IGNORED

Video Game Sage Mixology Championship

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

StPattys-Tapper-VGS-02.thumb.png.5ecc9f70699b3b20ab4f305e099025d4.png

Come one, Come all to the next installment of VGS annual contests!!!!!!

Feel like a drink?  Well so do the many patrons you will be serving!  Will you get blasted in the face or will you choose the right beverage that the bandit did not shake?

Come take a crack at mixing up some beverages for the patrons that come in to your establishment.  What's the deal you ask?  Well the deal is, whoever can get the highest reputation(points) will be crowned the Mixology Champ!!!!!

Challenge:  Play 1 player Tapper on the Atari 2600.  Must have the system set to P1 novice.  The following controls for the online emulator should look like the following:

VGe3Scv.png

The yellow circled button is how you choose P1 Expert or Novice.  Make sure it is in the position above!

Other than that, you need to serve as many patrons as possible!  The highest score wins.  

Following additional rules apply:

The contest ends Sunday, 3/21/2021 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Play Tapper for Atari 2600 on P1 Novice.

Play until Game over and the "beverages" are flashing empty/full.

Take a picture and ping ole' Jeevy with an @Jeevan and harass him to update the scoreboard

Highest Score wins the top prize!!!!

Help ole' Jeevy keep track. If he doesn't update your score let him know! 🙂

Contest starts at 7am EST(aka VGS time) 3/14/2021.

Enjoy and have fun!!!!

Prize(s):  1st place $25 amazon gift card

2nd place $15 amazon gift card

3rd place $10 amazon gift card

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted

1st --  zeldafreak  312,400

2nd -- Acromite53  289,825

3rd -- Bearcat  225,425

4th -- Koifish  130,225

5th -- Chickentendas 118,525

6th --Spacepup  102,125

7th -- Defaultgen  76,275

8th -- Deadeye  66,650

9th -- G-type  32,725

10th -- Firehazard51  26,975

11th -- JVOSS  26,175

12th -- Kokirichild  19,725

13th -- Megatank  14,900

• Wow! 1

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

oof, um, is there a way u can play on a laptop because honestly, while I trust u to be honest, I would prefer not to go down that slippery slope.

I can try and get to a computer. I tried playing on my phone and I didn't do very well with the touchscreen anyway.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I can try and get to a computer. I tried playing on my phone and I didn't do very well with the touchscreen anyway.

now that being said, if u have a friend or significant other who can take a picture of your phone with ur name on a small slip of paper I'm all for it!  phoneception!!!!!!!!  🤣

Events Team · Posted

Hm, an Atari game this time. Wish it was Joust, would've killed it at that 😆

Oh well, I'll see what I can do within the next couple days. And I won't keep the fact that I'm participating a secret this time 😛

Love the art for this contest by the way, it looks really awesome!

• Love 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
59 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Have you played this much before? I used to be able to hit at least 110k on average, but I haven't played this regularly in a while.

The 2600 version?  Never.  I played the arcade version several times, but just for fun. 

• Like 1

First time playing this port, I wish I had sooner as it is great fun.

Update:

Need some more practice with the delay that happens on some inputs. I'm noticing too that you can't always catch the mugs coming back if you rapidly switch lanes.

Update

1304428273_IMG_20210317_01434972.jpg.0cceaa8c97255e1cfb358e12f92723aa.jpg

Hopefully it is visible this time 🙂

I think I finally understand how to get points effectively in this game. I would have broken 100k easily had I not gotten cocky. I expect tomorrow to bring bac a new higher score.

Edited by koifish
updated score to 97200 and added new photo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
15 minutes ago, koifish said:

@jeevan

I saw other folks post to mention updating score, so I'm doing the same in case my edit wasn't easily visible.

awesome, can you do me one favor?  Put a small piece of paper in the frame when u take another pic of a better score?  😊