IGNORED

Has anyone seen this!?

thesubcon3

Just now, thesubcon3 said:

I was sent this today... $4K for a vinyl pressing with an inspiration from the artist Banksy. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264514796545

This is crazy to me that it would be in that high of demand! I happen to have one as well!

DE2DF917-E57B-4F52-92D3-0CCA73272003.jpeg

Oh and this picture is from the auction and not of my personal one. 

3 minutes ago, Bronty said:

i read the description and I'm still not sure what it is exactly.

So this is some soundtrack?

With an image inspired by banksy but not actually by banksy?    Is that right?   

Yeah it’s a Pokémon vinyl by Moonshake Records. He used to do an email distribution a few years back with small printings. It’s definitely not actually banksy, but it’s crazy that it still sold for 3K as a best offer from what I was sent! 

I’m just surprised that vinyl is in that high of demand, unless it’s this specific release. 

Or maybe nobody cares, but the seller has 25 copies and is trying to inflate prices because it's a common thing to do nowadays. (Especially with "limited edition" soundtracks, where 80% of the stock gets purchased by resellers and ends up on eBay 12 hours after item is out of stock from the publisher.)

Edited by Tyree_Cooper

Yeah the underground VGM Vinyl scene is big right now. Copies of "Moonshake" Zelda & Megaman 2 are going for around $300 each right now. I was lucky to get both when they were released. There are a lot of other labels like "2D Ninja Records", "Select/Start", "Kawadeka", "Totakuribo", etc. They are exclusive groups and you can't buy them outside of them. It's very frustrating. (If anyone can get me on 2d Ninja, and Totakuribo mailing list/facebook group, let me know)

Edited by acromite53
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, thesubcon3 said:

Yeah it’s a Pokémon vinyl by Moonshake Records. He used to do an email distribution a few years back with small printings. It’s definitely not actually banksy, but it’s crazy that it still sold for 3K as a best offer from what I was sent! 

I’m just surprised that vinyl is in that high of demand, unless it’s this specific release. 

This was a best offer sale.. you know for sure it sold for that much? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

Or maybe nobody cares, but the seller has 25 copies and is trying to inflate prices because it's a common thing to do nowadays. (Especially with "limited edition" soundtracks, where 80% of the stock gets purchased by resellers and ends up on eBay 12 hours after item is out of stock from the publisher.)

That’s definitely what happens now, however most people didn’t know about Moonshake as he was one of the first and it was only on an email group. I only got a copy of this vinyl seemingly random by chance. 

Homebrew Team · Posted

I find it hard to believe that actually sold for that much, with there being so many out there (and with how niche it is).  I happen to have that one, along with all of the other Moonshake releases (not the variants, so much, but at least each entry), and though they are great, and very well done, I can't fathom one selling for 3k.

• 2 weeks later...