IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest 2021 - Super Mario 3

BeaIank

Well, I really wanted to hit a million, but I just don't have it in me... Too frustrating with the law of diminishing returns requiring major dedication for small improvements, so I'm done.  I've updated my score posting with 971,150 pts.  Hopefully that's enough to keep me on the podium...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

oh that might have broke me.... damn i skipped a couple power ups too aaaaaahhhhh!!!

Oh man, congrats! Going for a million already broke me... way too frustrating.  So my only question left is how many people are going to come out ofthe woodwork Sunday evening with ridiculous scores to knock me waaaaay down the leaderboard???

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Oh man, congrats! Going for a million already broke me... way too frustrating.  So my only question left is how many people are going to come out ofthe woodwork Sunday evening with ridiculous scores to knock me waaaaay down the leaderboard???

thanks. i got better at 1-6 😉 im close on 1-4... you can too.

i wouldnt be suprised if 1million isnt enough to podium.

too many good players that post on the last day 🙂 and id be lying if i said im a straight shooter when it comes to posting my score 🤡

looks like the worm still holds the lead going into the final day of the smb3 contest. the final hours of the contest will be grousome. competitors will battle! rankings will change. some of the best may blow your mind today by days end you may witness total smb3 world 1 master scores! i dont know!...but. 1.4 million...at least!...is on the table. tapeworm has shlurpt up a decent million. more can be done even in his own run so surely some of the best could be very close to 1.4 indeed. where do you want to finish on that leaderboard today?.....yes you will.

15 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

thanks. i got better at 1-6 😉 im close on 1-4... you can too.

i wouldnt be suprised if 1million isnt enough to podium.

too many good players that post on the last day 🙂 and id be lying if i said im a straight shooter when it comes to posting my score 🤡

Yeah, I can't do 1-4, so that's my sticking point.  I was killing it on 1-1, going away with 440k on average, so halfway to a million after the first level, and 1-2 is easy peasy, but 1-3 and 1-5 I was only so-so and 1-4 was just beyond my capabilities unless I were to practice for hours.... which I ain't willing to do.  Like I said, I'm done, so we'll see how many people come out of the woodwork this evening to knock me down some pegs...