IGNORED

MiamiSlice's hunting thread

This is both a loser-weeper and a finder-keeper. 

I tried to get the Animal Crossing Sanrio Amiibo cards from Target today. Put in way too much effort to come up empty-handed anyway. Not looking to pay a scalper for them either. Just salty. 

But I did find myself inside a Target today, and I decided to pick up the Banjo Kazooie Amiibo and the Byleth Amiibo, and then I saw they had those World of Nintendo red cardboard trays that I've seen people picking up from various stores. So I figured I may as well ask the employee who had just informed me that the Sanrio cards were out of stock, and maybe pity would be to my benefit - I asked "what do you do with these cardboard trays, do you just throw them out?" And he said yes they do, but if they are empty and someone asks for them, they can have them. So I said actually there's an empty tray on this shelf, and I showed it to him, and I asked if I could have it, he said yes, go ahead and take it! So I walked away with at least one thing I wanted and didn't expect to get 🙂

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I tried to get the Animal Crossing Sanrio Amiibo cards from Target today. Put in way too much effort to come up empty-handed anyway. Not looking to pay a scalper for them either. Just salty. 

But I did find myself inside a Target today, and I decided to pick up the Banjo Kazooie Amiibo and the Byleth Amiibo, and then I saw they had those World of Nintendo red cardboard trays that I've seen people picking up from various stores. So I figured I may as well ask the employee who had just informed me that the Sanrio cards were out of stock, and maybe pity would be to my benefit - I asked "what do you do with these cardboard trays, do you just throw them out?" And he said yes they do, but if they are empty and someone asks for them, they can have them. So I said actually there's an empty tray on this shelf, and I showed it to him, and I asked if I could have it, he said yes, go ahead and take it! So I walked away with at least one thing I wanted and didn't expect to get 🙂

spacer.png

Hahah omg we did the same thing today, minus I didn't get the won display

I feel your pain completely... but isn't the detail on these new amiibos super nice?

But for real, to commiserate here's my tale.

I got my order in at 9:06, after jamming the button over and over from 9am.Thought I was all good but they canceled at 9:47 and the rest of the stores around stock was long gone.

I went up there and politely asked the guy what the deal was, found out they didn't get em yet? Maybe damage control but didn't see anything to suggest he was lying, snag the same two amiibo then drive to other target later and nothing but someone else skulking around trying to see if they might have em in-store.

They should have just been in store first come first served with no friggin online aspect.

Editorials Team · Posted
4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Just ask yourself this:

"What the fuck am I gonna do with amiibo cards?" 😅

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just ask yourself this:

"What the fuck am I gonna do with amiibo cards?" 😅

No man I would actually use them. They unlock really nice stuff in New Leaf. I want them. I've been holding out so long for official ones, it's dumb! The worst part is the the fakes that people sell online cost more than the MSRP of the real ones. So dumb!

@drxandy I'll post my depressing tale later when I'm not so salty

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

No man I would actually use them. They unlock really nice stuff in New Leaf. I want them. I've been holding out so long for official ones, it's dumb! The worst part is the the fakes that people sell online cost more than the MSRP of the real ones. So dumb!

@drxandy I'll post my depressing tale later when I'm not so salty

But would you?

• Like 1

Some recent hunts I forgot to post!

1. I missed out on the Target pre-order bonus for Yoshi's Crafted World but I figured it would be easy to find on the secondhand market... and then it wasn't. I think I was searching for this for 3 years. Finally spotted one on Facebook Marketplace for less than $10 shipped to me. Very happy to finally have this! It's a magnet set and the outer border is meant to be used as a photo frame. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

2. Started looking around at various promo items on eBay and came across this duck for Harvest Moon Animal Parade. Price wasn't a steal or anything, just felt like a cool snag: 

spacer.png

3. Found another Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo with the card still inside, and this time the card is still sealed which is cool, for about $16 shipped: 

spacer.png

4. Found another set of the pre-order bonus magnets for Super Mario 3D All Stars for less than $10 shipped to me, and found another misprint Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone for less than $20 shipped to me... ignore Pac Man, that was just a regular price pick-up: 

spacer.png

5. Last one, I found myself at the grocery store this past weekend and turns out they still had the Pokemon Card cereal boxes in stock, picked up Cinnamon Toast Crunch which was my favorite cereal growing up and here's the cards I pulled: 

spacer.png

That's all for now! I've got some cooler hunts coming in soon 🙂

• Like 5

On 4/3/2021 at 3:50 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Please don’t be angry @goldenpp72.

after years of hunting for this CIB and not seeing one copy appear on eBay, I ended up getting this sealed for $100. Go figure.

