IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Smash TV!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Lads and gents, be welcome!
We are about to start the 2ND ROUND of our BELOVED VGS NES WEEKLY Contest!

We will have an action packed week this time around, with LOTS of shooting going on!
Players, be prepared to tackle SMASH TV!!!!

02_SmashTV_Sage.png.afa4c609c7b74976dfa8

Clean up your pads and get ready to get cramps on your fingers from shooting so damn much!
Unlike SMB3 rules, those are very kind to all of you:

• Play till game over
  • Play 1 player. You can play 1 player 2 controllers if you fancy
  • Take your picture at the game over screen or pause the game as you lose your last life to take the picture.
  • If you beat the game, you can take your picture at the "total bonus" screen instead of taking it on the game over screen.
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 50,000
  • Genre: Action

May you win many brand new toasters this week!

The contest ends Sunday, 03/28/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
1st arnpoly 11,549,260
2nd Dr. Morbis 11,049,295
3rd Californication 8,197,480
4th 0xDEAFC0DE 7,829,825
5th PII 7,557,235
6th dvertov 6,718,170
7th bertsampson 5,864,820
8th 8bitdontquit 5,323,520
9th Jeevan 4,845,685
10th NESfiend 2,627,000
11th mbd39 2,498,130
12th Darth Vader 2,467,545
13th Mega Tank 2,220,880
14th JamesRobot 1,095,360
15th a3quit4s 805,765
16th Ausden 781,580
17th Krunch 681,670
18th FireHazard51 666,930
19th Deadeye 554,495
20th SuperJimtendo 537,730

• The topic was pinned

a game that my idea of, was nothing like what the game was.....awesome game for what it is and its hilarious!

edit: its not rare to get the "wtf" responce from an nes game. but this little gem is special. from the cover art to the trench coat flashing bad guys, the super gun toting good guys, the drugs, the labs....the fun...fun game.

edit: i was thinking of narc....this game i never played and it sucks!

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Skinny mixing this game up with NARC is hilarious.

Even weirder he was excited to play NARC. If I had thought it was NARC and it turned out to be something else, Id be thrilled with just about any alternative 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Aw yeah.   Time for some two fisted action!

55bPy6w.jpg

That's double fisted action to you! (as per the box).  But guys, according to the official rules, our scores were due last year, so I guess it's going to be a 30-way tie for first at 0 points! 😛

I've never really dived into this game before so this week will be a learning experience for me more than anything...

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Even weirder he was excited to play NARC. If I had thought it was NARC and it turned out to be something else, Id be thrilled with just about any alternative 

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I enjoy NARC a lot more than I used to now that I can beat it. It's still not great. Kind of a guilty pleasure.

narc is a pleasent suprise as far as being an enjoyable game... its....i dont even know how to explain it its not a good game, only that its fun lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

narc is a pleasent suprise as far as being an enjoyable game... its....i dont even know how to explain it its not a good game, only that its fun lol

I guess I cant say I've given it a fair shake. Bought in on my brother in laws recommendation. We were watching the original tmnt movie with his kids and there is a narc arcade machine in the foot clan hangout. I played it for 5 or 10 minutes and never went back to it. 

Far as smash tv, I used to rent it, but could only remember what it generally looks like. This game is fun!

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

2,360,645          5,141,035          6,061,730          7,266,725          7,557,235

Hardest part here is gonna be getting that quick pic.

..think I finally got this picture thing figured out..

...gonna hafta start doing a paused pic as well I think...

Edited by PII
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 2