IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest 2021 - Super Mario 3

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, Californication said:

I can no-death through world 3. But I don't understand how everyone is getting to 8-8. Double flute, yup, yup. But even if I get to the dark world with two P's and a cloud I don't think I can get to 8-8. I've got to be missing something.

the 8-8 only satnds for the stages in world 1!

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, I can't do 1-4, so that's my sticking point.  I was killing it on 1-1, going away with 440k on average, so halfway to a million after the first level, and 1-2 is easy peasy, but 1-3 and 1-5 I was only so-so and 1-4 was just beyond my capabilities unless I were to practice for hours.... which I ain't willing to do.  Like I said, I'm done, so we'll see how many people come out of the woodwork this evening to knock me down some pegs...

1-1 is fun. you dont have to wait.

1-2 is a place that you can score more.

1-3,1-5 are basically gimmies

1-6 is tricky

1-4 is for masters.

10 minutes ago, Californication said:

I can no-death through world 3. But I don't understand how everyone is getting to 8-8. Double flute, yup, yup. But even if I get to the dark world with two P's and a cloud I don't think I can get to 8-8. I've got to be missing something.

Yeah 8-8 just means that the player completed 8 out of 8 of the levels on World 1, since we're only playing World 1.

So to rank high you have to beat all levels on World 1 (dont skip level 4!), and then after that highest score determines the ranking. 

Basically everyone's just pressing points on the handful of levels we're given to play on

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Congrats on still having first, skinny.

The snipes haven't shown up yet. 🤔

id love to steal a win. smb3 is my personal favorite game on the nes. and ive put a good amount of time into strats... still not gonna hold my breath that score can win lol...i might have one more run in me

7 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i almost mentioned you but you rarely play anymore..

Yeah man! It's been a while. I've been real busy with school so I haven't had much time. I'll be graduating college this semester. I'm looking to get back into into the competitions. I don't own the next couple of games in the tournament though. I'll have to either buy some carts or download an emulator. This will be fun if I can keep up with it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Another improvement for me but idk if I wanna spend the last hour at it so I think I’m callin it.  I hope @acromite53 has homework or somethin lol.  8th place even is fine with me

Top 8 is my hope too, but Im sure Ill get dropped down to 9 when @Redposts something like, "I had a very good game of smb3. I managed 800k on stage 1 and cleared 5 million."

• Like 1