IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Super Sprint!

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

No, I've never played F-1 race.

As for Super Sprint, me and overhead/isometric NES racers just don't get along. I was also horrible at RC Pro Am and Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat. But I might give Super Sprint some more tries this week.

You could pretend you’re playing Marble Madness, which is kind of like an isometric racer.  Might ease you up a bit.  I get it though, these ones are always competitive and you can’t exactly squeak in with some mediocre score, I like these kind of games kinda but I never fare well for that reason. Still, Super Sprint seems to be easier on the player than RC Pro Am, RC’s programming just feels so so cruel lol.  (The bad flip side of this though, is that it’s also easy on everyone else)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lasses and Lads, be READY, for a week of FAST paced racing is upon us! Our pilots will prove their mettle at the devious tracks of SUPER SPRINT! They must prove who is the fastest of them all t

Its thursday and no @Jeevan appearance yet. Completely unacceptable.  Dont you work here or something?  Also, @docile tapeworm, you cant protest the racing games unless you play them. Then we wil

Can we go back to catchin’ Marlin?

Posted Images

Okay, I've officially topped Bart Simpson's, er, Bert Sampson's score, which is always goal number one since he comes in guns a-blazin' every week and puts up a good score before the rest of us have even put our pants on, and I think I'm done now until someone gives me a reason to try harder.  I missed exactly 10 wrenches, so I left 15,000 points on the table...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Score:  48,200

MicroMachines would be sooooo much nice to play

ACtC-3d5ZTBxRL7tL-o4oHuNVhsj6_wJvye4XpLs

Man, you just missed it. We played that game toward the end of last year. And it was a ball. I want to say 3 people beat it. I think I had 4th behind them getting to like the second to last race. Whatever the last one with the race cars is. Such a great game, but def hard as shit. You can go into the event archives and find the scoreboard if you want to play and see how you would have compared to the field here

Edited by NESfiend
46 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Man, you just missed it. We played that game toward the end of last year. And it was a ball. I want to say 3 people beat it. I think I had 4th behind them getting to like the second to last race. Whatever the last one with the race cars is. Such a great game, but def hard as shit. You can go into the event archives and find the scoreboard if you want to play and see how you would have compared to the field here

I'd probably suck at it but it's just a fun game to play.

• Like 1

Its thursday and no @Jeevan appearance yet. Completely unacceptable.  Dont you work here or something? 

Also, @docile tapeworm, you cant protest the racing games unless you play them. Then we will hear your gripes and dismiss them appropriately. You can't win if you dont play, and you cant get the racing category renamed "Nascar" without winning. 

In honor of my alma mater, Michigan State, and the recent name change for the basketball team, if I win the racing category, Ill request that it be renamed "NESfiend presents: THE CIRCUIT"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Its thursday and no @Jeevan appearance yet. Completely unacceptable.  Dont you work here or something? 

Also, @docile tapeworm, you cant protest the racing games unless you play them. Then we will hear your gripes and dismiss them appropriately. You can't win if you dont play, and you cant get the racing category renamed "Nascar" without winning. 

In honor of my alma mater, Michigan State, and the recent name change for the basketball team, if I win the racing category, Ill request that it be renamed "NESfiend presents: THE CIRCUIT"

I'm working right now for the site ❤️  I will put in at least a participation score some time this evening just for you buddy 😘

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

@NESfiend  curse you for making me play this........

It is fun, but for the life of me I can't figure out why sometimes i barely touch a wall and explode and then other times i run full force nose first into the wall like so:

Frustrated Head GIF

and I don't explode.  😕

Yep. That's pretty much the reason why I only got to level 6. It's kind of like Super Off-Road where the walls sometimes "suck" your vehicle toward them and you keep crashing and fall behind, except in that game the vehicles don't explode.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

Two worst situations so far:

1: crashing while under an over pass and not being able to see if I'm stuck on something or which way to turn while the other cars pass me up but not before bobbling me around to make certain I don't figure it out with anything like timeliness.

2: Similar situation where I hit one of those poles that pop up in the road, get stuck; then the other three cars take turns hitting me and actually bobbling me backwards until I hit a wall and explode.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@FireHazard51 ur fuggin' picture broke again, what the actual heck are you doin'?

Might I suggest imgur and copy link address to share your pics?

My pixel phone auto loads them to my google photos account.  I then move photo to public album that all can view.  I don't know why the links keep breaking.... well the spoiler photo I accidently deleted.  Can you not see the other photo as that one I can see still.

Edited by FireHazard51
Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

My pixel phone auto loads them to my google photos account.  I then move photo to public album that all can view.  I don't know why the links keep breaking.... well the spoiler photo I accidently deleted.  Can you not see the other photo as that one I can see still.

can't see either

• Sad 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      Lads and gents, be welcome!
      We are about to start the 2ND ROUND of our BELOVED VGS NES WEEKLY Contest!
      We will have an action packed week this time around, with LOTS of shooting going on!
      Players, be prepared to tackle SMASH TV!!!!

