist so I told them I might be able to pay more than what they would get at a shop. I offered them $250 just based on what I could see but the admin of the group advised them to make a list of everything included since that might be more helpful. It took them about a week to do this but when I saw the list of everything I actually raised my offer to $600 which they were happy to accept. It then took another week until we were able to meet up to do the swap. 

The photo below is only half the stuff in the back of my SUV. I had to lower the back seats to have enough room. There were over 300 items in total including a PlayStation game drawer (you can see this peeking in the middle), a PS game disc folder and a PS3 backpack. 

5C9FDA31-3419-48CB-BF1A-F6DE7590915E.thumb.jpeg.29bbd8299aef56c371d1c699e74e1e63.jpeg

8AFC340E-20E0-453D-8E88-DB0A12C485D3.thumb.jpeg.03b2e4e0c88be09c49c9d7d5f4528db1.jpeg

(The Wii above is not part of the deal, that was another haul.) I actually ended up leaving the stuff in my car for a few days because I was so busy with preparing for self-quarantine and I didn't even have room for all this stuff. When I finally had a chance to get everything inside the house I had to clean a bunch of it because it's mostly thrift store hauls and GameStop used items and I'm pretty sure some of it was kept in a garage. I was a little disappointed because I had valued everything assuming good condition and a lot of it isn't collector quality. I was also a bit worried when I picked it all up because I was like, "what if I can't sell this stuff in the middle of a pandemic? What if this recession turns really bad and all this stuff loses serious value?" But what's reward without some risk? 

Anyway, I'm pretty close to making my money back and maybe I'll end up with a profit of like $100 and then there's all the stuff I'm keeping. I've had to sell everything online since I don't want to do be doing local deals right now so of course the shipping costs and fees have been rough but at least I've been able to move this stuff pretty quick, mostly in lots, by just being aggressive with my pricing. There was one sale I did that I had to refund (one of the Wii games didn't read, should have tested it) and the Atari game holder in the first pic I had to chuck in the trash, it was too filthy. Also a few of the games I wanted to keep for my collection were too beat up for my taste. But here's an idea of some stuff I'm keeping: 

• 8 loose N64 games including Hey You Pikachu with the mic and voice unit
  • 9 CIB GameCube games, all black label, all commons but I finally have Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16
  • Like 45 CIB Wii games including Opoona! That's the big catch
  • 2 CIB Wii U games (Mighty No. 9 and LEGO Marvel Avengers) and 6 SEALED Wii U games including Shovel Knight and Splatoon (I plan to keep these all sealed)
  • 1 CIB Switch game, Toki Retrollector edition which the seller threw in for me since I had been asking around for that one in the same group
  • 1 CIB Sega Genesis game that was the only CIB one in good shape, Super Battleship
  • Like 20 CIB PS2 games including Driver Parallel Lines and Reel Fishing III
  • and lastly, the PlayStation game drawer (just had to fix the label a bit), disc folder and PS3 backpack I mentioned above!

All in all, a good haul and I'm happy it didn't turn out to be a disaster for me. Oh and if anyone is looking to buy a big lot of Xbox games or PS2 games or PS games or PSP games or even some beat up but CIB SEGA Genesis games, let me know... ha ha. 

Edit: crossed over into profit on this lot a couple weeks ago 🙂

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much hunting going on with being stuck at home and all but here’s a deal I managed to get: was watching a listing for Racing Gears Advance on Mercari for months, seller had dropped the price a few times and surprisingly no one biting. Recently I got a coupon from Mercari for $20 off $100 (because I had listed a bunch of stuff in March) and at first I was thinking, I'm not gonna use this... what am I going to spend $100+ on? I'm not even looking to spend much right now. But then I was looking at this seller's stuff and had this idea that maybe I could do a bundle deal on a few of the items he still had available. So I reached out and said, hey, can I get these 3 games for $105? And he obliged. So with my coupon and then tax I paid ~$92. All are CIB and in good shape, Racing Gears Advance has some wear to the box and manual but nothing major. Really excited about that one and Moon is a nice pickup for my DS library. Both were on my wantlist for a long time now and I didn't expect to be able to find them in a bundle deal! Wind Waker is a dupe so I will be trading or selling it. 

