Jump to content
IGNORED

Godzilla vs Kong


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This movie was absolutely awesome. Seen it twice already. 

It's on my list.  Is it worth it?

This is 100% the perfect example of a film I'd gladly watch if the viewing was free.  Hopefully in 5-8 years, it'll come to Hulu or Pluto.tv.

Awesome.  Best movie of the monster-verse easy.  Great monster fights, cool visuals with all the hallow earth stuff, human characters are still just kind of there but not distracting, everything moves at a good pace and doesn’t wear out its welcome.  Fun flick.

Edited by fox
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fox said:

Awesome.  Best movie of the monster-verse easy.  Great monster fights, cool visuals with all the hallow earth stuff, human characters are still just kind of there but not distracting, everything moves at a good pace and doesn’t wear out its welcome.  Fun flick.

I have the other 3 on Blu Ray, so I thought I would just wait and buy it but now I definitely want to see it in the theatre after your comments.  I absolutely loved the first 2.  I didn't really care for King of the Monsters and wouldn't have bought that one if it wasn't for the Family Video closing sale.  G vs K has looked good since the first trailer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

It's free-ish if you have HBO Max.

Nah, pass.  We pay for Disney+ and that's as far as we go as a household for "full price" streaming.  We get Hulu for $1.50 tacked on from Spotify, and we have Prime because we buy from Amazon every other day.

Other than that, we're not interested in paying $5-10 a month for 2-3 services.  Before streaming, we wouldn't even buy cable.  We would just rent the occasional DVD from the store or the Red Box.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

It's free-ish if you have HBO Max.

They haven't done a very good job of explaining but if you already have HBO through your cable provider or have AT&T for your phone plan, then HBO Max is free.  And it isn't just HBO stuff (which is usually really good) but also includes programs from a bunch of other Time Warner channels and networks like Cartoon Network and DC Universe.

Really cool they are doing these same day as theater releases.  So far I've seen Wonder Woman 84, The Snyder Cut, and Kong vs Godzilla.  Looking forward to Mortal Kombat next month, and later Suicide Squad and Dune.  Kong vs Godzilla is deff the kind of movie I would have liked to see in theaters, seeing at home in 4k with dolby was really the next best thing though.

Edited by fox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blitus said:

I have the other 3 on Blu Ray, so I thought I would just wait and buy it but now I definitely want to see it in the theatre after your comments.  I absolutely loved the first 2.  I didn't really care for King of the Monsters and wouldn't have bought that one if it wasn't for the Family Video closing sale.  G vs K has looked good since the first trailer.

When you say first two do you mean first two Godzilla’s or first two Kongs?

Link to post
Share on other sites

My parents have HBO Max, was able to slip a permission waiver for it on my fire stick, so yeah I'll be watching it sometime this week. 😄  I've got every single godzilla movie since the original on blu ray as it is, this one will get added too when that time comes.

I hope godzilla doesn't get wasted, the big dumb monkey just doesn't have the abilities.  I'd take atomic breath over fists of rage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I may just have to take a swing at this one tonight if I can pull it off without some bitching the volume is too much.  I got some partial access to my parents HBO Max acct, but only works on my tv (which sadly doesn't have a phones jack.)  Won't be lot of fun if i have to play the tv at a whisper due to whining and interruptions, but hey, free is free. 😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a pretty great movie, liked it.  And what a twist towards the end.  I had no idea that was in the movie, let alone the direction that they took that as well.  Clearly being vague not to ruin the surprise, so you know what I mean.  Got lucky was able to watch it last night as everyone went off to bed early enough I could keep the sound high enough not to be a waste. 😄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I skipped all the replies to avoid spoilers. I will probably make the time to see it this weekend.

For context, I'm a big fan of the original Showa, Heisei and Millennium series films but I haven't really cared for much of anything that's been done with Godzilla since Final Wars, except Shin Godzilla, which was pretty good for what it was.

I'm not really expecting to be blown away by this movie but if it has a few fun set-piece battles, I'll be happy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted
11 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

I skipped all the replies to avoid spoilers. I will probably make the time to see it this weekend.

For context, I'm a big fan of the original Showa, Heisei and Millennium series films but I haven't really cared for much of anything that's been done with Godzilla since Final Wars, except Shin Godzilla, which was pretty good for what it was.

I'm not really expecting to be blown away by this movie but if it has a few fun set-piece battles, I'll be happy.

Did the same here, and feel the same about the rest too.  I forgot and keep forgetting I don't have Shin Godzilla on disc, nor have I seen it which is awful. 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted

I'll catch it eventually.  Only time I've physically ever seen it was at that mall ripoff shop FYE, wanted like $40 so I kept walking because I never saw a reason to think it was the best one ever from reading up.  Good, great maybe, not $40 awesome.  I tend to keep an eye out at half price in case it ever pops up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...