IGNORED

KUBO 3 (Famicom edition)

dale_coop

KUBO 3, an adventure platformer game made by SJ Games, with a cute cowboy turtle as the hero is now available on FAMICOM.

For those who wouldn't know, SJ Games is Seiji, my 8yo son. It's his project, he spent one year working on NESmaker for that result. Of course, I helped him for the technical part (custom physics/code/scripts, that are not in NESmaker and giving the directions when didn't know how to do something, during our little "let's create a nes game workshop sessions). The NES edition released a few months ago was a success. Now, Seiji is Japanese-French (his mom is Japanese), we've made the japanese version for the FAMICOM, translated the texts and we did a made a few additions (most noticeable is the new "difficult" mode).

KUBO 3 FAMICOM:
A complete in box edition, game and manual in Japanese/English.
In collaboration with Broke Studio, only 100 copies will be available! (several of those copies will already be sent to a few store in Japan)

So, if you want a copy, please, fill this (pre)order form: forms.gle/REqR7mxSzt2FUBWi7
Price: 35€ +shipping

(note that the digital version is available on itchio)

Thank you for the support ❤️

IMG_8844.jpg.18af2cad4c23330c169fc8a81fb243e2.jpg1403247239_IMG_2272(2).JPG.795f4d2c5d12edeaaf12b663ef0d4010.JPG

Gameplay trailer: 

Edited by dale_coop

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

I filled out the request earlier, I'm still on the list, right?

Thanks!

You should be, yeah. Can you give me your first name 😉 I will check you're still on the list..

Edit: Dave A. 😉 I confirm you're in my list 😉 (quick question, do you want SJ Games signs your copy ?)

Edited by dale_coop
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dale_coop said:

You should be, yeah. Can you give me your first name 😉 I will check you're still on the list..

Edit: Dave A. 😉 I confirm you're in my list 😉 (quick question, do you want SJ Games signs your copy ?)

Ohhhh that's tough, I think I need to order two then, one signed and one unsigned. Want me to place another order or can you update it on your end? Thanks!

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Ohhhh that's tough, I think I need to order two then, one signed and one unsigned. Want me to place another order or can you update it on your end? Thanks!

Haha, thantk you for the support 😉
Can't modify it (I checked now), if you could order another one (in the quantity secction, you could set "Other" and write something like 1 signed copy), like that I will track it 😉

Man, Seiji is so excited by this release. We recieved the first copy from BrokeStudio, yesterday, Seiji loved it so much.

❤️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dale_coop said:

Haha, thantk you for the support 😉
Can't modify it (I checked now), if you could order another one (in the quantity secction, you could set "Other" and write something like 1 signed copy), like that I will track it 😉

Man, Seiji is so excited by this release. We recieved the first copy from BrokeStudio, yesterday, Seiji loved it so much.

❤️

Done sir 🙂

i think the whole thing is so awesome, I work with young kids for my job, so I can only imagine how excited your son must be! It's honestly a bit infectious, seeing the pics and reading the posts, I'm always happy to support projects like this 🙂

• Love 1

Thank you, Dave 👍😘
Those moments working with my son are fantastic. And the physical editions are a totem (symbol) of those finished projects he made. He is proud to show them to the friends/family.

See you soon (I will contact everyone by email in a few days)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Yeah, I may be on there twice. Looking forward to the release!

I have you, yep twice (2 different emails ;)). It's ok (as I will confirm with each of you when I will validate the orders... in a few days ;))

Edited by dale_coop

• 4 weeks later...

It's TIME !!! The shipping will start soon.

If you haven't received any email from me, yesterday, it means I haven't you on my pre order list... (or I forgot you)
Please contact me ASAP if you want a copy of KUBO 3 Famicom
-> my email:  d a l e c o o p @ g m a i l . c o m 

It's almost sold out ! After that, I will not be able to sell you one >_<

FD3D1D30-E8A2-4E83-82DB-0B4CD133C4B9.JPG.640559b89e62b6ed5df1bd98d3295a06.JPG

IMG_2639.jpg.64fbc49a4d4590b466c5c92fd680251e.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 8:38 PM, fcgamer said:

Done sir 🙂

i think the whole thing is so awesome, I work with young kids for my job, so I can only imagine how excited your son must be! It's honestly a bit infectious, seeing the pics and reading the posts, I'm always happy to support projects like this 🙂

Ordered two pieces, sir. Thanks 🙂

I've made pre-orders to estimate the quantities to be manufactured.
Some people asked me, signed by Seiji copies, so I accepted (and proposed to a few of you...)
I contacted each person to validate their pre-orders: validate their address and receive the payment for validation.
With that. I could make the games…  Seiji signed some copies. We finished the manufacturing, sealed the boxes.
The validated orders waste shipped at the beginning of this month.