EB318DAC-5C54-4A58-A527-33083E0D4D74.thumb.jpeg.20dd8094f0c4eec3cc0377e83c86d51d.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Someone posted this on Reddit looking for offers. I guess I was the only offer or maybe the highest at $100? The cart alone goes for $50+ and I think a similar CIB went for ~$250 last year. Can’t wait til I can play with this! Gonna see if I can get the software working with an old laptop I have too.

9D0ACE1B-0DF3-47D2-A185-B7F4929846E3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Been hunting for a while for a styrofoam tray & lid for the original Game Boy without breaking the bank. I had a previous haul that came with everything but the tray and it turns out it's really hard to find these things! Usually they are missing the lid or they are in terrible shape. 

Finally saw this lot on eBay with a starting bid of $130 but it also allowed offers. I offered $100 and did not expect that to be accepted. Well, it was! This is a beaut. Not mint, it has some wear and imperfections, but I would say very good for the age. 

D9F7B95F-463D-4693-945D-45A147672FD9.thumb.jpeg.bdd5930af0fcff557e36934e6eb44daf.jpeg

AFA70803-B653-4EB0-9898-50CE463C3087.thumb.jpeg.6c58c3e514227738ce323bfdea46d9bc.jpeg

I didn’t have these bags before, or a GameShark, and I’ve never seen this racing set tape before... anyone know anything about that?

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

I vaguely remember the racing set those stickers/tape strips have there.  I totally forgot about it.  That alone probably adds something of interest to the right person so at 100 you definitely killed it given what a good to great gameboy boxed up old system goes for anyway.

42 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I vaguely remember the racing set those stickers/tape strips have there.  I totally forgot about it.  That alone probably adds something of interest to the right person so at 100 you definitely killed it given what a good to great gameboy boxed up old system goes for anyway.

I looked it up and it was a clamshell with the two racing games and the fanny pack. It’s too bad the seller didn’t keep the box for the fanny pack but at least the fanny pack looks like it was never used. I’m not sure if I will let these go because I like the idea of having at least two copies of each for multiplayer. I actually have enough cables to do 4 player but I don’t have enough carts 😒

• Like 1

This year was supposed to be the year I could get back into garage sales and thrifting 😞

It’s sad what passes for a haul right now but here goes: been trying to find a launch edition of this game for a while at a nice price. Usually the listings were no better than $35 + shipping for a used copy. Finally spotted a listing on eBay for $26.94 with free shipping. Glad I waited!

5CBDAC4F-9576-423D-8E45-4B7A897DBB0F.thumb.jpeg.32f8d5a24b3cb1a4e3205d3044e74cf8.jpeg

Maybe more people with Switch in particular are getting fed up with exclusives and limited runs because it just ends up being a dash for a game to not pay a hell of a lot more, though exclusively in the case of Gamestop, because it IS Gamestop.  A lot of people just won't shop there.  I never got Katamari because I didn't want to go in, same with Wild Guns, it just wasn't that important to me.

• 2 weeks later...

OK here's a different kind of finder-keeper. As you might remember, at the beginning of this year I was going through all the games that I had found back at my parent's house and slowly getting rid of the dupes / stuff I didn't want while figuring out what to keep. Most of my Game Boy games that I had had since I was a little kid were in bad shape and in some cases were not complete. One game that I figured I'd have to replace was Yoshi. Love this game, love the iconic yellow box with Yoshi's smug face on it, but for some reason it was missing the poster and I didn't have the right poster in my pile of extras. The poster it was supposed to have was DMG-USA-4 and I just didn't have it! So this was sitting on my shelf for a couple months while I was putting in my trade threads that I'd love to find this exact poster. 

Well, just yesterday I was going through a stack of papers that I have in my "long term keep" pile because I was shredding really old tax returns I no longer need, and I decided just for fun to look through some old sentimental stuff. I was opening a folder of stuff that was mostly from college and I happen to spot a Metroid II Game Boy poster! I was like, hey, I didn't even remember this being here. And then I was wondering, what game did I pull this from long long ago to flatten it and put it on my wall or something. And that's when it hit me. This is it. This is DMG-USA-4. This is my long lost poster that completes my original copy of Yoshi. I found it! Friends, after 28 years, the contents of my Yoshi box have been re-united!!!