Clean up your pads and get ready to get cramps on your fingers from shooting so damn much!
      Unlike SMB3 rules, those are very kind to all of you:
      Play till game over Play 1 player. You can play 1 player 2 controllers if you fancy Take your picture at the game over screen or pause the game as you lose your last life to take the picture. If you beat the game, you can take your picture at the "total bonus" screen instead of taking it on the game over screen. Highest score wins Participation: 50,000 Genre: Action May you win many brand new toasters this week!

The contest ends Sunday, 03/28/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!
      It is TIME! The time you all have been waiting for. The time for the grandest event of the year to start.
      A fresh new start for all our competitors. A new chance to be crowned VGS CHAMPION! New genre badges to be earned to prove they are the VERY BEST in a certain game genre!
      It is TIME for our players to show the results of their training during the down time.
      @guillavoieand I are proud and honoured to present and start the VGS NES WEEKLY CONTEST 2021!

And... we start off with a CLASSIC! Super Mario Bros 3!

I bet all the evil turtle hoppers are ready to hop till Bowser's fortress, aren't you all?

Well, THINK AGAIN!
      Here's the evil, wicked, twisted rules that SMB3 will run under:
      One life only If you die, take your picture at the world map so we can assess progress Play till you beat world 1 If you skip stage 4, take a picture of the world map when Bowser's warship spawn to show that you skipped it. If you beat world 1, take your picture at the start of world 2 Progress + Highest score wins Participation: Beat stage 1 with a score of at least 15,000 Genre: Platformer I hope you all are READY FOR THIS CHALLENGE!!! And be happy I am not making you play as green Mario!
      The contest ends Sunday, 03/21/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Ahoy hoy, my beloved friends. Long time no see! Life got WAY busier than it should be in the last two weeks here.
      As Guil and I start to plan the upcoming 2021 season of the beloved Weekly Contest, we deemed it wise to ask you all, the players, for suggestions of NES and Famicom games you believe to be worthy of being playing during our 2021 season!
      So spill the guts. Let us know what games you would love to see this year and we will thoroughly consider them!
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, after a long year of competition and two fierce tournament rounds, we finally get to THE BIG ONE!
      The TOURNAMENT GRAND FINAL!

Out of 15 skilled players, only 5 made it to the GRAND FINALS!
      Here's our 5 heroes:
      @0xDEAFC0DE
      @bertsampson
      @Gaia Gensouki
      @Tablew/chairs
      @Richardhead
      Those BRAVE players will face a most difficult challenge this week, involving 2 games!

Our first game is... BUBBLE BOBBLE!
      The rules for it are very simple:
      One life only Play till game over Highest score wins For this game, the players will be award points in the following manner:
      1st place: 25 points 2nd place: 20 points 3rd place: 15 points 4th place: 10 points 5th place: 5 points But to test their mettle and prove their worth, they will also have to DARE THROUGH CIRCUS CHARLIE!
      A Famicom exclusive that is a bombshell of fun!
      Here's the rules:
      Play 1 player, mode B Play 1 life only One loop only Take your picture at stage start after losing your life or at stage start of stage 6 if you loop the game Highest score wins For this game, the players will be award points in the following manner:
      1st place: 12 points 2nd place: 8 points 3rd place: 4 points 4th place: 2 points 5th place: 1 points The player that has the highest sum of points will be crowned THE 2020 VGS WEEKLY CONTEST TOURNAMENT CHAMPION!
      So get ready lads, and do your best!
      We're all awaiting for all the exciting action that will unfold in this EPIC WEEK!
      The contest ends Sunday, 12/13/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• By BeaIank
      Hello and welcome to our second round of TOURNAMENT ACTION, ladies and gentlemen!
      Out of our 15 players, 10 heroes survived the first round.
      Here they are:
      @Gaia Gensouki
      @Richardhead
      @bertsampson
      @Tablew/chairs
      @NESfiend
      @0xDEAFC0DE
      @8bitdontquit
      @mbd39
      @Jeevan
      @ninjistar
      Out of those 10, only 5 will make through a BRUTAL ROUND OF GYRUSS!
      Here's the rules they have to abide to during this week:
      Choose whichever controls you want Progress + highest score will determine the winner The highest score is capped at 1,200,000 points at the end of the first loop. If you reach 1,200,000 points before beating the end boss, you must stop your run and take your picture. In case of one or more players score exactly 1,200,000 points at the end of the first loop, the tie break will be determined by their overall Shooter genre position through the 2020 VGS Weekly contest. If you beat the game and has more than 1,200,000 points, your score will be disqualified. If you reach past 1,200,000 before beating the game, your score counts as 1,199,950 for the stage where you broke the 1,200,000 points mark.
      Pause the game and take your picture in such case. If you game over, state the stage you died when reporting the score at so that progress can be determined. No looping of the game allowed.  If you beat the game, you must take your picture when the game loops back to stage 1.  Anyone suspected of playing on a second loop or beyond will have their score disqualified. Good luck to those 10 brave warriors. They need it.

The contest ends Sunday, 12/06/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.