IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

28 minutes ago, bowser said:

I like your dedication to finding all these variants 🙂

By the way, did you know Guitar Hero Live for Wii U has a variant that comes with TWO guitars in the box?

Thanks! And yes, I know about the two guitar version. It’s not cheap! The right time to have picked that up would have been pre-COVID.

Paid $450 for this lot. Very happy to have snagged some of these items. It's not every day you can bulk buy great strategy guides in great condition. 

gb_strat_haul.jpg.2269ea4d45dff9469794b3a2ab6f5318.jpg

gb_strat_haul_2.jpg.8d01e943f2b5ac4cd3acbd391c3f9d75.jpg

The seller had Pokemon Sapphire and the GBA to the left because he said those were not working. I cleaned the contacts on Sapphire and it works fine now. Will see if cleaning the contacts on the GBA will get it working too. 

SMB for GBA and Jurassic Park are missing the trays, which is unfortunate, but I did have a spare tray I was able to use for SMB. Jurassic Park I will just sell as is. Actually I'll be selling all the games besides SMB. As for the guides, I'm selling a few but mostly I'm keeping them. Getting the guides for Legend of Mana, Zelda Link to the Past / Four Swords, Xenogears and Xenosaga Ep 1 is great, also the ones for FF Tactics, FF Chronicles, and that Brady Games OoT... this guy had good taste! And apparently I didn't have that Animal Crossing guide already, which is embarrassing for me. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4

Yesterday was a busy day so I’m posting my hauls piecemeal. 

I headed to GameStop to trade in some games (they had a promotion going that made it worthwhile) and sadly I discovered that my local GameStop is closing. Wasn’t much left but I found these. The Amiibo was 20% off and the rest was priced as marked. 

BB80469D-FA9F-43DD-9888-0119376FC46C.jpeg

• Like 3

3 finds!

1. Happy to have finally scored this for about $15 after hunting for quite a while. This is one that started to get pricy and hard to find after the game was ported to Switch. 

1BBCE891-EF65-42E7-9ABB-B2E570BC4507.jpeg

2. This one may as well have been a hunt. I passed on it when it was available for open preorder from LRG because the reviews made it seem like a weak title. Then when it finally shipped I decided to look into it again and turns out they added much more content than what was expected (it's 2 games in one package now) and apparently the new content is much better. So I figured, well, I could buy it from one of the places that usually carries LRG games but it was an ordeal, I kid you not. Seems like the supply on this was very small and people were snapping it up. I had to get in touch with PnP games via Twitter and their social media person actually helped me secure a copy from their allocation. Crazy. 

21FED184-E768-487C-9553-D120D87F5943.thumb.jpeg.7ed2cb6b285861154149d79d71094d74.jpeg

3. This last one is not my usual fare, I usually don't hunt for anything outside of video games and I'm not a vinyl collector anymore, but I was at a garage sale last weekend (my first of the year and my first in a loooong time) and there was an amazing collection of vinyl records going back to the 1940's. This wasn't $0.25 a piece, more like $4 a piece that the seller was asking, and a lot of it wasn't worth that, but I was actually able to sift through the boxes slowly and price check stuff and these were the ones that looked worth taking. I offered $25 for the lot and the seller accepted.

The Golda Meir interview record is still sealed, the Nat King Cole record is actually an upgrade for me, it's not sealed but the shrinkwrap is still on, and the Shoshana Bean record is a Kickstarter thing that she signed. Interesting stuff all around, the Broadway records are always hard for me to pass up, but apparently the real gem here is Pops Go Trumpet. I wasn't planning to keep that one but I played it as soon as I got home and it's awesome. 

