IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Super Sprint!

BeaIank

9 hours ago, NESfiend said:

@mbd39 throws up an early participation score the week before marble madness. Surprised I missed that before. Hes grinding away to massacre the field. Unnecessary though. My money say his first sunday score will be good enough to win. 

Nah, I also threw up a quick participation score when we played Micro Machines last year. Top down racers aren't my thing.

I hope there's a lot of competition for Marble Madness this week. Second best NES game behind Tetris.

1 hour ago, Ausden said:

Curious what the majority have their upgrade levels at when they finish.

For the purposes of this competition: ZERO.

And NESfiend, I don't know how many attempts that took you to get good RNG so the wrenches never appeared in front of CPU cars right as they were driving over them for 21 races in a row, but I ain't going through that kind of frustration, so congrats on #1 (assuming no one snipes you at the last minute).

27 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

For the purposes of this competition: ZERO.

And NESfiend, I don't know how many attempts that took you to get good RNG so the wrenches never appeared in front of CPU cars right as they were driving over them for 21 races in a row, but I ain't going through that kind of frustration, so congrats on #1 (assuming no one snipes you at the last minute).

I missed a couple wrenches, but I was perfect on them through 10 levels. I have found a way to protect the first wrench every time. The second one is less risky in general, but it would take a lot of luck to get through perfect. 

@Ausden, I only upgraded once leveling my top speed to level 2. You dont have too as Dr. M said, but my run had gone so well (i.e. missed so few wrenches), I wanted a little extra insurance that I would I complete it. 

@mbd39, thanks, but dont jinx it! A lot of day left and plenty of potential snipers. 

Edited by NESfiend

On 4/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, SuperJimtendo said:
On 4/9/2021 at 11:31 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

What does "VAGS" stand for?  Or is that a textual Freudian slip?

VidyAGameSage

Nice Save.  SuperJimtendo is a great moniker/avatar, but if you ever tire of it you could change it to this, cuz that was damn smooooooth.... lol

WD-40.png

• Haha 2

On 4/8/2021 at 7:20 PM, Jeevan said:

It is fun, but for the life of me I can't figure out why sometimes i barely touch a wall and explode and then other times i run full force nose first into the wall like so:

Frustrated Head GIF

and I don't explode. 

course 6 & 13 & 20 for whatever reason have a ton of 'hit wall = explode on impact spots.'  

Are there land mines strapped to the walls in the turns or what?

• Haha 1

That was serious Ricky Bobby shizz.  

Congrats NESfiend !

..makes me wonder what the max possible score for this competition would be.  Once you can get 2 wrenches everytime and finish without upgrading your car it just comes down to picking up the most flags possible which seems like it would be a tricky number to figure out...

Edited by PII
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Good job! And you still have a week for third win in a row with Marble Madness.

Now thats laughable. See my prediction in this thread about your sunday score beating the field on the week. And see your sunday score. Either the 2nd or 3rd best score documented ever. Yeah, 3 peat isnt happening. 

I played around with MM today some. I doubt I can match my score from last time. Busted my ass to get that and I had a lot more time then. It is fun as hell and nostalgic for me. Ill put in a ton of time to get 6th or so with no regrets. 

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Now thats laughable. See my prediction in this thread about your sunday score beating the field on the week. And see your sunday score. Either the 2nd or 3rd best score documented ever. Yeah, 3 peat isnt happening. 

I played around with MM today some. I doubt I can match my score from last time. Busted my ass to get that and I had a lot more time then. It is fun as hell and nostalgic for me. Ill put in a ton of time to get 6th or so with no regrets. 

The funny thing is I've probably put way more time into Tetris than Marble Madness... and uh, getting good at MM is significantly easier than getting good at Tetris, that's for sure.

Events Team · Posted

Well, the last scoreboard I posted was already the final one!
Congratulations to @NESfiend for securing his second win in a row in the weekly contest!
Congratulations to @Dr. Morbis for taking the 2nd place and to @bertsampson for taking 3rd with his "no effort" score posted right away!

• Thanks 1

• The topic was unpinned