IGNORED

Is this glob top Gameboy bootleg, repaired, or legit original?

85Collector

There's this persisting idea that anything with a glop top on it is fake or modified.

Previous message shows examples of this not being true. If the buyer insists, show him more proof that late Game Boy hardware used glop tops. If he doesn't accept it, he's either very ignorant or just wants a free Game Boy. He can also be very ignorant and want a free Game Boy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

There's this persisting idea that anything with a glop top on it is fake or modified.

Previous message shows examples of this not being true. If the buyer insists, show him more proof that late Game Boy hardware used glop tops. If he doesn't accept it, he's either very ignorant or just wants a free Game Boy. He can also be very ignorant and want a free Game Boy.

You have no idea how many times I have run across this dilemma. An ignorant buyer insists that something is fake because of lack of research. It made me tense any time I sold something with a glop top like Tetris, Mario, or Splatterhouse 3. No offense to 85Collector, the purpose of the post was to find clarification, so you're doing the right thing.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 11:38 PM, Tyree_Cooper said:

There was some idiot that owned a game store that told me that.  I told him about the glob top Star Foxes and SMB Duck Hunts how they're like that cuz its easier to produce.  He told me he threw those out because they were bootlegs.  Seriously.  I tried to argue with this guy for about a half hour and he was a complete idiot.  Even said he opens and cleans all his games.  Well that same day with the argument my friend bought some cheap NES game and it had an ounce of weed inside of it.  

Actually, he had "Avenging Spirit" for Gameboy for $15 so I bought it out of spite to resell it.  After playing it, I dug GB stuff and that fueled my GB buying haha.  Funny off-story.  

Also he had a lot of debt and his store closed.  He was even selling gift cards to the store after its inventory was sold to another store.  Real stand up guy.