899679C2-AD28-43A7-A8D0-756FD3589C50.thumb.jpeg.25cfc561db84e9c6bb7e1c8116148d03.jpeg

Here, have a listen for yourself: 

Good huh? 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Found a Mercari seller with a bunch of Nintendo Powers and a few items I don't see everyday at a good price. Paid $60 for this bundle: 

VNZsIDU.jpg

Issues 95 and 110 were ones I needed toward a fullset, the other 3 issues are upgrades (much better condition than what I had), and then the N64 Power Tips subscriber bonus and the promo poster were items I had not seen before. The N64 Power Tips book is a huge dose of nostalgia, I remember when N64 was current-gen, I was in that age range where I would talk to other kids my age about the games we were playing and we would share tricks & cheats, Goldeneye 64 was a huge one having so many different cheats you could unlock, but also Super Mario 64 was one where people would make up all kinds of rumors (like you could ride Yoshi, you could play as Luigi, you could spawn a rocket and ride around on it), etc. Makes me want to play some N64 right now. 

p.s. does anyone know the origin of the promo poster? 

p.p.s. I'm only 6 issues away from a full set!

• Like 3

Had heard about this one recently and managed to find it on eBay for about $13 all in. Uncommon, obscure and undesirable... but I like it! 

9f1BjV3.jpg

Also, here's a haul of cases and manuals (no games) I got for about $112: 

QEPiXZX.jpg

0p9pjfh.jpg

12FxC46.jpg

Normally I wouldn't be interested in a haul like this, but I needed a replacement cover art for my copy of Pokemon Black, a non-selects case and inserts for Majora's Mask 3D, and there's a few others cases here that might be worth holding onto. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Had heard about this one recently and managed to find it on eBay for about $13 all in. Uncommon, obscure and undesirable... but I like it! 

9f1BjV3.jpg

Also, here's a haul of cases and manuals (no games) I got for about $112: 

QEPiXZX.jpg

0p9pjfh.jpg

12FxC46.jpg

Normally I wouldn't be interested in a haul like this, but I needed a replacement cover art for my copy of Pokemon Black, a non-selects case and inserts for Majora's Mask 3D, and there's a few others cases here that might be worth holding onto. 

Good cases haul. I just sold 2x Pokemon White, 1x Pokemon Black, and 1x Pokemon Diamond, on ebay for $100 plus shipping. If you ever come across an extra XC2: Torna case, let me know.

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 1:43 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Paid $700 for this local haul. If you see something you like let me know, most of it is for sale.

0F0E593F-F13C-4AF2-B671-C06203C2C496.jpeg

FF491785-8BCD-4FDA-B7F2-9E9BD261455A.jpeg

Just had another find from this lot. When I went to pick it up, the seller said he threw in a couple extra games he had lying around. I figured it would be cheap stuff. Well one of those games is The Punisher for PS2 and apparently it's worth $40+? Not sure if I'll ever get around to playing it but it looks cool too. 

• Like 1

Here's one I had been hunting for, for quite some time! While looking up Game Boy games that were released in Europe but not North America, I learned about this cute little puzzle game called "Sheep." The box art is really cool and it sounded like something I would enjoy playing. It's not an expensive game, and doesn't seem to be rare, but all the listings I could find were from Europe and pretty pricey with shipping costs. So kept waiting to see if I could find a bargain. Well finally a week ago I found a listing in the states and ended up getting this for about $12 shipped. It's not in the best condition, I had to remove some stickers and there's a couple spots I need to glue, but I finally have it and I'll keep my eye out to see if a better condition box comes along. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

On 4/28/2021 at 7:53 PM, Tanooki said:

Sweet nice... That's umm 51 there isn't it (SSF2) right?  Thats one of 5 issues under #74 I'm missing.  Maybe work a trade or something out for your less nice copy?  I don't have 51-52 and 61-63.

I finally got around to sorting my NP issues and it turns out my two copies of 51 are different (one with the subscriber wrap on and one with the wrap removed) so I’m not planning to let one go, sorry!

• Like 1

That's fine, not a big deal.  If you're into keeping variations I guess that makes sense.  I'm not even condition picky too much, posters can be optional, and as long as things aren't ripped out/missing or just in really bad shape I take it as they're for reading, not worship. 😄