Contacting me now, for validation of a signed game and a regular copy…
I am sorry, but I can not honor this request. We no longer have signed copies (I still have 1 but it was damaged in the mail). I can only sell normal copies, also the stock is very low... or maybe ask Seiji to sign on the plastic of one of the sealed boxes.

I'm really sorry >_<

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, dale_coop said:

I've made pre-orders to estimate the quantities to be manufactured.
Some people asked me, signed by Seiji copies, so I accepted (and proposed to a few of you...)
I contacted each person to validate their pre-orders: validate their address and receive the payment for validation.
With that. I could make the games…  Seiji signed some copies. We finished the manufacturing, sealed the boxes.
The validated orders waste shipped at the beginning of this month.

Contacting me now, for validation of a signed game and a regular copy…
I am sorry, but I can not honor this request. We no longer have signed copies (I still have 1 but it was damaged in the mail). I can only sell normal copies, also the stock is very low... or maybe ask Seiji to sign on the plastic of one of the sealed boxes.

I'm really sorry >_<

Ok right, I preordered a signed copy early on, one of the earliest people to accept it. You now refused to sell it, obviously you oversold such copies...

I think it's better not to take it 100% public, but if you like, I think it's regrettable.

I have nothing to hide and to be clear, you are the one that is making that doing all those waves here.

I replied to your email, proposed you solutions (either I can send you a custom kubo “thank you” card hand drawn by Seiji, with stickers. Or send you a sealed copy that Seiji would sign (on the “wrapping plastic”)….

Man, it’s unfair from you to attack me, I am doing my best to try to find a solution… but you are the one that is not cooperating.

PS: like I told you, I still have a signed box copy remaining, but that box is damaged, so I can’t sell you that one.

8 minutes ago, dale_coop said:

I have nothing to hide and to be clear, you are the one that is making that doing all those waves here.

I replied to your email, proposed you solutions (either I can send you a custom kubo “thank you” card hand drawn by Seiji, with stickers. Or send you a sealed copy that Seiji would sign (on the “wrapping plastic”)….

Man, it’s unfair from you to attack me, I am doing my best to try to find a solution… but you are the one that is not cooperating.

PS: like I told you, I still have a signed box copy remaining, but that box is damaged, so I can’t sell you that one.

I already told you before I dont care about damage or not, I just care to receive what I was (one of the first to ) pre-order, and then to pay. 

If it's a big issue I was delayed to pay you then please make it known to the world, I can admit that - sorry I preordered two months earlier, had no idea I'd have a week notice to pay or else my game would be gone (you never even mentioned this either).

Such are unfair rules but whatever. It's obvious that you sold more than you had, is that true or not? If not, why is it that people who placed preorder don't have copies? 

Administrator · Posted

@dale_coop Congrats on the release!! It's really neat to see the finished physical product.  I bet your son is beyond excited, and how cool for him to see this project through to the end.  What a great learning experience for him and I'm sure many great memories. 

Best of luck to you both!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thank you spacepup… it was a really interesting adventure, Seiji was awesome and it was a pleasure to help him in his projects. We all learn a lot of things (me that when you go public, you have to deal with all the bad things, haters, angry people and assholes… luckily, I preserved Seiji from most of that)

• Like 1

@fcgamer I make it public, like that you will NOT attack me later, when you will receive it…

I proposed you other alternatives but you won’t accept and just threw me your money (1 hour ago) with a DO IT.
Ok…

Here is YOUR signed copy, like you can see it’s damaged. But if you really want it, ok, I will send you that one!

Please, confirm me, here … I will send you that one.

Everyone is witness that the copy you will receive is another in perfect condition:

47506D27-F0D9-4B2D-BA06-602C69706C89.jpeg.f5906e20fc8cd65f5dd2799387a1d486.jpeg

03370274-E7F4-4C9A-8621-D36F77C6EA1E.jpeg.eccd90307a945067b59b63397315d4a2.jpeg

9 hours ago, dale_coop said:

I make it public, like that you will NOT attack me later, when you will receive it…

Actually I never attack people publically over the games I buy, even if they don't work properly, etc.

I'm not a condition-sensitive person when it comes to games, I think I've mentioned that numerous times over the years on here.

10 hours ago, dale_coop said:

@dale_coop Perhaps I was being unfair last night, but I think you were being a bit unfair regarding the situation too.

I pre-ordered the games around April 2nd (in fact I also inquired about the Famicom version of the game back in early January and mentioned I had wanted it, before it even was posted up for grabs on VGS). So to be "on" the list from the start to then being "off" the list with no explanation at all aside from things being sold out, I don't think that's fair either. 

At least could have been an explanation what exactly happened. 

Despite what you may think, I'm not trying to make huge waves here, rather I just don't understand how I got off the list, if we were filling out forms to help you gauge how many to make.

Is it just that one box got damaged in the mail? Or someone miscalculated how many to sign? Or other people later requested signed copies after the fact? I don't know, but I think transparency is definitely better in these situations, and would lend to people feeling much more receptive of trying to figure out a compromise.