IGNORED

Majora's Mask (N64) Retail Variant Question

This is for North American NTSC carts.  I often see two different retail versions of Majora's Mask - One with a lenticular ("holographic") sticker and one with a normal sticker...My question for N64 experts - What box does each come in?  I know the lenticular sticker came in the "Collector's Edition" box originally because I still have my original one I bought from Best Buy in April 2000...I thought the "normal" sticker variant came with the box that didn't have the little grey "Collector's Edition" box on the front, but when I look at them on eBay, like half of the Collector's Edition boxes come with the non-lenticular sticker...Maybe there is a way to tell with variant codes (USA-1 carts?)?  Or maybe I'm missing something else? I'm hoping someone can re-create this table, but make it accurate...and not just me guessing:

Collector's Edition Box: Lenticular or Non-Lenticular
Non-Collector's Edition Box: Non-Lenticular

Lenticular Sticker: Always Collector's Edition Box
Non-Lenticular Sticker: Could be Collector's Edition or Non-Collector's edition Box

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the Collector's Edition box is supposed to strictly come with the Lenticular label and not with the Non-Lenticular label. I took a look at about ~50 auctions on ebay and only found one with the CE box and Non-Lenticular cart. 1 out of 50 could easily have been a frankensteined CIB. Are you sure you are looking close enough at the cart? Sometimes it's hard to tell until you look at a close up.