0FF952F3-A6EE-4180-9727-0E52120851DB.jpeg

618696D3-6514-4D28-B440-883E31E3CA7C.jpeg

Hey man, I'm happy for you. I don't mind the variance in price for these really obscure ones. Looks great too!

• Like 1

Today was a good day! Two more hunts: 

1. After probably 2 years of waiting for a local deal to come along, I finally found my white (baby) whale: Sony Trinitron KV-9PT50. Even better, I wasn't expecting it at all. Someone had listed a different TV yesterday and mentioned in their post that they had more models available and to message them if interested. I saw the post this morning and reached out just asking if they had any tube TV 9" or smaller. I would have been happy with just about anything, but the 9PT50 has been my white whale, and my jaw dropped to the floor when they responded with pictures of the exact TV I was wanting! They were asking $120 but I offered $80 and that I could pick up today. Not a steal but better than what I would have paid on eBay and it came with the original remote and stand! 

I don't have time to set it up yet but I will soon! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm officially done with CRT hunting, I have my main 24" trini and my baby 9" trini and that's good enough for me. 

2. Now here is one I did not expect to find and especially so soon after snagging the Animal Crossing Pioneer Disc... I won the matching calendar on eBay!

spacer.png

Just like the disc, only 250 of these calendars are believed to have been made and mailed out along with the disc. There's also two letters that I'm missing (if you find the Reddit post about this disc you will see pictures of each letter), and these letters will likely be impossible to find, but I figured the calendar would be very difficult and then I managed to find one so who knows? 

Oh, and it was ~$200... which is a lot, but I was willing to go higher. I didn't like the idea of having the game without it!!!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1

I owe everyone some updates: 

1. Here's the Trinitron I got for $80 set up on my desk, running Outrun in MAME off my Raspberry Pi 3: 

spacer.png

(Not visible is my custom built spinner controller for a semi-arcade style experience)

2. Here's a write-up on the Ninja Town "Button Bundle" variant which I think was an unknown variant: 

More hunts coming in soon!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

More mail calls!

1. Was wanting to pick up the Guitar Hero Live bundle with the guitar, complete or new, at a good price if I could find it. Finally this weird bundle popped up on Mercari, a complete Guitar Hero Live with the contents like new, plus 5 nunchucks and two Wii Classic Controllers, for $44.25 all in. Go figure. Also I might be selling 3 nunchucks. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

2. This was just listed as a "Little Kirby coloring book" but it's actually a hard to find promo item for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Was $9.33 altogether. 

spacer.png

3. My quest for unusual DS bundles resumes with this National Geographic Panda that comes bundled with a DVD. This set me back $12.95. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

More to come soon!

• Like 3

Got this off eBay for $69.99. No damage or anything. 

spacer.png

Of course, that's not really a steal of a price, but the story here is this: I picked up a lot of 3DS / DS boxes and manuals a while back, it's one of my earlier hauls on this thread, and I picked it up at an amazing price where I was able to sell the dupes I didn't need and make back all my money. This was one of the games in that haul, and I was holding onto it while hunting for the cart to complete it. But finding this game loose was proving to be difficult and as time went on it was getting harder and harder to find in any condition. I had a couple chances to pick it up close to $30 which is what I wanted to pay and I missed out. Finally I saw one listed on eBay, again, cart only, for $64.99. I had been hunting for this for months at this point and I was willing to pay up a bit to finally move on so I offered $35 assuming I'd have to go up from there. Seller came back with $60 and a message saying "sealed ones are going for over $100 so I think this price is more than reasonable." Like, what? This isn't Pokemon! Just because a sealed CE is going for over $100 doesn't mean a loose copy is automatically going to be worth 60% of that. But I was still willing to play along so I offered $40, and the seller offered back $58, which had me thinking firstly "didn't you say $60 was more than reasonable?" but also "I am not getting anywhere with this." I'm stubborn! So I decided to move and keep hunting, and the very next day I saw this complete CE listed for $69.99 and nabbed it. Hunt over! Now I can sell the other set I have that is missing the cart and probably get closer to the $30 I really wanted to spend 🙂 

By the way, the cart-only listing for $64.99 is still up on eBay if anyone wants it. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1