293E7FB8-789E-4039-8344-B15300F0D2FD.thumb.jpeg.4f621158b321c9a8cad51e6d9b821905.jpeg

0815AF5E-FB09-49D8-B928-1BA24D783915.thumb.jpeg.cdbae43674ccdf80be00bea85155748f.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

The well has been very dry lately. I check Mercari daily and I haven't seen a good deal on there in weeks. Obviously no local pickups for me. I don't remember what a "haul" felt like. Oh well. My hunting these days amounts to GameStop or Best Buy "deals" and maybe some great prices I get through Reddit or here. Anyway, 

B96698DD-E79A-4EA4-A4C6-9AE1BC02B071.thumb.jpeg.2db0deece7a1f80b3bc50025af79c5b1.jpeg

Took advantage of that GameStop sale where you could get 5 used games for 50% off. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire was on sale that same day for $19.99. So I took this, two copies of Alpha Sapphire, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) and Mario Party Star Rush for about $53 with tax. A good old roll-of-the-dice to see what might come back with cases. Of course, this is the only game that came with a case. Still, I was able to sell the 4 loose 3DS games and turn a profit (~$4) and essentially I got this game for free (for my brother, I already had a copy for myself). 

557B087A-581C-4729-9C4A-C7F36A17F013.thumb.jpeg.71dfe2f3c80c62223df65aa688029584.jpeg

Then GameStop had another deal on another day where these games were both $24.99 new. Of course I realized after I got it that I already had Disgaea 4, and worse, the copy GameStop sent me was gutted. But anyway I'm trying to sell it for whatever I can get. Meanwhile I'm happy to pick up a sealed Torna since I wanted to get it with the DLC and the price was the lowest I've seen. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
On 5/27/2020 at 2:23 PM, MiamiSlice said:

The well has been very dry lately. I check Mercari daily and I haven't seen a good deal on there in weeks. Obviously no local pickups for me. I don't remember what a "haul" felt like. Oh well. My hunting these days amounts to GameStop or Best Buy "deals" and maybe some great prices I get through Reddit or here. Anyway, 

B96698DD-E79A-4EA4-A4C6-9AE1BC02B071.jpeg

Took advantage of that GameStop sale where you could get 5 used games for 50% off. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire was on sale that same day for $19.99. So I took this, two copies of Alpha Sapphire, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) and Mario Party Star Rush for about $53 with tax. A good old roll-of-the-dice to see what might come back with cases. Of course, this is the only game that came with a case. Still, I was able to sell the 4 loose 3DS games and turn a profit (~$4) and essentially I got this game for free (for my brother, I already had a copy for myself). 

557B087A-581C-4729-9C4A-C7F36A17F013.jpeg

Then GameStop had another deal on another day where these games were both $24.99 new. Of course I realized after I got it that I already had Disgaea 4, and worse, the copy GameStop sent me was gutted. But anyway I'm trying to sell it for whatever I can get. Meanwhile I'm happy to pick up a sealed Torna since I wanted to get it with the DLC and the price was the lowest I've seen. 

I might be interested in Disgaea.

Really happy with this small eBay haul! Story below...

088E0906-E67E-4BAB-B30D-84A0659125FA.thumb.jpeg.1f7e697d5de9e59682661827b4740f53.jpeg

Been hunting the Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness / Pac-Man World combo release for months? Maybe over a year? with a saved eBay search, wasn't in a hurry to get it but I was also having trouble finding a listing that was both CIB in good condition and for a good price. Seen a lot that were sealed and just a bit too expensive for something I'd rather open or they were too beat up. Well just a few days ago I see a listing for all 3 of these Namco games together for $29.95 + $5.95 shipping which is not a "steal" but IMO a good price at about $10 per. I decided to see what else the seller had available and lo and behold they had this Rayman Anniversary release which I had not heard of before for $19.95 and the seller let me combine shipping so I paid $55.85 for everything shipped before tax. Rayman Advance was on my list for GBA for a while but I really like how this anniversary release has both Rayman Advance and Rayman 3 on one cart. Also all of these are 100% complete including the little plastic baggies for the carts. 

The seller also had Tringo which I've been wanting to get but they weren't willing to split that one from a lot of GBA games that I felt like was all too worthless to buy together so I passed on it. Also Pac-Man Pinball Advance is a dupe for me so I'm going to be letting go of one of those. 

Anyway yeah not much of a steal but considering how hard it can be to find games like these complete and in good condition, this felt like a win 🙂

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 2